Henry Jacques - Sultan Qaboos Floral Blend

Holy moly! This is so beautiful. Roses, strawberry, maybe jasmine. This is the best one of the bunch that I got. No wonder they call HJ “perfumer of the kings”. I asked @Xerohome why it was unmarked. He said because this was an SQ. Absolutely mind blown!
From where u buy henry jacques sample
 
EO - No1 Assam

This is a subdued spicy and buttery pure Parfum. I’m getting notes of cumin, cardamom, lavender, florals, nuts, and a potent Oud at the base including vintage Assam Oud. Very beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    No1 Assam.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 79
These are the ones I’m waiting for. Should have added Ultra.

You should like Philtre and Slowdive. Tryst is all about the orange. I adore it but don't smell too much else. I'll be interested in hearing your impressions. Same goes for Hyde. It's supposed to be great, but I haven't tried it yet. How long till you get your samples?
 
EO - Rawdah

It starts off spicy with cumin making a guest appearance. Then we get straight into the rose. It’s so smooth and silky and narcotic. Then the Oud washes over you cleansing your sins. It’s such a beautiful Parfum. Easy to wear, has an attractive leather atomizer, and enjoyable to smell.

It’s different than all the other parfums from EO in that it smells like something one can wear outdoors.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Rawdah.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
Badr Harqan - Archavin

The top starts off with my favorite scent - bergamot. Then on to the heart where you smell dried fruits and honey. The base is an Indian vetiver that provides a woody base to balance it all. I love Badr Harqan’s works. They are a mixture of synthetic and natural ingredients. With him leaning on the more natural side.

He just recently released 35ml bottles which makes them more accessible. I got an orange Oud fragrance. Can’t wait to check that out too.

But I’m loving this Archavin!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Archavin .webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 60
You should like Philtre and Slowdive. Tryst is all about the orange. I adore it but don't smell too much else. I'll be interested in hearing your impressions. Same goes for Hyde. It's supposed to be great, but I haven't tried it yet. How long till you get your samples?
Just received them from DHL. will finish work then go back home and open my package of goodies.
 
I got these 4x2ml samples today:

Hiram Green - Slowdive
A very pleasant fragrance that starts with orange and tobacco and slowly changes to honey. At first it smells a lot like Aton’s Eastern Fairytale, but a much softer and palatable version. Slowdive kind of smells like the cereal Golden Grahams after having added some honey to the frey. Lovely.

Hiram Green - Philtre
I like this one a lot. Smells like I’m walking in a garden of freshly blooming roses or flowers. At first it smells like Jasmine but it quickly morphs into some thing much more potent and digestible. Floral, clovey, sweet but not overwhelming. I missed this for the Summer.

Hiram Green - Tryst
Smells like orange and green stems. I also smell jasmine although it isn’t written in the scent notes. But this scent of orange is one I have never smelled before. Very unique way of presenting it. It reminds me of Lebanon. Reminds me of the great restaurants we used to visit for breakfast and we could smell the orange juice being served with the manaeesh. Beautiful.

Hiram Green - Hyde
This is my favorite of the bunch. It’s darker in color. But it has bergamot in it so that’s one of the reasons it’s a winner. I’m attracted to its darker color. Smells like airline seat and that’s probably attributable to the birch tar. The oakmoss in here provides a nice finish. It’s here to downplay the birch tar. A really creative fragrance.

In sum, I liked all of them. Fragrances have universal appeal. To each his own. I got a nice card from the perfumer as well. Thanks @SophMarie for putting me on to this brand. All-natural.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Perfume of the Day
    Hiram Green note.webp
    142.2 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top