Wenshan baozhong oolong tea - this was a Christmas present. Just trying the 1st cup now, beautiful!
[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
Looks like we’re the first posts in nearly a year. Breathe some life into it? How frequently do you have tea? Any favorites?
There was a time when I lived near a tea shop and I was trying lots of different teas, mainly oolongs. It's actually been a long time since I've opened a decent bag of tea and I drink it very rarely these days. I wish I had more to offer, I don't have very deep knowledge. I enjoyed high elevation bright / grassy floral green oolongs without strong toasted / roasted notes - one "Tung Ting" I was able to get in particular was pretty much the pinnacle for me.


@Maunamoku has a passion for tea but I'm not sure how often he checks in here!
 
There was a time when I lived near a tea shop and I was trying lots of different teas, mainly oolongs. It's actually been a long time since I've opened a decent bag of tea and I drink it very rarely these days. I wish I had more to offer, I don't have very deep knowledge. I enjoyed high elevation bright / grassy floral green oolongs without strong toasted / roasted notes - one "Tung Ting" I was able to get in particular was pretty much the pinnacle for me.


@Maunamoku has a passion for tea but I'm not sure how often he checks in here!

Fair enough! I’m honestly the most interested in oud as a way to enhance both my meditation and my tea sessions. Oolongs are a great place to spend some time!
 
Had this perfect croissant with the baozhong oolong - nailed the brew today, something wasn't quite right yesterday even though it was quite good. Just a delicious tea and a perfect complement to the croissant and raspberry jam. Sublime aesthetic moment here surrounded by some gentle beautiful aromas as well.
[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
I have really been enjoying Long Jing (Dragon Well) tea since my trip to China last year.
We visited Hangzhou's West Lake area tea plantations and I was able to purchase direct from the source.

I have absolutely hooked ever since. I love sharing with people who come to visit and have never tried before.

My only issue was finding a reliable source of Long Jing going forward as I wanted the same quality not the export grade.
Fortunately for me one of the people I met (Australian Chinese), is a business man who travels to China frequently. His wife only drinks the highest quality tea and she has been kind enough to source it for me as well.

Im also a double espresso lover. That's my morning ritual lol.

I will sit down with a cup of Long Jing and a fat swipe of Aljannah Finale this morning after breakfast with friends 😎
 
I have really been enjoying Long Jing (Dragon Well) tea since my trip to China last year.
We visited Hangzhou's West Lake area tea plantations and I was able to purchase direct from the source.

I have absolutely hooked ever since. I love sharing with people who come to visit and have never tried before.

My only issue was finding a reliable source of Long Jing going forward as I wanted the same quality not the export grade.
Fortunately for me one of the people I met (Australian Chinese), is a business man who travels to China frequently. His wife only drinks the highest quality tea and she has been kind enough to source it for me as well.

Im also a double espresso lover. That's my morning ritual lol.

I will sit down with a cup of Long Jing and a fat swipe of Aljannah Finale this morning after breakfast with friends 😎

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
Haha my wife will live this picture. She is the big tea drinker. I never liked it until our trip to China.

What a collection mate, wow.

Have you tried Silver needles? I like that as well.

I have tried them! You should look into yellow tea, you may like that. I see many similarities between tea and oud, and I’m finding myself better positioned to enter the world of oud because of my tea habit. I can wait on quality, I don’t run out and buy hype stuff, I try to not throw anything away and come revisit it every few months/years because tastes change, etc.

What gives me the most excitement is the idea of pairing some of these aromas with tea sessions. I cannot wait.
 
I have tried them! You should look into yellow tea, you may like that. I see many similarities between tea and oud, and I’m finding myself better positioned to enter the world of oud because of my tea habit. I can wait on quality, I don’t run out and buy hype stuff, I try to not throw anything away and come revisit it every few months/years because tastes change, etc.

What gives me the most excitement is the idea of pairing some of these aromas with tea sessions. I cannot wait.
Definitely sounds like alot of fun.
Enjoy!!
 
By the way did someone tried tea made from agarwood tree flowers? Was wondering ifs the aroma have some simillaraties with agarwood despite its only flowers. Saw those online, but the price is quite high for my tea taste. Or the agarwood tea from Dr.incense? Im the coffee guy in work, but prefere tea at home and matcha in summer.
 
By the way did someone tried tea made from agarwood tree flowers? Was wondering ifs the aroma have some simillaraties with agarwood despite its only flowers. Saw those online, but the price is quite high for my tea taste. Or the agarwood tea from Dr.incense? Im the coffee guy in work, but prefere tea at home and matcha in summer.
I recall hearing on some forum thread or another that these teas made from various parts of the plant do not reflect a historic traditional use but instead is a modern contrivance, basically plantation owners trying to make a little more money from their crops (and who can blame them). I suppose it doesn't matter if it makes a good tisane!
 
I only recently started my journey into gonfu tea and have been trying out the many many different styles of Chinese whole leaf teas. I’ve decided my two favorites are white tea (fresh and aged) and shou puerh. I made an order last week for a variety of shou puerh cakes and can’t wait for them to be delivered. Meanwhile I’ll work through my stash of oolongs and reds while I wait.

[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
I only recently started my journey into gonfu tea and have been trying out the many many different styles of Chinese whole leaf teas. I’ve decided my two favorites are white tea (fresh and aged) and shou puerh. I made an order last week for a variety of shou puerh cakes and can’t wait for them to be delivered. Meanwhile I’ll work through my stash of oolongs and reds while I wait.

View attachment 52891
You can't go wrong with yunnan sourcing when starting out, they have a nice wide select at a wide range of prices. Great for finding out what you really like. I prefer a slightly more curated selection these days as space is limited in my pumidor (tea cabinet). I'll have to snap a picture of it once I have a tidy up and can open both doors.

There is so much variety in tea, processing styles, to trees they are gathering leaves from. A bit like oud it is a deep, deep rabbit hole to get lost in.
 
You can't go wrong with yunnan sourcing when starting out, they have a nice wide select at a wide range of prices. Great for finding out what you really like. I prefer a slightly more curated selection these days as space is limited in my pumidor (tea cabinet). I'll have to snap a picture of it once I have a tidy up and can open both doors.

There is so much variety in tea, processing styles, to trees they are gathering leaves from. A bit like oud it is a deep, deep rabbit hole to get lost in.

It’s a slippery slope!! Yunnan Sourcing is great, and don’t sleep on their curated monthly boxes. Not only do they showcase some nice teas, they’re also usually a good bargain, as well!
 
When i was little kid i used to collect herbs and flowers for the tea on the fields with my eastern european great-grandmother (photo is just illustrative, but this is how the grandmas looks like at that time). She knew all healing plants and flowers,
so it got another perspective when you were drinking that tea at winter.
I miss this folk perspective on tea and nature, nowadays it doesnt have too much sense to go collect it in nature from time-waste perspective when you can just buy it.

Time to time i go with my mother collect some herbs for the tea, its really refreshing to spend time in summer fields collect it all by yourself, i wish i can do it more often. So for me tea was always what you can find in the fields.

It just popped on the mind this morning how i was watching Calendula flower picture on my handsoap in bathroom, so i posted it to this thread.
Nowadays im just drikning coffee to stay awake a do all the job, tea is more about slowing down for me,
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
    IMG_0407.webp
    249.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
Top