There are many places, such as Liquid Proust mentioned above. Puerh.uk has an excellent selection as well. We used to sell puerh, now we focus on oolong.
Question is then where can I find good oolong? All oolongs you have are on your website?
I bought some taiwanese Oolong from Mountainstreamteas.com (They offer free shipping on orders above 32$ so its very easy to buy a bunch of samples and try out what suits you). The owner seems honest and genuine.
I got some chinese teas from Xinanchu.com (EU Vendor). They have a good selection of higher quality teas (more expensive).
I am still a beginner but Oolong is exactly my kind of Tea.
 
I find picking out or finding out if the tea is good or low quality is very difficult. For oud, you can look for resination, color, glue leftovers or ask for a cut section of the piece.
For me, tea is even more difficult to discern its quality without tasting it. Some vendors would say, some of the tea leaves broke on the way so its broken tea leaves but still high quality. What quality can I see in a picture of tightly rolled oolongs? You have tips for looking out for quality from pictures only?
Because higher prices dont necessarily mean better quality (in general) but its more confusing in tea. I can ask a chinese source for 500g of a tea where a western vendor is selling only 100g for the same price. Some tips to look out for quality online would be really appreciated 🤍
 
I find picking out or finding out if the tea is good or low quality is very difficult. For oud, you can look for resination, color, glue leftovers or ask for a cut section of the piece.
For me, tea is even more difficult to discern its quality without tasting it. Some vendors would say, some of the tea leaves broke on the way so its broken tea leaves but still high quality. What quality can I see in a picture of tightly rolled oolongs? You have tips for looking out for quality from pictures only?
Because higher prices dont necessarily mean better quality (in general) but its more confusing in tea. I can ask a chinese source for 500g of a tea where a western vendor is selling only 100g for the same price. Some tips to look out for quality online would be really appreciated 🤍
what do you think brother of oolong and pur eh offering by Germany brand of bio name is yushi en if you know ? I never go to oolong tea I am more in green tea Japan/ Chinese one but as fan of natural good things what advice you can do about oloong and benefits
 
what do you think brother of oolong and pur eh offering by Germany brand of bio name is yushi en if you know ? I never go to oolong tea I am more in green tea Japan/ Chinese one but as fan of natural good things what advice you can do about oloong and benefits
I did not try Yushi en yet. I will let you know, if I hear anything specific about them or if I get to try their offerings.

I realised there are quiet a lot of tea shops scattered in Germany, Poland and scandinavian countries.
I personally started my tea journey because tea bags were not offering the satisfaction and enjoyment I am getting from my oud and artisinal blends. I felt like my taste buds were lacking the extra stimulation or satisfactory aroma that goes in harmony with the unique and beautiful smell of oud. I started reading and searching about tea till I found out that tea actually has a bunch of categories and regions and preparation methods somehow similar to the concept of Oud.
As I dont enjoy the taste of green teas, I dont buy any.
I didn't go into details of benefits and different benefits between green, oolong or black teas so I won't be able to give you any specific answers.
 
Talking about myself:
My journey didn't start due to medicinal reasons/benefits, so I didn't focus much on that aspect. Especially because I would have to control other parts of my life before expecting to have a real benefit from 2 3 cups of tea a day.
It's like jogging every day while smoking every morning & evening and expecting to have better blood circulation and stamina. Or eating fast food/sweets every day and expecting to feel better because I am drinking a cup or two of "healthy" natural tea. I am trying to pay attention and control other essential parts (healthy food intake, movement) before digging deep and focusing on details I can benefit from tea.
 
Personal favorite vendors for tea:
Puerh:
- liquid proust
- puerh guy
- teaswelike
- hou de tea
- the steeping room
- white2tea
- puerh.Uk (bit of a nasty guy so avoid if possible)
- yeeontea(traditional Hong Kong)
- yunnanaourcing (extremely hit or miss, wide selection but minimal curation)
- king teamall (same as yunnanaourcing)
- taobao (need a agent usually, eBay of China so you can find anything bad to good, need some knowledge prior usually)

Oolong:
- maunamoku👑
- lazycat teas
- tea hong
- sweetestdew
- daxue jidao (impeccable stuff)
- dr incense (occasionally have some of ah weis insanely expensive oolong)
- wuyi origins
- old way teas
- scottstea (doing an autumn drop right now but have to order through a form)

Then if you want some traditional Hong Kong high roasted oolong I love Fukien and heard great things about geow yong. Seadyke I’ve heard also makes some great teas for cheap but I think mostly available on taobao. Sorry if these are mostly U.S. based vendors as that’s where I’m at. Just some people I’ve heard good reviews on.
 
Personal favorite vendors for tea:
Puerh:
- liquid proust
- puerh guy
- teaswelike
- hou de tea
- the steeping room
- white2tea
- puerh.Uk (bit of a nasty guy so avoid if possible)
- yeeontea(traditional Hong Kong)
- yunnanaourcing (extremely hit or miss, wide selection but minimal curation)
- king teamall (same as yunnanaourcing)
- taobao (need a agent usually, eBay of China so you can find anything bad to good, need some knowledge prior usually)

Oolong:
- maunamoku👑
- lazycat teas
- tea hong
- sweetestdew
- daxue jidao (impeccable stuff)
- dr incense (occasionally have some of ah weis insanely expensive oolong)
- wuyi origins
- old way teas
- scottstea (doing an autumn drop right now but have to order through a form)

Then if you want some traditional Hong Kong high roasted oolong I love Fukien and heard great things about geow yong. Seadyke I’ve heard also makes some great teas for cheap but I think mostly available on taobao. Sorry if these are mostly U.S. based vendors as that’s where I’m at. Just some people I’ve heard good reviews on.
This is what I needed. Eventhough most of them are us vendors, I will try to look through some.
Dr.incense teas are crazy expensive. More expensive than oud per gram. I dont know what kind of Kinam soil or leaves this tea has but I would rather boil sinking oud or wild kyara lol 😆😆
 
I do coffee in the morning (blend of turkish and fine grind medium to dark roasts brewed in moka pot, no more than 2 cups) and tea in the afternoon or evening occasionally.

On the topic of tea, I consume loose leaf black teas of just about any style (CTC, TGFOP, FBOP, FTGBOP, english breakfast, earl grey, barooti....) whatever I discover at the international market in town. I keep lamenting, however, of a certain tea I'd purchased and have never seen again which was Hafez premium spring tips. Maybe I haven't had enough experience with first flush tippy tea to make a good comparison but in my memory it was some of the best tea I've had. The only tea I DON'T like is anything in a sachet, that stuff just dosen't pass for me, lol.
 
I enjoy coffee, and now finally pulled the trigger and splurged on some new coffee gear. I prefer filter coffee over espresso, so I went with:
- NextLevel Pulsar Brewer
- Fellow Ode Brew Grinder Gen 2
- Fellow Stagg EKG Pro Electric Kettle
- Fellow Tally Pro Scale
- Kinto Sepia Jug (love this color, already have their mugs)

And a bunch of beans:
- The naughty dog 'Ethiopia GEDEB - autumn edition'
- The naughty dog 'Ethiopia Jenny's Barrel Coffee'
- Coffea Circulor 'Yemen Almaa Anaerobic'
- DAK Coffee Roasters 'Colombia Milky Cake'

Before I didn't care much about having a nice setup at home, and would just drink some super basic coffee. Hopefully now, I dont have to go out anymore to get a delicious cup of coffee ;-)
 
Here we go!

[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee


[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee


Should have invested in a proper setup a long time ago, this is delicious!
 
tea is definitely my favorite . I like coffee too, but tea a lot more. Specifically black tea from Ceylon and India.
My brewing method may seem unusual, but I don’t do Gong Fu, or the standard way of (steep tea bag for 5 minutes).
My method is adding a certain amount of tea and sugar to water just off boiling, and steeping for 20-30 minutes or more depending on the tea. An example recipe for OP1 grade would be for one liter : 12.5-13.5g tea, 50-55g sugar, steep for 25 minutes.
The ratios and time changes depending on the tea grade. But this method allows for the tea leaves to completely open up, infuse everything they have without harsh bitterness, even if steeped for hours and hours. I’ve actually left a pot of tea in the kitchen overnight, heated it (without boiling) and drank it, the flavor is all there with no bitterness, with some loss to the volatile flavors.
I stopped counting how many types I have after I passed 20 brands, this is an old photo, around 15 types at that time. Could never get bored
[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
Question is then where can I find good oolong? All oolongs you have are on your website?
I bought some taiwanese Oolong from Mountainstreamteas.com (They offer free shipping on orders above 32$ so its very easy to buy a bunch of samples and try out what suits you). The owner seems honest and genuine.
I got some chinese teas from Xinanchu.com (EU Vendor). They have a good selection of higher quality teas (more expensive).
I am still a beginner but Oolong is exactly my kind of Tea.
Teabox was recommended by a tea-drinking friend. (I'm mostly coffee.) The problem for me is that it's catalog is vast and a bit overwhelming. I've been happy with what I've bought but it's not always been what I've wanted. The next time I want something I'll try maunamoko.com.

Edit: Teabox has changed in the past couple of years since I've shopped. The catalog is minuscule, much of it is packaged, there's only one oolong. I can't recommend it anymore. Though one could probably find good Darjeeling still. (It's an Indian company.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top