Dark roasted Mocha Mattari, Yemen.
brewed over a flannel filter.

dark chocolate and roasted dates.
love its long lasting aftertaste.

P1090581.jpg
 
Tea always feels better in my system and I feel like there are more nuances that appeal to me. I know coffee can be very interesting but I have never studied it enough to appreciate it and I end up adding milk and sugar to make it more appealing.

But coffee is hard (impossible for me) to resist in the AM.
 
I am certainly not a tea conniseaur by any means. Usually just the bog standard tea. But I do enjoy tea more lately and have been inspired by @Taesik Yun recent tea excursion with photos. I shall send him my tea bill if it goes the way of my oud bills....😇
Yes, those photos by Taesik also made me want to explore some more! The combination of tea, incense, and oud looked so serene that I had to see what the fuss was about. A hobby that seems never ending with all the teas, regions, and pots to learn about.
 
💯 finding myself falling deeper with every sample I try of pu. As a westerner you’re so rarely exposed to it. Glad I’ve been able to find it alongside oud
really recommend the documentary "all in this tea" about david lee hoffman, an artisinal/natural tea maniac who singlehandedly (more or less) introduced high-quality pu'erh to the states. he dug out a hillside in northern CA to stash prob millions worth of cakes. fascinating guy & the doc gives some interesting context w/r/t contemporary tea production
 
Will be in interested to list some good link or adress to get premium tea ( gyokuro , sencha , pur eh ) or premium coffee like Jamaican or Panama geisha
I am big fan of this premium rare things as for oud
 
Definitely tea, I tend to drink young Bulang/Menghai Sheng Puer or Gongmei most of the time, but if I had the money for it I would go for Xingrenxiang Fenghuang Dancong much more often, unfortunately, it tends to cost $15+ a session at 15g/100ml for Guangdong style brewing. Other than that I've been on a Chongshicha tear lately; Liquid Proust tends to get some extraordinarily cool ones, sipping a 1940s right now while I warm some wild Sumatran wood. During the winter, my tastes tend to shift towards Wuyi Yancha like Tielouhan and Su Xin Lan. Recently I have been experimenting with brewing chunks of aloeswood in with my tea, it adds a cooling and spicy attribute that is quite fascinating.
 
Definitely tea, I tend to drink young Bulang/Menghai Sheng Puer or Gongmei most of the time, but if I had the money for it I would go for Xingrenxiang Fenghuang Dancong much more often, unfortunately, it tends to cost $15+ a session at 15g/100ml for Guangdong style brewing. Other than that I've been on a Chongshicha tear lately; Liquid Proust tends to get some extraordinarily cool ones, sipping a 1940s right now while I warm some wild Sumatran wood. During the winter, my tastes tend to shift towards Wuyi Yancha like Tielouhan and Su Xin Lan. Recently I have been experimenting with brewing chunks of aloeswood in with my tea, it adds a cooling and spicy attribute that is quite fascinating.
Where we can order good puer ?
 
Back
Top