I love tea, seem to enjoy green / grassy oolong teas and would love directions towards any sources of this type of tea at a price (if possible) that allows for daily brewing.

I once had a batch of a tung ting or Congealed Summit. Dark green tightly rolled leaves. it had nice fresh grassy notes, sweet taste, light floral aspect if i recall. It has been a long time.

Another that I enjoyed was sold as “Wenshan Baozhong”. Not grassy but a delicious brew with interesting aroma.

I got both of these at a tea shop in Portland.
 
I love tea, seem to enjoy green / grassy oolong teas and would love directions towards any sources of this type of tea at a price (if possible) that allows for daily brewing.

I once had a batch of a tung ting or Congealed Summit. Dark green tightly rolled leaves. it had nice fresh grassy notes, sweet taste, light floral aspect if i recall. It has been a long time.

Another that I enjoyed was sold as “Wenshan Baozhong”. Not grassy but a delicious brew with interesting aroma.

I got both of these at a tea shop in Portland.
What price would you consider to be ok for daily brewing? The best teas I've tried that weren't too expensive were from Mei Leaf. Compared to the tea I bought from a local tea shop in Minnesota, the quality was not even close. Mei leaf was so much better at multiple price points.

I really like Sencha tea personally. Kabuse seakari from Mei Leaf is pretty good, but at 40 cents per gram maybe it's too expensive. If I were you I would just get a bunch of samplers and see what you like. In my opinion the 'green tea headliners' sampler from Mei leaf is not the best, but he has lots of other samples on his website that allow you to brew just a gaiwan or two.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! Maunamoku has some oolong that looks great - will start there!

As for price, it has been so long since my oolong obsession days that I don’t recall exactly what I was paying for decent tea. I think about $10 per ounce felt like a small luxury but gave enough brews to enjoy regularly.
 
Thanks for the tips! Maunamoku has some oolong that looks great - will start there!

As for price, it has been so long since my oolong obsession days that I don’t recall exactly what I was paying for decent tea. I think about $10 per ounce felt like a small luxury but gave enough brews to enjoy regularly.
How much tea do you have stored away ? I recently discovered I have a few pressed cakes I’ve never opened ( few kg’s) and sealed bags of oolong loose leaf I was gifted years ago, As well as a few Chinese greens. I was going to buy tea but turns out the sealed teas stay really good and taste great and I have way more than I probably need for the next few years ! I think I buy a few tea trees and start working on my next tea stash for when this one runs out .
 
I had a tea shrub growing when I lived in Oregon. Just kind of messed around and dried it my own way. It was delicious enough for me. I have zero tea stashed away unfortunately…
 
What do you prefer Tea or Coffee or both?

A swipe of a Hindi Oil with a nicely brewed cup of tea or coffee is sublime.

Especially with this hotter and sunnier weather we have been getting in the UK.

Favourites
Tea - Assam
Coffee - Jamaican Blue mountain coffee
ceremonial grade cacao!!! high in anandamide! crazy gorgeous stuff!!! add some kinam in it!! out of this world!
 
Where do you get yours from, and how do you prepare it?
I get mines from a close friend https://bio.site/annapapadakis she has very high grade. I like drinking 1/2 dose raw and 1/2 dose cooked in a cup of water before a meal. i dont really drink it to enjoy the taste although sometimes i make milk chocolate out of it and consume as a chocolate. but i drink it for the happy effects it gives
 
I get mines from a close friend https://bio.site/annapapadakis she has very high grade. I like drinking 1/2 dose raw and 1/2 dose cooked in a cup of water before a meal. i dont really drink it to enjoy the taste although sometimes i make milk chocolate out of it and consume as a chocolate. but i drink it for the happy effects it gives
Okay I will trust your opinion and get some from her then.

What is the difference between raw and cooked? What do you mean by cooked anyways? For example, if I pour boiling water into cacao, is it then cooked? What about 70 degree Celsius water? Or does it need to be cooked longer?
 
I get mines from a close friend https://bio.site/annapapadakis she has very high grade. I like drinking 1/2 dose raw and 1/2 dose cooked in a cup of water before a meal. i dont really drink it to enjoy the taste although sometimes i make milk chocolate out of it and consume as a chocolate. but i drink it for the happy effects it gives
She has two sizes: “small” and “large”.

Do you know how much cacao each one contains?
 
Okay I will trust your opinion and get some from her then.

What is the difference between raw and cooked? What do you mean by cooked anyways? For example, if I pour boiling water into cacao, is it then cooked? What about 70 degree Celsius water? Or does it need to be cooked longer?
i am pretty sure that with heat a lot of the constituents change a bit some become more potent some less but i think there is a more synergy effect. i dont remember how much is in each, i think 1kg-500g? i will check when i get home. she brings it to me in greece so i dont order from the website so i dont remember how much is in it
 
i am pretty sure that with heat a lot of the constituents change a bit some become more potent some less but i think there is a more synergy effect. i dont remember how much is in each, i think 1kg-500g? i will check when i get home. she brings it to me in greece so i dont order from the website so i dont remember how much is in it
Okay thanks.

Generally I have heard that cooking cacao makes it less healthy, but maybe there’s a benefit too. It made me stay away from one company because they roast their cacao. I think it was Kieth’s.

How do you go about cooking it yourself?
 
Okay thanks.

Generally I have heard that cooking cacao makes it less healthy, but maybe there’s a benefit too. It made me stay away from one company because they roast their cacao. I think it was Kieth’s.

How do you go about cooking it yourself?
i just boil water and then add the cacao, stir it add a tiny bit of lemon balm tea like 1/3 teaspoon, a bit of cayenne pepper and when its ready to drink and not burning hot i add the raw cacao.

cocoavia.com also has fire cacao! not as ceremonial grade but def nice clean stuff
 
i just boil water and then add the cacao, stir it add a tiny bit of lemon balm tea like 1/3 teaspoon, a bit of cayenne pepper and when its ready to drink and not burning hot i add the raw cacao.

cocoavia.com also has fire cacao! not as ceremonial grade but def nice clean stuff
Okay thanks. What is the purpose of lemon balm?
 
Yea bro, just like they discovered America lmao by the way Christopher Columbus lived on my island I been to his crib lol
You're preaching to the Choir man. the only place in America that Columbus stepped foot was on my Island, Santa Cruz, which he named in 1493. I am fully aware of what he and other Spaniards, Europeans did to Native peoples around the world in their glory days of colonization. Yes, my meaning, which should've been clarified, discovered for the Europeans.
 
Back
Top