Pictures from my first and most elaborate ceremonial tea session with a very generous host, and a friend.

IMG_4436.jpeg
[Ouddict.com] Tea or Coffee
 
I’ve recently started drinking tea more often ,
Really enjoying it and reducing my coffee consumption. Switching one source of this drug for another, Just another natural drug !!!
Funny how some white powdered substances are considered drugs while others are not.
Caffeine, sugar , active ingredient in almost everything, it’s all a drug. Just depends on how you look at it I guess . Caffeine is more addictive than some , less than others. Totally not allowed in some religions and looked at like alcohol. Ever seen a child on caffeine??? First time eating sugar ?
My children weren’t allowed sugar until they were 5 and we totally limit it now. It’s most humans first addiction
I my reasoning thinks it's based on the intensity of the effect on humans. If the effects are big or intense over a very short period of time, its drugs else Coffee/Tea 😅
 
I
I my reasoning thinks it's based on the intensity of the effect on humans. If the effects are big or intense over a very short period of time, its drugs else Coffee/Tea 😅
Its only mild effects if you are used to it.
first time coffee drinker wouldn’t be able to sit still after 1 good cup!! Headaches as a withdrawal are no fun . most drugs loose the immediate impact effects after repeated use.
I don’t eat refined sugar very often and when I do it’s horrible! Sugar rush of energy then a crash that makes me feel drowsy and exhausted most often making me need rest or a nap . It’s tolerance to the drug that reduces its affects. Sugar consumption is crazy when you look at the statistics around the world !!! Caffeine too!! Nobody thinks it’s a problem.
 
I’ve recently started drinking tea more often ,
Really enjoying it and reducing my coffee consumption. Switching one source of this drug for another, Just another natural drug !!!
Funny how some white powdered substances are considered drugs while others are not.
Caffeine, sugar , active ingredient in almost everything, it’s all a drug. Just depends on how you look at it I guess . Caffeine is more addictive than some , less than others. Totally not allowed in some religions and looked at like alcohol. Ever seen a child on caffeine??? First time eating sugar ?
My children weren’t allowed sugar until they were 5 and we totally limit it now. It’s most humans first addiction
lol sugar's 100000000000% not a drug
and caffeine... yea I don't touch that. It's a neurotoxin. Everyone in my work hammers coffee all day long.
 
I’ve recently started drinking tea more often ,
Really enjoying it and reducing my coffee consumption. Switching one source of this drug for another, Just another natural drug !!!
Funny how some white powdered substances are considered drugs while others are not.
Caffeine, sugar , active ingredient in almost everything, it’s all a drug. Just depends on how you look at it I guess . Caffeine is more addictive than some , less than others. Totally not allowed in some religions and looked at like alcohol. Ever seen a child on caffeine??? First time eating sugar ?
My children weren’t allowed sugar until they were 5 and we totally limit it now. It’s most humans first addiction
I think this is a very wise way to raise children. Kids are developing tastes when they are young. For people who never eat sugar, they need to get used to very sugary things, otherwise they don’t enjoy it. Those people often get the same enjoyment from barely sweet things.

Sugar isn’t exactly a drug because it’s also food. Maybe you could use a loose definition and call it a drug, but I don’t think that makes a lot of sense. Everyone will “use” sugar. The difference is in the amount.
 
For me it’s usually coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. Sometimes I will drink tea in the morning if I have the time to sit down and prepare/drink a few gaiwan in series, but I don’t have time during the weekday mornings to do that.
 
lol sugar's not a drug
My daughter is researching places to go to college and was asking me deep questions about the laws and customs in Utah. She couldn’t understand why they frown on coffee and tea so I had to explain the truth, that everyone looks at things differently for their own reasons based on the need to guide the people in what they see as the most positive direction and that’s definitely different everywhere you go.
She said that assumes people can’t control themselves and need to be told what to do !!
I said yes sweetheart they are called laws they are everywhere
 
For me it’s usually coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. Sometimes I will drink tea in the morning if I have the time to sit down and prepare/drink a few gaiwan in series, but I don’t have time during the weekday mornings to do that.
We teach the kids that sugar isn’t food, it a food additive. Not a common item in the kitchen 100 years ago unless super wealthy.
It’s amazing how little you need it but how badly we crave it . I like honey in my tea from up the streeT bees
I remember trying to explain to my 5 year old what candy was on Halloween night , she didn’t even like it when she finally got to try.
She’s 12,now and fully addicted but knows self restraint
 
We teach the kids that sugar isn’t food, it a food additive. Not a common item in the kitchen 100 years ago unless super wealthy.
It’s amazing how little you need it but how badly we crave it . I like honey in my tea from up the streeT bees
I remember trying to explain to my 5 year old what candy was on Halloween night , she didn’t even like it when she finally got to try.
She’s 12,now and fully addicted but knows self restraint
Honey from bees has the same value as a drug, food, and food additive that sugar has. That’s because it IS sugar. Same with fruit and even bread/grains sort of have the same value in those domains. Those have been common ingredients in the kitchen for thousands or millions of years. Sugar is naturally in the human diet, and everyone has eaten it at some point, or converted something else into it at the very least.

Food additives are usually good themselves, especially something like sugar. Sugar acts as a good, and if you have sugar you can live for a while without any other food to eat. If you were starved for a month then you would die, but if you were given a months supply of sugar to eat, you would survive, because it’s food.

The exceptions would be drugs and preservatives and things like that. Caffeine or thc/cbd isolates are not food, but they can be added to food for an effect. Preservatives are not good, they are just there to keep the food ready to eat. Sugar has nutritional value on its own.
 
Honey from bees has the same value as a drug, food, and food additive that sugar has. That’s because it IS sugar. Same with fruit and even bread/grains sort of have the same value in those domains. Those have been common ingredients in the kitchen for thousands or millions of years. Sugar is naturally in the human diet, and everyone has eaten it at some point, or converted something else into it at the very least.

Food additives are usually good themselves, especially something like sugar. Sugar acts as a good, and if you have sugar you can live for a while without any other food to eat. If you were starved for a month then you would die, but if you were given a months supply of sugar to eat, you would survive, because it’s food.

The exceptions would be drugs and preservatives and things like that. Caffeine or thc/cbd isolates are not food, but they can be added to food for an effect. Preservatives are not good, they are just there to keep the food ready to eat. Sugar has nutritional value on its own.
Look a little deeper into refined sugar , its relationship to osteoporosis it’s not exactly the same as natural sugar unless you are eating the cane with it or the beet! It’s only the same if you want it to be , but it’s not, it’s refined or concentrated. Honey is naturally concentrated and is probably not the best food source either. Only wealthy people have had access to pure juice, same as today
Sugar is everyone’s first addiction
 
Look a little deeper into refined sugar , its relationship to osteoporosis it’s not exactly the same as natural sugar unless you are eating the cane with it or the beet! It’s only the same if you want it to be , but it’s not, it’s refined or concentrated. Honey is naturally concentrated and is probably not the best food source either. Only wealthy people have had access to pure juice, same as today
Sugar is everyone’s first addiction
I would say food is everyone’s first addiction. I don’t know anyone who can live without it.

If it’s not a drug when it’s naturally diluted then it’s not a drug alone. Caffeine is a drug both when it’s in a cup of coffee and when it’s isolated caffeine powder. Sugar is a good when it’s in fruit and when it’s concentrated.

And yeah basically everyone has had fruit which contains sugar. Even the carbohydrates in vegetables are converted to sugar, which you need to survive. Straight refined sugar can be used as an emergency food source when you have nothing else, and you can survive on it for a long time. It’s undeniably a food.

Honey has some other things in it, but it’s basically just straight sugar. If sugarcane breaks in a storm and leaks juice it will dry into sugar, which is a completely natural process. That is the sugar that you are referring to when you talk about the kind that rich people used to have. That’s just a useless way to talk about it anyways. Sugar is an ingredient and a class of foods and a group of molecules, depending on how you look at it. Most food has some sugar in it, and everyone’s body contains sugar.
 
I was addicted to traditionally brewed Turkish tea& coffee before coming to the States. I clearly remember that I was almost gonna throw up the first cup of Dunkin coffee that I had as it tasted so disgusting. Years passed and now I am drinking filter coffee more than anything else. It is so fascinating to see how our habits/tastes change over the years.
 
Back
Top