No worries it's easy to get stuff mixed up.

Agarwood oil (same thing as oud oil) is traditionally made by distilling pulverized agarwood pieces. There is no raw resin that oozes out - it is all trapped in the pockets / pores of the wood.

Today, CO2 is commonly used to extract an oil from pulverized agarwood as well.

It all comes from processing the wood.
Thanks @Mr.P Thought they were related but differently created!
 
Really happy with this 167 gram Treasure of the Old Forest sculpture. Put it right in the middle of the living room. And the wife loves it.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_1012.webp
    214.5 KB · Views: 99
Really happy with this 167 gram Treasure of the Old Forest sculpture. Put it right in the middle of the living room. And the wife loves it.
That's a beauty! It also doesn't look like it's been pawed over 1000 times which appeals to me. Nice clean natural surface. Congratulations!
 
I've got another .3 on hold of Alamgir 1 from AlHindoud because it's INSANE and I don't know how my life will continue when I eventually run out!! Just kidding..not..lol. Although in saying that, there is a 1 as part of that name so one would assume there will be a 2 at some point in the future?
 
Has anyone tried the oud or sandalwood from santal_and_oud on instagram? They reached out to me, I haven't heard of them before but the way they communicated suggests they are in tune with artisanal/ fine oil production.
 
Has anyone tried the oud or sandalwood from santal_and_oud on instagram? They reached out to me, I haven't heard of them before but the way they communicated suggests they are in tune with artisanal/ fine oil production.
Yes, I have some information about these guys. They are artisanal sandalwood distillers, and their oils typically show a santalol percentage ranging between 69% to 74%. My only concern is that based on what I’ve studied, pure sandalwood oil should ideally have a santalol percentage above 90%.

For comparison, I purchased Mysore sandalwood oil from sabdulsamiperfumers (a traditional distiller), and the GC-MS report shows a santalol content of 91%. Maybe this percentage difference is simply the gap between traditional and artisanal methods of distillation.
 
Got a few bits
ASO Rakheem
ASO Modhesh
ASO Sumuw

Al Hashimi meroke thaqeel
Al Hashimi Ceen X

Had my eye on a few others but I thought let me chill for a bit haha
Any thoughts on these are more than welcome!
I'd like to know your thoughts on Ceen X. I picked it up recently and was a little underwhelmed. It's super thick but doesn't perform too well. I'm waiting for the weather to change or just my nose to take a break from it. I like it but I was hoping for a little more medicinal notes up top.
 
I'd like to know your thoughts on Ceen X. I picked it up recently and was a little underwhelmed. It's super thick but doesn't perform too well. I'm waiting for the weather to change or just my nose to take a break from it. I like it but I was hoping for a little more medicinal notes up top.
That's a shame. Yeah I'll post here when it arrives
 
Top