For reals this time. Today I await delivery of a crate load of extraction gear and other goodies. I thought it was arriving last week but that was just getting it delivered to the dock of the local trucking service (that will bring it over today). Somehow it's still cold and windy and rainy here so not the worst day to be waiting for a delivery.
 
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!



Just got this pendent necklace delivered yesterday, excited to have finally receive it and start wearing it.

It's made from cultivated HK wood plus obsidian and the smell is still rather nice, for the price, I am happy with the smell initially.
 
View attachment 47365


Just got this pendent necklace delivered yesterday, excited to have finally receive it and start wearing it.

It's made from cultivated HK wood plus obsidian and the smell is still rather nice, for the price, I am happy with the smell initially.
That looks great
 
For reals this time. Today I await delivery of a crate load of extraction gear and other goodies. I thought it was arriving last week but that was just getting it delivered to the dock of the local trucking service (that will bring it over today). Somehow it's still cold and windy and rainy here so not the worst day to be waiting for a delivery.
"The truck broke down". They're going to try again Wednesday.
 
Actually I just double checked and what I got was Ceen Nam which is no longer available! Hope ceen x is great! Still looking forward to your thoughts.
Ceen X just arrived.

Just got to say. Wow. Unlike any oud I've smelt before.
Consistency, very thick. Colour, dark.
Opening was a woody, medicinal. Reading their description, I do get the propolis honey vibe.
While drying down, picked up some kinamic scents but then turns into a cherry tobacco cigar, fresh out the pack, and some honey.
I quite like it, longevity isn't the longest, around about 2 hours on my skin, and it does make you wish it lasted longer, but I think it makes it up with a very interesting and special scent profile.
Solid oil
 
Rather than share my inbounds, please allow me to regale you with tales of horrible shipping luck I've experienced recently. After all, misery loves company! 😁

First, a few months ago I traded a Lost Tribe perfume for a Jinx perfume with a fellow Ouddict member located a mere 250 miles away in New York. My perfume made it to his place without issue. The perfume he sent, however, got lost in Pennsylvania, was then mistakenly transported to Kentucky, and then seemingly disappeared for about a month until we filed a claim, forcing them to track down the package. I ended up receiving the Jinx bottle, but months later and with countless hours spent conversing with customer service agents.

Second, about a month ago, I took advantage of Bortnikoff's anniversay sale in which I purchased two bottles of perfume and was thus gifted a third for free. Bortnikoff shipped my package about a week late due to regional holidays in Thailand, and I watched FedEx transport it from Bangkok to Singapore, Singapore to Anchorage, and then it sat at Anchorage for nearly THREE WEEKS before I could get a response as to why it was being held in customs. Apparently, my package was confiscated by customs, returned to the sender, and I received a strongly worded letter from US Fish & Wildlife demanding that I stop trying to import illegal animal products. Bortnikoff then waited another week or so to resend a new shipment (this time with new labels and product information) and guess where it's headed as we speak... ANCHORAGE. I'm praying for better luck this time.

Third, I ordered a bottle of Jinx's now sold-out Honeysuckle Chadō from Vivace.shop last weekend. It was sent out yesterday via DHL, so I signed up for shipping notifications. In the middle of last night, I received a text notifying me that my shipment had been denied in Dubai and was being returned to the shipper... OH DEAR GOD, NOT AGAIN! So I pinged Vivace, and asked what the deal was. They didn't specify what exactly had occurred, but only vaguely referenced Dubai having recently changed their shipping rules without notice. Further, the perfume was sold-out, so they will have to wait until they get the package back from authorities and will then proceed to ship it via an alternative company. Who knows when I'll finally get this... Perhaps a month?

Apparently I have disrupted the balance of the universe somehow, and have thus been cursed with diabolically bad shipping luck. May the the swift winds bring you fragrant scents with haste, dear gentlemen!
 
Last edited:
Rather than share my inbounds, please allow me to regale you with tales of horrible shipping luck I've experienced recently. After all, misery loves company! 😁

First, a few months ago I traded a Lost Tribe perfume for a Jinx perfume with a fellow Ouddict member located a mere 250 miles away in New York. My perfume made it to his place without issue. The perfume he sent, however, got lost in Pennsylvania, was then mistakenly transported to Kentucky, and then seemingly disappeared for about a month until we filed a claim, forcing them to track down the package. I ended up receiving the Jinx bottle, but months later and with countless hours spent conversing with customer service agents.

Second, about a month ago, I took advantage of Bortnikoff's anniversay sale in which I purchased two bottles of perfume and was thus gifted a third for free. Bortnikoff shipped my package about a week late due to regional holidays in Thailand, and I watched FedEx transport it from Bangkok to Singapore, Singapore to Anchorage, and then it sat at Anchorage for nearly THREE WEEKS before I could get a response as to why it was being held in customs. Apparently, my package was confiscated by customs, returned to the sender, and I received a strongly worded letter from US Fish & Wildlife demanding that I stop trying to import illegal animal products. Bortnikoff then waited another week or so to resend a new shipment (this time with new labels and product information) and guess where it's headed as we speak... ANCHORAGE. I'm praying for better luck this time.

Third, I ordered a bottle of Jinx's now sold-out Honeysuckle Chadō from Vivace.shop last weekend. It was sent out yesterday via DHL, so I signed up for shipping notifications. In the middle of last night, I received a text notifying me that my shipment had been denied in Dubai and was being returned to the shipper... OH DEAR GOD, NOT AGAIN! So I pinged Vivace, and asked what the deal was. They didn't specify what exactly had occurred, but only vaguely referenced Dubai having recently changed their shipping rules without notice. Further, the perfume was sold-out, so they will have to wait until they get the package back from authorities and will then proceed to ship it via an alternative company. Who knows when I'll finally get this... Perhaps a month?

Apparently I have disrupted the balance of the universe somehow, and have thus been cursed with diabolically bad shipping luck. May the the swift winds bring you fragrant scents with haste, dear gentlemen!
I seem to have been guilty of the same crime. This is my third day at home under the impression that I am here to receive the same freight delivery. A set of samples sent to Ohio on June 2 has been averaging under 6 miles per day, having traveled only about 48 miles in the past 9 days. A set sent from NY to Germany first traveled 3000 miles by ground to San Fran. Then to LA. Then to a small town. Then back to LA. Then flown 3000 miles back to NY. Then flown to Germany. So you are definitely not alone.
 
From @YusaAromatics
I can stop anytime.
I’m in control.
This is my last purchase for a while.

Repeat this mantra
It’s the discounts that reel ya in 🤣 Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the Owari when you get it.
Rather than share my inbounds, please allow me to regale you with tales of horrible shipping luck I've experienced recently. After all, misery loves company! 😁

First, a few months ago I traded a Lost Tribe perfume for a Jinx perfume with a fellow Ouddict member located a mere 250 miles away in New York. My perfume made it to his place without issue. The perfume he sent, however, got lost in Pennsylvania, was then mistakenly transported to Kentucky, and then seemingly disappeared for about a month until we filed a claim, forcing them to track down the package. I ended up receiving the Jinx bottle, but months later and with countless hours spent conversing with customer service agents.

Second, about a month ago, I took advantage of Bortnikoff's anniversay sale in which I purchased two bottles of perfume and was thus gifted a third for free. Bortnikoff shipped my package about a week late due to regional holidays in Thailand, and I watched FedEx transport it from Bangkok to Singapore, Singapore to Anchorage, and then it sat at Anchorage for nearly THREE WEEKS before I could get a response as to why it was being held in customs. Apparently, my package was confiscated by customs, returned to the sender, and I received a strongly worded letter from US Fish & Wildlife demanding that I stop trying to import illegal animal products. Bortnikoff then waited another week or so to resend a new shipment (this time with new labels and product information) and guess where it's headed as we speak... ANCHORAGE. I'm praying for better luck this time.

Third, I ordered a bottle of Jinx's now sold-out Honeysuckle Chadō from Vivace.shop last weekend. It was sent out yesterday via DHL, so I signed up for shipping notifications. In the middle of last night, I received a text notifying me that my shipment had been denied in Dubai and was being returned to the shipper... OH DEAR GOD, NOT AGAIN! So I pinged Vivace, and asked what the deal was. They didn't specify what exactly had occurred, but only vaguely referenced Dubai having recently changed their shipping rules without notice. Further, the perfume was sold-out, so they will have to wait until they get the package back from authorities and will then proceed to ship it via an alternative company. Who knows when I'll finally get this... Perhaps a month?

Apparently I have disrupted the balance of the universe somehow, and have thus been cursed with diabolically bad shipping luck. May the the swift winds bring you fragrant scents with haste, dear gentlemen!
You need offer a sacrifice of postage stamps and ink pads to the shipping deities so they will once again look favourably upon thee.
 
The simple facts are, that what we are experiencing regarding shipping is a reflection of the huge changed way world wide trade has changed since the covid pandemic.
Before covid, quite a lot of people never bought online for anything. Those that did were repeat buyers. But a huge amount of people never bought anything online. Hard to imagine but pre 2019 that's the way it was.
Today a huge amount of people now only shop online for all there needs. A huge volume is just small ticket items (parcel size). These trades just weren't there precovid times. Throw in Eu law changes regarding parcels outside of Europe and the general scramble by all in sundries to get lost revenues back, il still amazed any parcels finds me...🫣
I have no idea how the system even still copes. A local shipping guy says they have doubled staff and vans since covid and are going to expand the same again. It's just endless what now travels through shipping/post.
Keep the faith everybody....
 
The simple facts are, that what we are experiencing regarding shipping is a reflection of the huge changed way world wide trade has changed since the covid pandemic.
Before covid, quite a lot of people never bought online for anything. Those that did were repeat buyers. But a huge amount of people never bought anything online. Hard to imagine but pre 2019 that's the way it was.
Today a huge amount of people now only shop online for all there needs. A huge volume is just small ticket items (parcel size). These trades just weren't there precovid times. Throw in Eu law changes regarding parcels outside of Europe and the general scramble by all in sundries to get lost revenues back, il still amazed any parcels finds me...🫣
I have no idea how the system even still copes. A local shipping guy says they have doubled staff and vans since covid and are going to expand the same again. It's just endless what now travels through shipping/post.
Keep the faith everybody....
Ireland is legendary for postal prowess - I remember my time living there fondly. Exhibit A: I turn up to An Post in Maynooth and your man says ‘I can’t find it now, but it’ll turn up - sure I’ll drive up to yours drop it off later.’ Exhibit B: being able to deliver letters addressed only to “your man Kennedy with the glasses in Buncrana”. 😄
 
Rather than share my inbounds, please allow me to regale you with tales of horrible shipping luck I've experienced recently. After all, misery loves company! 😁

First, a few months ago I traded a Lost Tribe perfume for a Jinx perfume with a fellow Ouddict member located a mere 250 miles away in New York. My perfume made it to his place without issue. The perfume he sent, however, got lost in Pennsylvania, was then mistakenly transported to Kentucky, and then seemingly disappeared for about a month until we filed a claim, forcing them to track down the package. I ended up receiving the Jinx bottle, but months later and with countless hours spent conversing with customer service agents.

Second, about a month ago, I took advantage of Bortnikoff's anniversay sale in which I purchased two bottles of perfume and was thus gifted a third for free. Bortnikoff shipped my package about a week late due to regional holidays in Thailand, and I watched FedEx transport it from Bangkok to Singapore, Singapore to Anchorage, and then it sat at Anchorage for nearly THREE WEEKS before I could get a response as to why it was being held in customs. Apparently, my package was confiscated by customs, returned to the sender, and I received a strongly worded letter from US Fish & Wildlife demanding that I stop trying to import illegal animal products. Bortnikoff then waited another week or so to resend a new shipment (this time with new labels and product information) and guess where it's headed as we speak... ANCHORAGE. I'm praying for better luck this time.

Third, I ordered a bottle of Jinx's now sold-out Honeysuckle Chadō from Vivace.shop last weekend. It was sent out yesterday via DHL, so I signed up for shipping notifications. In the middle of last night, I received a text notifying me that my shipment had been denied in Dubai and was being returned to the shipper... OH DEAR GOD, NOT AGAIN! So I pinged Vivace, and asked what the deal was. They didn't specify what exactly had occurred, but only vaguely referenced Dubai having recently changed their shipping rules without notice. Further, the perfume was sold-out, so they will have to wait until they get the package back from authorities and will then proceed to ship it via an alternative company. Who knows when I'll finally get this... Perhaps a month?

Apparently I have disrupted the balance of the universe somehow, and have thus been cursed with diabolically bad shipping luck. May the the swift winds bring you fragrant scents with haste, dear gentlemen!
An update on the Bortnikoff (re)shipment after the first was confiscated and sent back to Thailand: I have been communicating with Bortnikoff via their WhatsApp number (BTW, who runs the communication over there? Dmitry himself? Or am I speaking with some random Thai employee?) and they informed me that this second shipment has yet again been held up at customs in Anchorage Alaska after US Fish & Wildlife decided to do a review of the contents. Whomever I'm chatting with at Bortnikoff has assured me that the updated safety data sheets should allow it to pass through, but I am not hopeful considering it's been sitting in customs for over three days now...

Anyway, I'm getting quite frustrated at this point. It's been nearly two months since I placed this order worth multiple hundreds of dollars and I have yet to see anything on my end. I don't know why Bortnikoff insisted on shipping with FedEx again, basically ensuring that it went through the very strict Anchorage checkpoint. The US doesn't even have a bad relationship with Thailand and the intermediary shipping countries... and yet I'm capable of getting shipments from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Pakistan, in mere days and without a single hitch.

Bortnikoff needs to switch to DHL or something because this is an unworkable business model when you can't get even a single shipment into the US East Coast from a friendly Asian country. If this package gets confiscated again, I'm going to request that they either source my items from a US based vendor (e.g. LuckyScent) or give me a full and immediate refund. Ridiculous.
 
Top