An update on the Bortnikoff (re)shipment after the first was confiscated and sent back to Thailand: I have been communicating with Bortnikoff via their WhatsApp number (BTW, who runs the communication over there? Dmitry himself? Or am I speaking with some random Thai employee?) and they informed me that this second shipment has yet again been held up at customs in Anchorage Alaska after US Fish & Wildlife decided to do a review of the contents. Whomever I'm chatting with at Bortnikoff has assured me that the updated safety data sheets should allow it to pass through, but I am not hopeful considering it's been sitting in customs for over three days now...

Anyway, I'm getting quite frustrated at this point. It's been nearly two months since I placed this order worth multiple hundreds of dollars and I have yet to see anything on my end. I don't know why Bortnikoff insisted on shipping with FedEx again, basically ensuring that it went through the very strict Anchorage checkpoint. The US doesn't even have a bad relationship with Thailand and the intermediary shipping countries... and yet I'm capable of getting shipments from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Pakistan, in mere days and without a single hitch.

Bortnikoff needs to switch to DHL or something because this is an unworkable business model when you can't get even a single shipment into the US East Coast from a friendly Asian country. If this package gets confiscated again, I'm going to request that they either source my items from a US based vendor (e.g. LuckyScent) or give me a full and immediate refund. Ridiculous.
I had a FedEx shipment held up in Anchorage not long ago too. They needed some sort of declaration form that what I was importing was above board.

I ended up having to call and talk to someone, but it eventually made it through.

I didn't know at the time that the vendor had included an undeclared sample of a musk maceration. They never opened the package, so I'm guessing a dog hit on it or something. It was a weird experience
 
Inbound:

GUL HINA EAU DE PARFUM 48ML - AREEJ LE DORE
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_1122.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 76
I had a FedEx shipment held up in Anchorage not long ago too. They needed some sort of declaration form that what I was importing was above board.

I ended up having to call and talk to someone, but it eventually made it through.

I didn't know at the time that the vendor had included an undeclared sample of a musk maceration. They never opened the package, so I'm guessing a dog hit on it or something. It was a weird experience
I don’t think it is about musk ,as these dogs are mostly trained for narcotics .
It is like bingo,they are choosing some packages randomly
 
I don’t think it is about musk ,as these dogs are mostly trained for narcotics .
It is like bingo,they are choosing some packages randomly
I wonder if they x-rayed it and saw that there are more bottles then were listed on the manifest?
 
I wonder if they x-rayed it and saw that there are more bottles then were listed on the manifest?
İ dont think
İ dont know how is general
But till that time i never received a fully listed cargo
Like 1 bottle x 2 bottles y
All were like “Essential oil” x grams
 
İ dont think
İ dont know how is general
But till that time i never received a fully listed cargo
Like 1 bottle x 2 bottles y
All were like “Essential oil” x grams
US customs requires that each item in the package be individually listed and described (based on my recent experience shipping some samples overseas). No idea if that is a factor in this case.
 
I should be receiving some distilled oil of cultivated kinam today. I know this does not seem exotic to those who have cut their teeth in this era of online artisanal agarwood, but in the context of the last 35 years the fact that I can even say the sentence "I should be receiving some distilled oil of cultivated kinam today" seems like a miracle.

Smelling the very high end artisanal stuff is gob smacking - I have mentioned many times how when I was younger I just assumed that would never be something that I would experience. Everyone of these fine artisanal oils is like a "Holy Grail" oil, thanks to that early conditioning.

For me another holy grail of oud has been the possibility of a 100% pure cultivated oud that could be delivered with consistency, produced sustainably without chemical induction, with a lack of multiple middlemen, with disclosure of methods by the producer, and a reasonably good aroma. Another thing that I figured would never be generally available so I am super grateful for the CK phenomenon. not comparing it to wild stuff and it took me a long time to find a CK that I really liked. Many more I have sampled have been rejects: dull, fuzzy, muted, weak, odd salivary notes, cloying pungent notes, no info on methods, etc.

It's funny though because I am just as excited about this ordinary "common" oud as I am about anything else. Has its place!
 
Hello All
Here is my inbounds
Sinking Madura Sandalwood Chips
5
Hainan Cultivated White Kinam Oud Wood Chips
1
Indian sandalwood oil (Santalum Album)
1
Bargain Box Hindi Agarwood
5
2024 Wild Bengal Ruh Khus Vetiver
1
2009 Vintage Wild Ruh Khus Indian Vetiver
1
2021 Pure Dark Indonesian Patchouli Essential Oil
3
 
Top