Good luck - always good to broaden the horizons, risky though it is!
They won't break the bank if they're crappy. The description reads in such a way that I believe the seller knows what they're talking about. Brunei sticks generally command a pretty high price. I'm not fussed either way.
 
New shop, two ratings. Which isn’t a criticism at all. But I’ve made that mistake on Amazon before. 😬
Yep, as I said they won't break the bank if they're no good. Everyone has to start somewhere. I almost feel these days that a new shop with only a few reviews is actually more positive than a new shop with 1000+ reviews. The Brunei sticks are pretty much the only thing that interests me from this particular shop.
 
Yep, as I said they won't break the bank if they're no good. Everyone has to start somewhere. I almost feel these days that a new shop with only a few reviews is actually more positive than a new shop with 1000+ reviews. The Brunei sticks are pretty much the only thing that interests me from this particular shop.

This is how gems are found! For that price, it’s research. Let us know how it turns out, and here’s to finding a diamond in the rough!
 
The deliveries have started to slow down, some. I have 3 Kangiiten orders outstanding, as well as six more bottles of oil from non forum artisans. I also purchased a gram of Siberian and a gram of Mongolian musk grains from @NinjaRobb today and plan on macerating them in something when they get here.

I added sample orders from @Habz786 (oud & sandalwood) as well as a samples of the Haute collection from @Faizal_p today!

IMG_6101.jpeg
 
The deliveries have started to slow down, some. I have 3 Kangiiten orders outstanding, as well as six more bottles of oil from non forum artisans. I also purchased a gram of Siberian and a gram of Mongolian musk grains from @NinjaRobb today and plan on macerating them in something when they get here.

I added sample orders from @Habz786 (oud & sandalwood) as well as a samples of the Haute collection from @Faizal_p today!

View attachment 53004
That piece of wood looks fantastic mate! Did you just make that up yourself?
 
I have a couple ouds otw from an IG vendor called Aura Oud (india), which is likely same quality as price, which is within my humble “beginner friendly” budget: “Makhtoom” an aged assam, and “Sweet Trath” - a, well u know. Out to learn and wear what i can with what i have access to, for right now being what was so adequately put by @Mr.P as the “childhood / children's art” levels of oud. I infact have a childhood art hanging in my home that i also enjoy daily. Also looking forward to a few more TRNP decants that are a bit more oud focused : aguru and garden of pleasures.
 
Just finally have put a long-researched and anxiously-delayed, 'juicy' order with Habzoud @Habz786:
6 oils - 5 Ouds (since I could not decide - how to show a restraint and limit myself) and one Sandal (just to try his Sri Lankan sort) -
Manipur Maliki, Kedah Sultan, Sultan Sulawesi, Ghazal 3, Zammarad 3, and Fawz Sandalwood.
Once all the nerve-wracking process of 'decisions! decisions!' (of the seasonal splurging really) is over, I can relax and move on to what I call the 'dopamined anticipation' - apparently it is always more fun (more dopamine release) to certainly know, what your near-future gifts are - than just wondering about the unknown 😉 That is why the best gifts are those we generously make to ourselves 🙂
 
Last edited:
I've got a variety of samples coming my way, hopefully they get through customs! Last shipment is still sitting in Louisville Kentucky being scanned 2 to 3 times a day! It will be one month on the 20th, I'm not sure if I should give up or if I should still be expecting this thing to arrive. UPS says the fact that it's scanning means it hasn't disappeared.
 
Last edited:
Top