Eagle has landed here! Glad I Redemanifestized phew

A few things from @Faizal_p will be now heading this way soon, and the package from @Habz786 that landed on the west coast has beaten all odds and redeunmanifesterized itself into an “out for delivery” status today! Also, that agarwood roasted tea that @Chip Burns told me about is being delivered today, as well. Going to be an aromatic tea session this evening!
 
UPS continues to be very very busy scanning my package (and millions of others I assume based on how annoyed customs and border enforcement were with UPS when I spoke to them) three or four times a day, but not actually doing anything with it other than that. Been going on for about 14 days now.
I know what you mean. I bought some bakhoor from a store in Texas three weeks ago and UPS has had it out for delivery for the past three days! The store shipped it in two days! And now UPS is saying it’ll arrive tomorrow. But I have three other emails that say the same thing.

HOWEVER, they are MUCH better than USPS, who just doesn’t deliver sometimes, loses packages, and even with photos, won’t refund my costs.

FedEx has been annoying me with phone calls about using them. I wish I could, but can’t afford them and don’t want to take back free CONUS shipping. Perhaps DHL? At least for international deliveries? Thoughts?
 
A few things from @Faizal_p will be now heading this way soon, and the package from @Habz786 that landed on the west coast has beaten all odds and redeunmanifesterized itself into an “out for delivery” status today! Also, that agarwood roasted tea that @Chip Burns told me about is being delivered today, as well. Going to be an aromatic tea session this evening!
Sweet ... got my delivery from Dr. Incense today as well!!

Agarwood Cliff Tea - Bu Zhi Chun (不知春)​

"Processed Agarwood Incense - Processed Cambodia (Oud Version)"​

 
I know what you mean. I bought some bakhoor from a store in Texas three weeks ago and UPS has had it out for delivery for the past three days! The store shipped it in two days! And now UPS is saying it’ll arrive tomorrow. But I have three other emails that say the same thing.

HOWEVER, they are MUCH better than USPS, who just doesn’t deliver sometimes, loses packages, and even with photos, won’t refund my costs.

FedEx has been annoying me with phone calls about using them. I wish I could, but can’t afford them and don’t want to take back free CONUS shipping. Perhaps DHL? At least for international deliveries? Thoughts?
DHL has been awesome ..hands down
FedEx has started mailing me additional bills post delivery claiming additional fees (may have something to do with Donny's tariffs.)
USPS has for the longest time been the source of so much indigestion .... they have left m deliveries at random locations and worse. I try to keep away from them if at all possible. My most recent order from Kantiigen is in limbo at the moment paid for on 1/26/2026 and can't seem to track it. wish they would let us opt for a DHL option. The stuff I purchased from Dr. Incense on 1/31/2026 is sitting in front of me as I type this. (FedEx).
 
DHL has been awesome ..hands down
FedEx has started mailing me additional bills post delivery claiming additional fees (may have something to do with Donny's tariffs.)
USPS has for the longest time been the source of so much indigestion .... they have left m deliveries at random locations and worse. I try to keep away from them if at all possible. My most recent order from Kantiigen is in limbo at the moment paid for on 1/26/2026 and can't seem to track it. wish they would let us opt for a DHL option. The stuff I purchased from Dr. Incense on 1/31/2026 is sitting in front of me as I type this. (FedEx).

My experience to a T, including a Kangiiten purchase on, I believe, the same day which is currently MIA with USPS.

My tea also came with a small Cambodian incense - is this the one you’re referencing?
 
I've been eyeing that tea for months. Have you tried it before?

I was fortunate enough to find out about this stuff about 12 hours before it was released and was able to snag a tin of it. It arrived yesterday and I had a session with it last night (along with the included incense stick). I’m planning to do a full write-up on the tea this morning.

I’m not a great communicator when it comes to sharing notes and reviews on tea, either, but I have been doing that for a lot longer than I’ve been trying to find/articulate aromas in oud, and @Mousse de Chene has encouraged me to keep going, citing the parallels with tea.

Since I’m taking as much information as I can from this place without having the requisite experience to share anything in return, I wanted to take the opportunity to give a full-blown review on this tea for those folks who may not have tried it or have an extensive background in tea. I don’t claim to have such experience, but I’ve enjoyed tea for enough time to feel more confident writing about it than oud!

I would caution that my inexperience with agarwood is probably worth mentioning for the credibility of this review. It seems like a tea where you’d want plenty of experience with both tea and oud to properly review it and I claim neither! But, I’ll get it out there anyways. I’m hoping to have it up in a few more hours once I finish my morning chores!

Spoiler:

Dry leaf

IMG_5982.jpeg


Liquor:

IMG_5980.jpeg


Wet leaves:

IMG_5984.jpeg


Bonus incense shot (found out I can get exponentially more time with it by breaking off a tiny piece and putting it on the sub);

IMG_5979.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to find out about this stuff about 12 hours before it was released and was able to snag a tin of it. It arrived yesterday and I had a session with it last night (along with the included incense stick). I’m planning to do a full write-up on the tea this morning.

I’m not a great communicator when it comes to sharing notes and reviews on tea, either, but I have been doing that for a lot longer than I’ve been trying to find/articulate aromas in oud, and @Mousse de Chene has encouraged me to keep going, citing the parallels with tea.

Since I’m taking as much information as I can from this place without having the requisite experience to share anything in return, I wanted to take the opportunity to give a full-blown review on this tea for those folks who may not have tried it or have an extensive background in tea. I don’t claim to have such experience, but I’ve enjoyed tea for enough time to feel more confident writing about it than oud!

I would caution that my inexperience with agarwood is probably worth mentioning for the credibility of this review. It seems like a tea where you’d want plenty of experience with both tea and oud to properly review it and I claim neither! But, I’ll get it out there anyways. I’m hoping to have it up in a few more hours once I finish my morning chores!

Spoiler:

Dry leaf

View attachment 52883

Liquor:

View attachment 52881

Wet leaves:

View attachment 52884

Bonus incense shot (found out I can get exponentially more time with it by breaking off a tiny piece and putting it on the sub);

View attachment 52882
excellent it's great having you here as part of this community.
 
I was fortunate enough to find out about this stuff about 12 hours before it was released and was able to snag a tin of it. It arrived yesterday and I had a session with it last night (along with the included incense stick). I’m planning to do a full write-up on the tea this morning.

I’m not a great communicator when it comes to sharing notes and reviews on tea, either, but I have been doing that for a lot longer than I’ve been trying to find/articulate aromas in oud, and @Mousse de Chene has encouraged me to keep going, citing the parallels with tea.

Since I’m taking as much information as I can from this place without having the requisite experience to share anything in return, I wanted to take the opportunity to give a full-blown review on this tea for those folks who may not have tried it or have an extensive background in tea. I don’t claim to have such experience, but I’ve enjoyed tea for enough time to feel more confident writing about it than oud!

I would caution that my inexperience with agarwood is probably worth mentioning for the credibility of this review. It seems like a tea where you’d want plenty of experience with both tea and oud to properly review it and I claim neither! But, I’ll get it out there anyways. I’m hoping to have it up in a few more hours once I finish my morning chores!

Spoiler:

Dry leaf

View attachment 52883

Liquor:

View attachment 52881

Wet leaves:

View attachment 52884

Bonus incense shot (found out I can get exponentially more time with it by breaking off a tiny piece and putting it on the sub);

View attachment 52882
what's the story with this tea?
 
Part of the processing for this style of tea involves roasting it. These folks have done the roasting over agarwood.

I found a link to a blog entry on the subject, there are two of them, here's the first which I just checked out:

agarwood cliff tea
 
I was fortunate enough to find out about this stuff about 12 hours before it was released and was able to snag a tin of it. It arrived yesterday and I had a session with it last night (along with the included incense stick). I’m planning to do a full write-up on the tea this morning.

I’m not a great communicator when it comes to sharing notes and reviews on tea, either, but I have been doing that for a lot longer than I’ve been trying to find/articulate aromas in oud, and @Mousse de Chene has encouraged me to keep going, citing the parallels with tea.

Since I’m taking as much information as I can from this place without having the requisite experience to share anything in return, I wanted to take the opportunity to give a full-blown review on this tea for those folks who may not have tried it or have an extensive background in tea. I don’t claim to have such experience, but I’ve enjoyed tea for enough time to feel more confident writing about it than oud!

I would caution that my inexperience with agarwood is probably worth mentioning for the credibility of this review. It seems like a tea where you’d want plenty of experience with both tea and oud to properly review it and I claim neither! But, I’ll get it out there anyways. I’m hoping to have it up in a few more hours once I finish my morning chores!

Spoiler:

Dry leaf

View attachment 52883

Liquor:

View attachment 52881

Wet leaves:

View attachment 52884

Bonus incense shot (found out I can get exponentially more time with it by breaking off a tiny piece and putting it on the sub);

View attachment 52882
Hmm, I guess my DM to you was redundant--you DO use pics in your posts!
 
I think there may be a thread on the subject... I'll see if I can find it


here's one:

tea and coffee


You could just start a new thread on tea in the reviews section. There's also a "miscellaneous" category under the scent of the day
 
it seems to be in the air - I have something that according to UPS tracking has been going back-and-forth between their warehouse and the customs officials for about 10 days here. UPS has a master class automated phone system that is very effective at making sure it is very hard to find a phone number that will lead directly to a person. I'm not particularly stressed about this it's just part of the reality of the system but always aggravating to some degree when it happens. Fortunately it's extremely rare in my experience that something gets hung up like this. it keeps showing scans at random times but nothing changes otherwise - here's a little section of what the tracking history looks like, it goes on for pages - back to the 20th!
View attachment 52810
UPS hasn’t delivered a package in my neighborhood since the big snow/ice storm 12 days ago. DHL has been amazing, FedEx very good and even USPS pretty good the past week.

I don’t know if it was because of the weather. We got 8” of snow that froze immediately. The state didn’t bother to plow and the county closed the schools.
 
Top