tomorrow*

@Habz786 sampler:

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
it seems to be in the air - I have something that according to UPS tracking has been going back-and-forth between their warehouse and the customs officials for about 10 days here. UPS has a master class automated phone system that is very effective at making sure it is very hard to find a phone number that will lead directly to a person. I'm not particularly stressed about this it's just part of the reality of the system but always aggravating to some degree when it happens. Fortunately it's extremely rare in my experience that something gets hung up like this. it keeps showing scans at random times but nothing changes otherwise - here's a little section of what the tracking history looks like, it goes on for pages - back to the 20th!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
it seems to be in the air - I have something that according to UPS tracking has been going back-and-forth between their warehouse and the customs officials for about 10 days here. UPS has a master class automated phone system that is very effective at making sure it is very hard to find a phone number that will lead directly to a person. I'm not particularly stressed about this it's just part of the reality of the system but always aggravating to some degree when it happens. Fortunately it's extremely rare in my experience that something gets hung up like this. it keeps showing scans at random times but nothing changes otherwise - here's a little section of what the tracking history looks like, it goes on for pages - back to the 20th!
View attachment 52810
try spamming 0 on the IVR menu, it usually defaults you to a live agent for most businesses.

@Oud_Dude DEMANIFESTATION!! It is what it is, more time to devote myself to what I already have
 
Screenshot 2026-02-03 at 3.00.52 PM.png


Ramadan is coming up so got myself a Ramadan-inspired attar from @Al Shareef Oudh : Kawthar. I was blown away by the sample I'd ordered previously. It has a really unique scent profile with that peppermint opening. I found that the description and notes breakdown on vivace were more comprehensive than the official website https://www.vivace.shop/products/al-shareef-oudh-kawthar-attar-2-5ml?_pos=1&_sid=94fb15154&_ss=r.

Also ordered a sample of muschouli, ward, and jumaana. Really wanted to experience for myself what a jasmine attar done right looks like as well as what an only musk + patchouli combination smells like.

As for Ward I wanted to compare it with my recent acquisitions of Ensar Rose from Sultan Pasha, and Ghaliya Sylhet from @Elixir Attar. Ensar Rose to my nose is more complex but I still like Ghaliya Sylhet a lot more it's just a really sweet, creamy, rose with the sylheti oud giving it a lot of depth. The Bulgarian rose also really shines in Ghaliya Sylhet. (Btw I got it through privately messaging Ahmed as I wanted the 1g attar version and not the spray)
 
Last edited:
Been waiting on this one for more than a month and half and @Joe says he sent it. Don’t know what to do.View attachment 52823
Of course I sent it. I was wondering why I haven’t heard from you. I’ll resend your order this week and place a claim against this one.

Privately, I will reconfirm your order to make sure it’s the right one, and will send post-haste.

Joe
 
Of course I sent it. I was wondering why I haven’t heard from you. I’ll resend your order this week and place a claim against this one.

Privately, I will reconfirm your order to make sure it’s the right one, and will send post-haste.

Joe
I am in no way faulting you Joe. I'm sure its the courier who's at fault here. I know all too well how they give the run around.
 

I wish you better luck than mine! I was hoping today would be the day, but it seems like it will not. Got another scan in Memphis…

Coincidentally, I have a second package coming from @Habz786 that landed in San Francisco, not Newark, when it made it to the US and it’s flying through the process. Maybe that side of the country is less-encumbered by the weather backlogs? Regardless, that one could arrive first!
 
I wish you better luck than mine! I was hoping today would be the day, but it seems like it will not. Got another scan in Memphis…

Coincidentally, I have a second package coming from @Habz786 that landed in San Francisco, not Newark, when it made it to the US and it’s flying through the process. Maybe that side of the country is less-encumbered by the weather backlogs? Regardless, that one could arrive first!
I’ve been waiting for over a month from a package from Fraterworks, and I was supposed to get a package from them on Saturday but it’s not coming, so they say, until tomorrow. Soon, weekends will be the only relevant delivery for me as I will return to work.
 
I’ve been waiting for over a month from a package from Fraterworks, and I was supposed to get a package from them on Saturday but it’s not coming, so they say, until tomorrow. Soon, weekends will be the only relevant delivery for me as I will return to work.

Remember when we used to buy things in actual stores and our lives weren’t so predicated on inbound packages?
 
There’s hope, yet! I just got an update saying the package of wood I ordered from @An Agarwood is out for delivery. That one has also had an eventful journey that hopefully ends today!
UPS continues to be very very busy scanning my package (and millions of others I assume based on how annoyed customs and border enforcement were with UPS when I spoke to them) three or four times a day, but not actually doing anything with it other than that. Been going on for about 14 days now.
 
I’ve been waiting for over a month from a package from Fraterworks, and I was supposed to get a package from them on Saturday but it’s not coming, so they say, until tomorrow. Soon, weekends will be the only relevant delivery for me as I will return to work.
There's a distinct possibility you will have a US solution for this soon 🙂
 
Top