we will both get our packages from Newark tomorrow

I hope you have better luck than me! Mine from @Habz786 is still sitting in Newark and I’m in Alaska. I’m thinking I may not see mine until Monday. I’ve got hope the @Al Shareef Oudh package gets here today, but it still hasn’t updated since the plane left 14 hours ago, so it could actually be in the Bermuda Triangle forever, too.
 
I hope you have better luck than me! Mine from @Habz786 is still sitting in Newark and I’m in Alaska. I’m thinking I may not see mine until Monday. I’ve got hope the @Al Shareef Oudh package gets here today, but it still hasn’t updated since the plane left 14 hours ago, so it could actually be in the Bermuda Triangle forever, too.
Mine FINALLY moved to Memphis. I am hoping (with little confidence) for it tomorrow. Despair not, the molasses ARE trickling! I haven't had an exercise in patience like this in quite a while...
 
Mine FINALLY moved to Memphis. I am hoping (with little confidence) for it tomorrow. Despair not, the molasses ARE trickling! I haven't had an exercise in patience like this in quite a while...

It never updated when it got to the state, or anything else, apparently. I just checked again and it now says out for delivery! So the ASO order will be here today and the order from Habzoud departed Newark, as well. Game on!
 
It never updated when it got to the state, or anything else, apparently. I just checked again and it now says out for delivery! So the ASO order will be here today and the order from Habzoud departed Newark, as well. Game on!

We begin!

Today I received a 2.5mL bottle of Muschouli and samples of:

Wild
A’meen
Arakan
Java Arch
Merauke
Siam
Sumuw
Yunnan Emperor

Organic
CKR
Liu Zhi

Attar
Al Ghaliyah II
Ward Attar

And, as I was putting together this list, the doorbell rang and it was my subitism burner from @An Agarwood which updated this morning and said it was 4,000 miles away and then was delivered without another update! It’s gonna be a good day!


IMG_5919.jpeg


And this @Al Shareef Oudh order came with a built-in quiz! Four of the labels had come off of the sample bottles! I think it was because of the cold weather we have, but the Java Arch, Siam, Arakan, and Sumuw labels had all fallen off and were stuck to the sides of the box, so I’ll get to figure those out, individually, as my nose starts to understand these aromas and I can hopefully, eventually, sort them out based on their profiles! I stuck each label back to a bottle, but made a little note so I can revisit the situation later on (and wrote about it, here, for when I lose the little note!).

Maybe you guys can help with one of them - it would have been much easier if they were four distinctly different color oils, but as luck would have it, three of the four are very similar in color. That said, one is clearly a darker oil and I’m hoping you guys or @Al Shareef Oudh csn let me know which of those four oils would be definitively darkest in color and then I think I can rule that one out!

IMG_5921.jpeg


The one I stuck the Java Arch sticker to is the darkest, as you can see. I think the light may be playing some tricks in this picture, though, because the other 3 are exceptionally close in color and tough to discern in hand. If I can at least get the correct sticker on the proper, darkest one, I like my odds figuring the other three out, eventually.
 
Last edited:
We begin! And this @Al Shareef Oudh order came with a built-in quiz! Four of the labels had come off of the sample bottles! I think it was because of the cold weather we have, but the Java Arch, Siam, Arakan, and Sumuw labels had all fallen off and were stuck to the sides of the box, so I’ll get to figure those out, individually, as my nose starts to understand these aromas and I can hopefully, eventually, sort them out based on their profiles! I stuck each label back to a bottle, but made a little note so I can revisit the situation later on (and wrote about it, here, for when I lose the little note!)

Today I received a 2.5mL bottle of Muschouli and samples of:

Wild
A’meen
Arakan
Java Arch
Merauke
Siam
Sumuw
Yunnan Emperor

Organic
CKR
Liu Zhi

Attar
Al Ghaliyah II
Ward Attar

And, as I was putting together this list, the doorbell rang and it was my subitism burner from @An Agarwood which updated this morning and said it was 4,000 miles away and then was delivered without another update! It’s gonna be a good day!

View attachment 52753
That's a whole of fun right there!
 
We begin!

Today I received a 2.5mL bottle of Muschouli and samples of:

Wild
A’meen
Arakan
Java Arch
Merauke
Siam
Sumuw
Yunnan Emperor

Organic
CKR
Liu Zhi

Attar
Al Ghaliyah II
Ward Attar

And, as I was putting together this list, the doorbell rang and it was my subitism burner from @An Agarwood which updated this morning and said it was 4,000 miles away and then was delivered without another update! It’s gonna be a good day!


View attachment 52753

And this @Al Shareef Oudh order came with a built-in quiz! Four of the labels had come off of the sample bottles! I think it was because of the cold weather we have, but the Java Arch, Siam, Arakan, and Sumuw labels had all fallen off and were stuck to the sides of the box, so I’ll get to figure those out, individually, as my nose starts to understand these aromas and I can hopefully, eventually, sort them out based on their profiles! I stuck each label back to a bottle, but made a little note so I can revisit the situation later on (and wrote about it, here, for when I lose the little note!).

Maybe you guys can help with one of them - it would have been much easier if they were four distinctly different color oils, but as luck would have it, three of the four are very similar in color. That said, one is clearly a darker oil and I’m hoping you guys or @Al Shareef Oudh csn let me know which of those four oils would be definitively darkest in color and then I think I can rule that one out!

View attachment 52755
oh man when you are first learning is a tough time to have something show up with four labels not in place! I wonder if members here and ASO can somehow help you get those back on the proper bottles?

Nice bunch of materials to be cutting your teeth on, good luck figuring out which is which! I've noticed that my NIIMBOT labels don't really stick that well... not hard to imagine them popping off under some conditions.
 
oh man when you are first learning is a tough time to have something show up with four labels not in place! I wonder if members here and ASO can somehow help you get those back on the proper bottles?

If not, I’m happy being patient and learning. This is all so new to me, anyways, that I’m kinda already looking at it as a future quiz. There was this Miyagi incident between @Al Shareef Oudh and I, so part of me is looking at the situation as a test from a master. Silly, but a fun way to make light of it since I’m honestly not bothered by it. Hell, I’ll swipe them and enjoy them until they’re gone without ever knowing which is which and still be happy after the way the entire experience has been, so far. I can see how it’d be problematic for some, but I’m actually welcoming the little hiccup as a challenge!
 
If not, I’m happy being patient and learning. This is all so new to me, anyways, that I’m kinda already looking at it as a future quiz. There was this Miyagi incident between @Al Shareef Oudh and I, so part of me is looking at the situation as a test from a master. Silly, but a fun way to make light of it since I’m honestly not bothered by it. Hell, I’ll swipe them and enjoy them until they’re gone without ever knowing which is which and still be happy after the way the entire experience has been, so far. I can see how it’d be problematic for some, but I’m actually welcoming the little hiccup as a challenge!
i'll bet you can sort it out. You've got some distinct differences in color, as long as they have some describable difference in aroma shouldn't be too hard to get them sorted.
 
i'll bet you can sort it out. You've got some distinct differences in color, as long as they have some describable difference in aroma shouldn't be too hard to get them sorted.

That’s what I’m thinking, too. Plus, once a couple more boxes arrive, tabling three samples while I study the others won’t be too distracting!
 
We begin!

Today I received a 2.5mL bottle of Muschouli and samples of:

Wild
A’meen
Arakan
Java Arch
Merauke
Siam
Sumuw
Yunnan Emperor

Organic
CKR
Liu Zhi

Attar
Al Ghaliyah II
Ward Attar

And, as I was putting together this list, the doorbell rang and it was my subitism burner from @An Agarwood which updated this morning and said it was 4,000 miles away and then was delivered without another update! It’s gonna be a good day!


View attachment 52753

And this @Al Shareef Oudh order came with a built-in quiz! Four of the labels had come off of the sample bottles! I think it was because of the cold weather we have, but the Java Arch, Siam, Arakan, and Sumuw labels had all fallen off and were stuck to the sides of the box, so I’ll get to figure those out, individually, as my nose starts to understand these aromas and I can hopefully, eventually, sort them out based on their profiles! I stuck each label back to a bottle, but made a little note so I can revisit the situation later on (and wrote about it, here, for when I lose the little note!).

Maybe you guys can help with one of them - it would have been much easier if they were four distinctly different color oils, but as luck would have it, three of the four are very similar in color. That said, one is clearly a darker oil and I’m hoping you guys or @Al Shareef Oudh csn let me know which of those four oils would be definitively darkest in color and then I think I can rule that one out!

View attachment 52755

The one I stuck the Java Arch sticker to is the darkest, as you can see. I think the light may be playing some tricks in this picture, though, because the other 3 are exceptionally close in color and tough to discern in hand. If I can at least get the correct sticker on the proper, darkest one, I like my odds figuring the other three out, eventually.
amazing! Unlabeled samples would be an amazing learning experience. Please do report back, ASO sample set is so high on my list
 
That’s what I’m thinking, too. Plus, once a couple more boxes arrive, tabling three samples while I study the others won’t be too distracting!
Wow what a way to make life exciting. Definitely Mr. Miyagi style Daniel son 😂. We do apologise that the labels came off.

We can sort it out pretty easily.
The Darkest in colour is Java Arch, which from the image it looks like you have got that right.

The second darkest is Siam, which you have also labelled correctly.

The lightest in colour from all of them is Sumuw. It is also the thickest.

The remaining one is Arakan.

From the photo it does seem like you got them all perfectly right 😱😱
 
Top