I've got a variety of samples coming my way, hopefully they get through customs! Last shipment is still sitting in Louisville Kentucky being scanned 2 to 3 times a day!
I have a sampler from TAS that just got shipped, as well as my first mesOUD sample! I am beyond excited, trying to keep a lid on it so I can smell them as hype-free as possible. What is en route to you?
 
Oh ho! Look what came in the mail from @An Najwa - I have my work cut out for me here... what a treat!

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
I have to say I'm kind of fond of these little half height sample bottles. Not so much headspace, so things should hold up better over time. The Mysore 1965 is very nice - I don't think this is the same batch as the last 1965 @An Najwa government sandalwood I sampled, as a slightly different presence.

The Assam oil "Makarem" is wild stuff - classic profile that I smell less often with the prevalence of no soak oils these days; this is the agarwood equivalent of a fine mature ripe cheese - unapologetically fermented with deep swamp and lactic ferment notes, a but musky, classic manuka honey facet, resinous, very strong projection - definitely a classic style that would get you funny looks waiting in line at the bank (in the US at least) but would very much scratch the itch for somebody who has acquired the taste for "riding the white horse" (to borrow a phrase from Russian Adam).

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
Awaiting a beautifully curated educational sample set from @Saudalhajri

Different types of sandalwoods: Mysore, Java, Java-Timor codistillation, Ceylon, Kupang
Ouds: Hindi(Karakhass, Tutun, Manipur), Cambodi(Pursat), Indonesian(Sumbuwa)
Rose oils: SQ Rose, Bulgarian, Burdur, Red rose(rosa indica)

It will be first time experiencing many of the things on the list so can't wait!
 
Tola of aged Hindi Classic from Z.Gafur (formerly ahom world) on the way, as well as 20g total Ramadan Oud wood and Muschouli from @Al Shareef Oudh . As if that wasnt exciting enough, also scored a few tola plantaion Khao Yai from @Mr.Safinity who has gone above and beyond in excellent customer service over past few weeks with my order and payment. I will be eagerly awaiting this enormous blessing and using the oils for my fragrance bar project at the shelter. We had our first session and it went really well. Of course several people wanted to make something like what I was wearing at the time, and I had to tell them that was not possible because what I was wearing was oud, and could not afford enough for a group. With luck though, a grant for my program came in just in time for me to place a bulk order from Safinity. Now I get to share the beauty of oud with my community through formulating and I couldn’t be more stoked about it!
 
Tola of aged Hindi Classic from Z.Gafur (formerly ahom world) on the way, as well as 20g total Ramadan Oud wood and Muschouli from @Al Shareef Oudh . As if that wasnt exciting enough, also scored a few tola plantaion Khao Yai from @Mr.Safinity who has gone above and beyond in excellent customer service over past few weeks with my order and payment. I will be eagerly awaiting this enormous blessing and using the oils for my fragrance bar project at the shelter. We had our first session and it went really well. Of course several people wanted to make something like what I was wearing at the time, and I had to tell them that was not possible because what I was wearing was oud, and could not afford enough for a group. With luck though, a grant for my program came in just in time for me to place a bulk order from Safinity. Now I get to share the beauty of oud with my community through formulating and I couldn’t be more stoked about it!
Thank you very much for your kindness, Madam.
 
Waiting for nice Rozan Sandalwood leaves more than 200g, mud agarwood more than 200g, Wild Kalimantan more than 100g, feel like im addicted to shopping, this need to stop
that's a pretty substantial order!
 
SOLIDVS from @mesOUD finally released by customs, should be arriving today! I'm particularly excited for this one…
 
Inbound:

Lupus & Vega - Agarwood Shamama Attar (2.5g) x2
Scent Talks - Embellished Oud 3g
Scent Talks - Kehwa samarkand 3g
Scent Talks - Red hot rose III 3g
Samples
Cigare oud, King Sa'ud, Jamal al ardh, Ghaliya Afzal
Oud and Misk - Chinese CK Oud chips 1/4 kilo (250g)
Manzar Oudh - Kalakassi
Manzar Oudh - Meghalaya
Please give feedback of these oils. Were they good?
 
How long did Customs hold yours? They’ve had mine for nearly six weeks and I don’t think they’re going to release it. They keep saying they will but … nada.
It was close to six weeks!
 
Inbound:

Wadima Oud - AlRayan
AlMokhlif Oud - Special Trat
AlMokhlif Oud - Vietnamese Angles Chips (Super) 50g
Thumun Oud - Vietnamese Angles chips (Triple Super) 12g
Immortal Oud - Koh Kong 2018
Immortal Oud - Langkawi Malay
Karam Oud - 1/4 Kilo Chinese CK Chips
 
Last edited:
Top