Which ones are some I should look out for being particularly good in your opinion?
You'll need to be a bit more specific but honestly, I can't answer that as his releases are different every time. You never really know what's coming until about a week out from release.
 
First wave of Ramadan purchases have arrived.
Just had the biggest swipe of Kedah Sultan. Honestly, it was probably illegal to use so much😂
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    20260323_152502.webp
    109.5 KB · Views: 0
I reached out to Kangiiten about their use of AI and was told that while they are using ChatGPT, it is to rephrase stuff rather than to generate totally new tasting notes out of thin air. Still kinda ehh, but good enough that I placed an order.

I got Dreams of Ancient Palace, EID 2016 with Dream of African Sandalwood, Wild Port Moresby powder, Wild Leyte chips, Wild Pontianak chips, Wild Kalimantan Eaglewood chips, Wild Tarakan Beccariana chips and Blackmeat Sandalwood grains.
 
Scored a bottle of Sokkat Alteeb’s Turathiya Selective this weekend for a good price, now on its way! Ive heard a lot about this one so am hoping it’s a legit, second hand sale.
I wore this to work today and again to an election dinner party here. At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, this has the best quality-price ratio of any oud oil I personally have tried. My bottle cost me just €60 for the quarter tola in Riyadh…you wouldn’t get a decent oil from Ajmal for that price.

Today I made an EO order I’ve been considering for a couple of months. The 15% Ramadan discount helped me to pull the trigger:
Oriscent Pinoy
Khus Boora


I notice that the most of the Oriscent oils (or maybe it’s all of them??) are now available in smaller sizes, which for me and my budget is a very welcome move.
 
And? What do you think? I am eyeing this one.
I took a small swipe when I was home last week, not enough to really judge it properly. I recall it being dark and almost opaque, minty coca-cola vibes (often when a ‘medicinal’ profile is on the sweeter side, it reminds me of cola), also a slightly savoury/meaty aspect. I might change my mind entirely about all that when I try it again 😅
 
I took a small swipe when I was home last week, not enough to really judge it properly. I recall it being dark and almost opaque, minty coca-cola vibes (often when a ‘medicinal’ profile is on the sweeter side, it reminds me of cola), also a slightly savoury/meaty aspect. I might change my mind entirely about all that when I try it again 😅
Cola is definitely a thing with Malaysian ouds. Took a minute for me to recognise it but once it clicked it's there for good.
 
Al Hind Oud - Malaya Sultan

I think this has the same cola profile y’all are talking about too. It initially reminded me of Zamarad 3, but this is a lot more complex and it lasts forever on the skin. Narcotically sweet, maybe a hint of florals, not smoky, just juicy cola + resinous incense with some earthy undertones. It looks yellow, but it’s really a deep golden green, and I swear it looked greener when I first got it.

Love this oil and want to get more, but I also want to try Malay Zen, Malay 97, and Kedah Sultan. Anyone who’s tried more than one of these have any Malay oil suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_3898.webp
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_3901.webp
    130.7 KB · Views: 0
Al Hind Oud - Malaya Sultan

I think this has the same cola profile y’all are talking about too. It initially reminded me of Zamarad 3, but this is a lot more complex and it lasts forever on the skin. Narcotically sweet, maybe a hint of florals, not smoky, just juicy cola + resinous incense with some earthy undertones. It looks yellow, but it’s really a deep golden green, and I swear it looked greener when I first got it.

Love this oil and want to get more, but I also want to try Malay Zen, Malay 97, and Kedah Sultan. Anyone who’s tried more than one of these have any Malay oil suggestions?
Still waiting on my Malay Zen and Malay sultan.
I have Kedah and Malay 97. I love Kedah so much. It's incredibly jucy, green and perfect for my daily wear.
Need more time with Malay 97. Im so glad I picked it up for my collection. First impressions are spine tingling, it's that nice.

A couple of notable mentions. Sultan Hijau - Habzoud and Jamaal - ASO.
 
Still waiting on my Malay Zen and Malay sultan.
I have Kedah and Malay 97. I love Kedah so much. It's incredibly jucy, green and perfect for my daily wear.
Need more time with Malay 97. Im so glad I picked it up for my collection. First impressions are spine tingling, it's that nice.

A couple of notable mentions. Sultan Hijau - Habzoud and Jamaal - ASO.
I just waited and waited and ultimately missed out the 35% discount. Unable to bring myself to buy without that discount, so looking for alternates now. I heard revenge trading is a thing, but now I realised revenge buying is also a thing.
 
I wore this to work today and again to an election dinner party here. At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, this has the best quality-price ratio of any oud oil I personally have tried. My bottle cost me just €60 for the quarter tola in Riyadh…you wouldn’t get a decent oil from Ajmal for that price.

Today I made an EO order I’ve been considering for a couple of months. The 15% Ramadan discount helped me to pull the trigger:
Oriscent Pinoy
Khus Boora


I notice that the most of the Oriscent oils (or maybe it’s all of them??) are now available in smaller sizes, which for me and my budget is a very welcome move.
Any chance you can help me out and let me know the discount code? I can’t find one!

Thanks!
 
I had ordered some frankincense from RBO Royal Bengal Ouds for my father (I've personally never been a huge fan of frankincense tbh). Without exaggeration, I believe I have received freebie samples of pretty much every single thing RBO has to offer on their store right now...it's like all these artisans have an internal bet on who can one up the other in terms of sheer generosity. The past few weeks have been...what they have been. Getting to sample new ouds was a hugely appreciated change of pace.

I also had an order from Kangiiten for Dreams of Merauke incense but its been stuck somewhere for a month with no movement in tracking. I've kinda given up on that tbh...

Longer term, I am allowing my wallet space for my mesOUD fund. Some of the newer Habz samples are also whispering my name. All in good time, iA!
 
I had ordered some frankincense from RBO Royal Bengal Ouds for my father (I've personally never been a huge fan of frankincense tbh). Without exaggeration, I believe I have received freebie samples of pretty much every single thing RBO has to offer on their store right now...it's like all these artisans have an internal bet on who can one up the other in terms of sheer generosity. The past few weeks have been...what they have been. Getting to sample new ouds was a hugely appreciated change of pace.

I also had an order from Kangiiten for Dreams of Merauke incense but its been stuck somewhere for a month with no movement in tracking. I've kinda given up on that tbh...

Longer term, I am allowing my wallet space for my mesOUD fund. Some of the newer Habz samples are also whispering my name. All in good time, iA!
Hope your backs been healing alright, wonderful to see a post from you after a little bit!
 
Top