I hardly ever post in this thread but I'm very grateful and excited after stumbling upon these two Imperial Oud legends. I never gave much thought to searching for either since I hardly ever saw them for sale, but here it is. Super Hoi An and the OG Hainan Ultima. I only heard good things about the Hoi An oil, and all the praise from @Mr.P had me very curious to explore this oil. Hainan Ultima, I only tried a small sample many eons ago next to other IO legends, and even then, with my limited oud experience, it blew my socks off. Even more than the Nha Trang Ultima. It was a good weekend 🙏🏻

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
I hardly ever post in this thread but I'm very grateful and excited after stumbling upon these two Imperial Oud legends. I never gave much thought to searching for either since I hardly ever saw them for sale, but here it is. Super Hoi An and the OG Hainan Ultima. I only heard good things about the Hoi An oil, and all the praise from @Mr.P had me very curious to explore this oil. Hainan Ultima, I only tried a small sample many eons ago next to other IO legends, and even then, with my limited oud experience, it blew my socks off. Even more than the Nha Trang Ultima. It was a good weekend 🙏🏻

View attachment 55969
I was wondering who managed to score these beauties. Well done.
 
Got a very reasonable Egyptian neroli oil from The Essential Oil Company in Portland, OR. These guys have been in the business since the 70s, nothing particularly fancy although at times they've had some really nice products like the Peter Wilde florasols and at one point sold distillation equipment. Just arrived today and I have not had a chance to familiarize myself with this current batch.

I have some other neroli and patchouli on the way from PSH as well. 🙂
 
Inbound:

The Oud Trader - Premium Discovery Set
The Oud Trader - West Malaysian Belantara 3g
Maysam AlWard AlTaifi - Sumbawa Oud 2023 cook
Fawakher - Husn AlShmookh SQ blend
Alnnahe Oud - Souq AlZal oud (special edition)
Kinana Scents - Coronation Purple Parfum 15ml
 
Last edited:
Some SFE patchouli and moroccan neroli are currently out for delivery. In the past this Moroccan has been very smooth and powdery mellow and inviting, quite different from my Egyptian specimen recently acquired which is more bitter, a little tart, a little more aggressive. I've smelled quite a range of scents in nerolis over the years... on one level I like that really smooth mellow Moroccan style but some of the really tangy ones have been pretty incredible as well, more vital and lifelike although none of them smell anywhere near as good as an actual fresh orange blossom.
 
Last edited:
Inbound:

The Oud Trader - Premium Discovery Set
The Oud Trader - West Malaysian Belantara 3g
Maysam AlWard AlTaifi - Sumbawa Oud 2023 cook
Fawakher - Husn AlShmookh SQ blend
Alnnahe Oud - Souq AlZal oud (special edition)
Kinana Scents - Coronation Purple Parfum 15ml
I also bought Fawakher - Husn AlShmookh SQ blend. Let me know your review of it. I forgot how it smells. I left it overseas with my wife. I was too busy on vacation to post reviews, even though I intended to.
 
I should read this thread more often - you guys are buying some very interesting stuff.

For me, incoming from Yusa:
Firipino LTD - 1g
JIKU (Hainan) - put my money where my mouth is and got a 2.5g bottle

Needed a bit of a retail therapy after a bruising couple of months.
 
Was it supposed to come with some wood? I didn't receive any. Are you referring to the Oud Discovery Club?
Already purchased the book?
Don’t worry I’ll be sending off some raw Oud along with your book once they arrive.
I’d genuinely love for your solid feedback. I can’t guarantee where this thing is going but your feedback will be acknowledged.
hm, maybe i misread
 
Top