Olfactory Nomad
Smells so Oud
I thought I should pull the envelope back out of the trash to double check but..nope..no wood 😢hm, maybe i misread
I thought I should pull the envelope back out of the trash to double check but..nope..no wood 😢hm, maybe i misread
The idea of some kind of standardized approach to evaluation seems like a great one, and this looks like a nice professional approach on the surface (which is all that I've experienced).Beautiful book. Very well thought out and presented. The author knows her stuff. I would really recommend getting a copy for anyone who has thought about it.
That's not encouraging but forgivable and easily corrected if it's just an oversightI thought I should pull the envelope back out of the trash to double check but..nope..no wood 😢
Kangiiten have released a two stick per tube opportunity to try Shoyeido's Translucent Path. Having not had the chance to ever burn this myself, I've gotten myself some. $25 for the two sticks. I can wear that.
Post in thread 'Attar/Mukhallat of the Day'I also bought Fawakher - Husn AlShmookh SQ blend. Let me know your review of it. I forgot how it smells. I left it overseas with my wife. I was too busy on vacation to post reviews, even though I intended to.
I know exactly what you mean. They have some incredible stuff in the EO department. I just take it regarding those oils and a lack of reviews etc is that people are definitely buying them, just not anyone that's on Ouddict. I have to assume that the Kangiiten selling base audience is much larger than we realise? I have read some chatter about their products on a couple of oil/oud WhatsApp groups about such things from people that don't use Ouddict. Dunno? It is odd though that there isn't a single one. Surely someone on Ouddict has tried some of the EO's? I know @Mousse de Chene has some of those sandalwood fractions but he's been AWOL for a little while.Kangiiten is kind of a head scratcher because they have all of these amazing sounding oils and extracts in their botanical rarities section, the kind of thing I would expect well heeled collectors to jump on yet I have never seen a review of any of them. Which makes me reluctant to buy any of them myself... (actually the inability to sample is a big part of that) because they're so kind of out there in terms of product names and origins. Distilled honeysuckle? Gardenia oil? CO2 fractions of sandalwood and this and that which have never been offered by anybody else that I'm aware of.
I don't know what to make of it, I can't think of a situation where a well-known and reputable vendor of such types of products has zero discussion of them!
And I am not implying anything is wrong with the source it seems like the source has good taste and quality control, i've heard a fair amount about their woods and incense, it is just a head scratcher...
Please share if you've tried any of those florals or unusual wood fractions. They also have a few agarwood oils for sale in the $250-300 per quarter tola range and I'd be curious to know what their oils are like.
My takeaway atm and I haven't started reading the book yet but from quickly flipping through it and from also following her social media she is definitely peer reviewed, has an extensive background in perfume and scienceThe idea of some kind of standardized approach to evaluation seems like a great one, and this looks like a nice professional approach on the surface (which is all that I've experienced).
It's such a highly specialized topic though and requires such a great deal of practical experience for one to have the nose to sort things out.
I would be enthusiastic about this if I knew a little more about it. How do you use the book? What kind of information does it have? Does it include a "key" for identifying unknown specimens? What is the expertise of the author - are they personally capable of identifying random specimens of wood and oil? How did they learn? How long have they been studying? and in what way is their particular approach authoritative / peer reviewed? I'm guessing some of this has already been shared and I just need to go back further through the thread so apologies for that
Alright, first time poster but long time lurker. I’ve currently got their blue lotus, wax plum, honey suckle, gardenia, 1st fraction sandalwood, and a couple different lavenders as well as the key lime. To my nose, they are all very, very nice. For reference, I also have Violetglassforever’s lotus as well as EO Apothecary's from Etsy. Both of those are amazing too, with their own distinct character and facets.Kangiiten is kind of a head scratcher because they have all of these amazing sounding oils and extracts in their botanical rarities section, the kind of thing I would expect well heeled collectors to jump on yet I have never seen a review of any of them. Which makes me reluctant to buy any of them myself... (actually the inability to sample is a big part of that) because they're so kind of out there in terms of product names and origins. Distilled honeysuckle? Gardenia oil? CO2 fractions of sandalwood and this and that which have never been offered by anybody else that I'm aware of.
I don't know what to make of it, I can't think of a situation where a well-known and reputable vendor of such types of products has zero discussion of them!
And I am not implying anything is wrong with the source it seems like the source has good taste and quality control, i've heard a fair amount about their woods and incense, it is just a head scratcher...
Please share if you've tried any of those florals or unusual wood fractions. They also have a few agarwood oils for sale in the $250-300 per quarter tola range and I'd be curious to know what their oils are like.
Excellent! Thank youAlright, first time poster but long time lurker. I’ve currently got their blue lotus, wax plum, honey suckle, gardenia, 1st fraction sandalwood, and a couple different lavenders as well as the key lime. To my nose, they are all very, very nice. For reference, I also have Violetglassforever’s lotus as well as EO Apothecary's from Etsy. Both of those are amazing too, with their own distinct character and facets.
Something that stands out to me is the similarity I immediately noticed between the 1st fraction sandalwood C02 extract (which I got first some months ago) and most of the above oils which I got more recently. Kangiiten, to me, seems very much interested in capturing the most ethereal and elusive aspects of a given material. It’s hard to explain, but the lotus, gardenia, honeysuckle and many of the other ones I’ve experienced are all so very, very light and crisp, almost as if it’s a first, first fraction of the source material. (I think I read somewhere that they use some kind of potentially proprietary hydrosdistilation process that enables them to capture the lighter, ethereal notes of things like honeysuckle, where historically it was not considered possible to do so). They are all very crisp, light, and piercing to me, with a noticeable absence of the “body” I expected from them. I mean all of this in a positive way - by no means are they harsh, weak or diluted. The focus just seems to be on getting the most ethereal and elusive aspects of the material. And ofc as a disclaimer, this is all my humble and novice opinion, but since no one has really talked about their oils, I thought I’d share my experience.
That's great. Thanks for your opinion mate. Nice first post.Alright, first time poster but long time lurker. I’ve currently got their blue lotus, wax plum, honey suckle, gardenia, 1st fraction sandalwood, and a couple different lavenders as well as the key lime. To my nose, they are all very, very nice. For reference, I also have Violetglassforever’s lotus as well as EO Apothecary's from Etsy. Both of those are amazing too, with their own distinct character and facets.
Something that stands out to me is the similarity I immediately noticed between the 1st fraction sandalwood C02 extract (which I got first some months ago) and most of the above oils which I got more recently. Kangiiten, to me, seems very much interested in capturing the most ethereal and elusive aspects of a given material. It’s hard to explain, but the lotus, gardenia, honeysuckle and many of the other ones I’ve experienced are all so very, very light and crisp, almost as if it’s a first, first fraction of the source material. (I think I read somewhere that they use some kind of potentially proprietary hydrosdistilation process that enables them to capture the lighter, ethereal notes of things like honeysuckle, where historically it was not considered possible to do so). They are all very crisp, light, and piercing to me, with a noticeable absence of the “body” I expected from them. I mean all of this in a positive way - by no means are they harsh, weak or diluted. The focus just seems to be on getting the most ethereal and elusive aspects of the material. And ofc as a disclaimer, this is all my humble and novice opinion, but since no one has really talked about their oils, I thought I’d share my experience.
Wow - go purple!S&O maluku with Areej nepalese patoucouli.
🪻💦👜
These courier companies are true bastardsJust a heads up to Be aware of fine print on shipping and tariffs and fees!
I just received an $18.80 bill from FedEx. $1.30 for tariff; $17.50 for generously paying it on my behalf. I guess if you’re in the US at least you should verify and try to work out arrangements with vendors beforehand. If the tariff were $18 or $15 or whatever I would consider the cost of doing business under idiots, but to charge that much on such a minuscule amount, without giving me the option to pay it myself is ludicrous. And infuriating.
Yep, it is truly terrible. Its why Frater and Apothecary's Garden pre-pay tariffs, they're building it into the price and you're still paying, just comes without the $15-20 'handling' fee. These days unless specifically specified, having to contact a store, convince them its something they can do, they'll decline since its not part of their process, i just generally add $20 to cost of the order mentally for it.Just a heads up to Be aware of fine print on shipping and tariffs and fees!
I just received an $18.80 bill from FedEx. $1.30 for tariff; $17.50 for generously paying it on my behalf. I guess if you’re in the US at least you should verify and try to work out arrangements with vendors beforehand. If the tariff were $18 or $15 or whatever I would consider the cost of doing business under idiots, but to charge that much on such a minuscule amount, without giving me the option to pay it myself is ludicrous. And infuriating.
Yeah FedEx has been the worst. Charging extra for made-up fees, as if I haven’t already paid a high international shipping price.Just a heads up to Be aware of fine print on shipping and tariffs and fees!
I just received an $18.80 bill from FedEx. $1.30 for tariff; $17.50 for generously paying it on my behalf. I guess if you’re in the US at least you should verify and try to work out arrangements with vendors beforehand. If the tariff were $18 or $15 or whatever I would consider the cost of doing business under idiots, but to charge that much on such a minuscule amount, without giving me the option to pay it myself is ludicrous. And infuriating.
UPS sent out an email a while ago. But they'd only be refunding the tariffs, not the handling charge, thats their profit and.. totally different we swear guys.And will we be compensated for what we paid like the big corporations already have been?
what a joke this all has been - just a big cash grab for nothing, UPS charging $20+ fees on a $0.80 tariff, I would shun all of these companies if i could.UPS sent out an email a while ago. But they'd only be refunding the tariffs, not the handling charge, thats their profit and.. totally different we swear guys.
UPS filed refund requests for Phase One-eligible shipments where we served as the Importer of Record (IOR).
What’s next?
tldr: prob no refund for us unless we're business sized with UPS account
- CBP review: While CBP has started issuing IEEPA refunds on a rolling basis, it may take 60–90 days from the date of filing for UPS to receive these funds.
- UPS reconciliation: After UPS receives refunds from CBP, we will reconcile the funds and match the amount we received to the original tariff payment.
- Refunds issued: If you’re eligible for a Phase One refund, we will process your refund and any applicable interest by first applying it to open invoices on your account. Any remaining funds will be disbursed 60-90 days after UPS receives the funds from CBP.