GLTASN

Junior Member
First of all I've no experience in blending but I've got some prize ingredients I've been thinking about combining. It would be a small batch just for me about 15-20mls total. I recently did 2 musk maturations in swo and gaging the blend I need to double my musk from 10 to 20%.

If I use oils I love individually I hope it ends up usable, lol. Here's my idea of starting place to add rose, camphor, jasmine, ect.. to after the base congeals.

One question I have is what ratio swo as a carrier oil should be? For example I plan to use one gram each:

Byakudan swo by AA
100k swo by Russian Adam
Still thinking


Marine grey ambergris
Sweet Marine ambergris
White ambergris


Kyarazen 1985 oud oil
Pencheran oud oil by AA
Still thinking


Tibetan musk grains
Siberian musk grains
Mongolian musk grains


12 grams total but half isn't really oil it's ambergris float and musk grains so my question is, After filtering how much oil would I get from original 12 grams? I'm guessing 6 usable and 6 leftovers. So do I use extra swo for carrier so I can get more return? I guess that's enough questions for this post. Thanks for reading
 
Advice and some notes, the experienced person and the superior perfumer knows the results of what he made as a chemical equation knows the results of his combinations when making a ghaliya, but as a beginner seeking to become a professional, you must study your steps and proceed with balanced and deliberate steps. Putting together combinations without a goal is not ghaliya. To learn that, every aromatic substance has fragrant scents: initial, middle, and base notes, and shadows in the background that give aromatic suggestions. You must first choose the carrier oil that suits you and whose scent you like. What suits you may not suit me, and what suits me may not suit you. Do not listen to people’s words. This is the first step. Second, as a beginner seeking to become a professional, determine the goal of adding musk or Ambergris with a certain aromatic oil. What scents do I want to add? So, a piece of advice: First, determine the carrier oils that suit you. It is better to add each addition separately. As a beginner seeking to become a professional, for example, musk with sandal oil , then Ambergris with sandal oil separately in order to monitor the developments in the scent. As a start, 5-10% of Ambergris or musk is appropriate, and I see from experience that it will be a base. You can take 1-3% of it and add it to other aromatic oils. You will see amazing and beautiful results. Divide the remaining amount of Ambergris and musk into other aromatic oils that you like to form a diverse base. You need patience from 6-12 months, continuous stirring, and opening the bottle for a few minutes every week to renew oxygen for oxidation, fermentation, and development of the scents. This is what I have in mind now, and I hope my advice is not heavy. For your information, when adding more than one substance in chemistry, new substances will form and basic substances will disappear when combined with them. It is possible that the scents that you liked as basic will fade and become like shadows, and new scents will appear as basic notes. Therefore, it is better for you to mix separately.
 
Back
Top