Hi all!

Finally getting involved after having learned so much as a guest from this amazing community.

Finding my way through all things perfumes/ aromatics/ incense and of course - oud. 🙂

Can’t wait to learn even more. 🙏

Cheers,

Al.
Phew... for one second there I thought it was "PerfumeAI" (ai) 🙂

welcome
 
Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been a visitor on this forum for a few years now but decided to finally create an account.

In terms of my personal journey I've been collecting various ouds/attars for around 6-7 years now. I have to admit that many of them (not all) were a learning curve. Some i thought were very good (at the time) but later realised they were actually mediocre 😄 its all part of the journey i guess.

Hindi oud has always been my favourite scent profile, just something about it that resonates in a way thats beyond explanation. I'm at a point now where I'm discovering and experiencing various ouds from different regions and now realising that they're all beautiful and complex in their own way.
 
I haven't brought anything new since I joined this forum but the last few oud styles fragrances I picked up are from Ahmed al Marghribi, Laathani, Ignite oud, Marj, Kaaf, Bin shaikh. From those I really like Marj, ignite oud and Laathani, so I guess I like oud that leans towards the sweeter side of things. I have to admit though I am also liking Bin Shaikh I just received it yesterday, its beastly in the oud department, but I am having fun with it. I just need help in what direction I should go? what are your opinions on Gissah imperial Valley??
 
I haven't brought anything new since I joined this forum but the last few oud styles fragrances I picked up are from Ahmed al Marghribi, Laathani, Ignite oud, Marj, Kaaf, Bin shaikh. From those I really like Marj, ignite oud and Laathani, so I guess I like oud that leans towards the sweeter side of things. I have to admit though I am also liking Bin Shaikh I just received it yesterday, its beastly in the oud department, but I am having fun with it. I just need help in what direction I should go? what are your opinions on Gissah imperial Valley??
Not familiar with it, but there are plenty of people here who can help; good luck!
 
Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm an incense maker (my work is closest to Chinese style, I think) and enthusiast currently based in Chicago, U.S.A. I don't work much with oud yet, but I find the material really compelling, whether in a stick or on the heater. Most of the oud my heater sees these days is skins from a Crassna Khmer purchase some time ago. They're certainly not as sweet and rich as the high-end materials that Ken Cannata and KyaraZen have access to, but I do enjoy them a little at a time on a low heat. A fellow incense maker also kindly gave me some higher end wood samples which I have been enjoying slowly and with great trepidation (list below if you're interested). I'm a big fan of natural aromatics in their resin or raw plant form, from frankincense to musk root, lavender, sandalwood, etc. I write about incense and incense-making on my website.

Samples I was given:
* Brunei, Kinam, Ensar Oud
* Cambodi, AAA, Agaroots
* Green Kinam, AAA, Yuzhi Oud
* 2022 Hmarkhawlien, Rising Phoenix
* 2021 Sinking Viet Quang Binh, Rising Phoenix
* White Kinam Bead Waste, Yuzhi Oud
 
Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm an incense maker (my work is closest to Chinese style, I think) and enthusiast currently based in Chicago, U.S.A. I don't work much with oud yet, but I find the material really compelling, whether in a stick or on the heater. Most of the oud my heater sees these days is skins from a Crassna Khmer purchase some time ago. They're certainly not as sweet and rich as the high-end materials that Ken Cannata and KyaraZen have access to, but I do enjoy them a little at a time on a low heat. A fellow incense maker also kindly gave me some higher end wood samples which I have been enjoying slowly and with great trepidation (list below if you're interested). I'm a big fan of natural aromatics in their resin or raw plant form, from frankincense to musk root, lavender, sandalwood, etc. I write about incense and incense-making on my website.

Samples I was given:
* Brunei, Kinam, Ensar Oud
* Cambodi, AAA, Agaroots
* Green Kinam, AAA, Yuzhi Oud
* 2022 Hmarkhawlien, Rising Phoenix
* 2021 Sinking Viet Quang Binh, Rising Phoenix
* White Kinam Bead Waste, Yuzhi Oud
Welcome brother! Wow! That website of yours really is chock a block full of incredible resources and information! I could spend a lot of time on there and I will. I believe you'll fit right in on Ouddict. If you yourself are looking for some new info or wish to add it to your website, a quick puruse showed me you are yet to stumble across Aroma Sublime and their resouce centre. Plenty to read there also. Enjoy and once again, welcome!
 
Welcome brother! Wow! That website of yours really is chock a block full of incredible resources and information! I could spend a lot of time on there and I will. I believe you'll fit right in on Ouddict. If you yourself are looking for some new info or wish to add it to your website, a quick puruse showed me you are yet to stumble across Aroma Sublime and their resouce centre. Plenty to read there also. Enjoy and once again, welcome!
Cheers, I'll have a look at Aroma Sublime's website!
 
Hi everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm an incense maker (my work is closest to Chinese style, I think) and enthusiast currently based in Chicago, U.S.A. I don't work much with oud yet, but I find the material really compelling, whether in a stick or on the heater. Most of the oud my heater sees these days is skins from a Crassna Khmer purchase some time ago. They're certainly not as sweet and rich as the high-end materials that Ken Cannata and KyaraZen have access to, but I do enjoy them a little at a time on a low heat. A fellow incense maker also kindly gave me some higher end wood samples which I have been enjoying slowly and with great trepidation (list below if you're interested). I'm a big fan of natural aromatics in their resin or raw plant form, from frankincense to musk root, lavender, sandalwood, etc. I write about incense and incense-making on my website.

Samples I was given:
* Brunei, Kinam, Ensar Oud
* Cambodi, AAA, Agaroots
* Green Kinam, AAA, Yuzhi Oud
* 2022 Hmarkhawlien, Rising Phoenix
* 2021 Sinking Viet Quang Binh, Rising Phoenix
* White Kinam Bead Waste, Yuzhi Oud
Welcome, @Nathan , and I too will check out and spend some time on your website. Thank you for sharing. That’s what so many of us are about!
 
Top