New to the website and this world almost entirely. We have an electric censer and burn resin incense, but I just recently discovered Oud and I’m fascinated. I’m researching subitism heaters right now and intend to buy 1-2 and then slowly start building a collection of wood. I’m excited to study and learn as much as I can here on Ouddict and to start making my first purchases so I can dive in! If anyone has recommendations for entry level/sample sized stuff a guy can purchase to start studying and experiencing these woods, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks to everyone who’s shared his or her experience on this forum over the years! I hope to learn from it over the coming years and to pay it forward by contributing my own successes and failures!
 
New to the website and this world almost entirely. We have an electric censer and burn resin incense, but I just recently discovered Oud and I’m fascinated. I’m researching subitism heaters right now and intend to buy 1-2 and then slowly start building a collection of wood. I’m excited to study and learn as much as I can here on Ouddict and to start making my first purchases so I can dive in! If anyone has recommendations for entry level/sample sized stuff a guy can purchase to start studying and experiencing these woods, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks to everyone who’s shared his or her experience on this forum over the years! I hope to learn from it over the coming years and to pay it forward by contributing my own successes and failures!
Welcome mate.
I am a newbie as well and haven't started burning wood yet.
My interest is oud oils.
I went through the resident artisans section over 2 or 3 days checking the offerings and selected the ones that I liked. I also spoke with each one first and they were awesome.
I am eager to receive my samples that's for sure😁
 
Hi everyone! Just recently became interested in the hobby of making my own incense. I tend to be a DIY kind of person: I garden, make soap, brew beer, etc. I've been slowly collecting ingredients from boutique websites in the USA the past couple of weeks, and am waiting on the arrival of my first small quantity of oud wood from overseas. In the meantime, I've been experimenting mainly with sandalwood, herb, & resin blends making loose, cones, and sticks. The intention is to only use pure ingredients that I grind or extract myself.

Any advice on general blend rule of thumbs, recipes, and techniques are welcome. Also, reputable suppliers of oud and sandalwood would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, while experimenting with some of my new ingredients I discovered while test burning small quantities of tonka beans and vetiver that they do not smell very pleasant when burned by themselves, and I suspect that they would not be any better in a mix. Should these instead be extracted with oil or alcohol and the extracts added to a blend?
 
Hi All,

New member to the forum here. I was gifted a oud oil from a Kuwait friend some years ago, loved wearing it; smooth, sweet and woody aroma that lasted all day; it was my scent and unfortunately I ran out last year and have been on a wild journey to find more. Which I realising will be very difficult.

The Oud I received was a pure koh kong cambodi oud oil, the box said it was 21 years old when I received it, and it lasted me about 8 years or so with modest use. I would love to find more of this or something similar if anyone has any recommendations? I have been sampling a few of the offerings (websites) available here in the UK, and found some koh kong that is similar but not the same (has sharp top notes) and have discovered a beautiful hindi manipur that smells great.

Russ
 
Hello everyone !

I am new to the forum, was an onlooker for a while, which decided me to join, and here is a little intro as suggested in the welcoming email.

I am in Europe but with a Middle-Eastern ancestry that came with a strong incensing tradition. I enjoy burning oud chips at home, at times also for perfuming clothing, beard and the like. I also burn lots of resins, which I use "medicinally" too (chewing). I burn daily and never receive guests at home before airing the living room and burning something. I much prefer pure natural materials to perfume-laden bakhoor.

Likewise, I almost never wear perfumes with artificial compounds, rather attars oud or sandalwood oils. I have been buying oud oils for a bit more than ten years. And I recognize a few houses here that I happily bought from in the past. I am sure I will discover new inspiring ones.

I am glad to have found a place that defends quality production and peer reviewing, as I have been burned a few times (pun intended) when trying to buy from Etsy or the like, there is lots of dubious products, and reviews, around.

I am sure I will learn a lot from you all and I hope I will be able to contribute a little.

Respectfully,
G
 
Hello everyone !

I am new to the forum, was an onlooker for a while, which decided me to join, and here is a little intro as suggested in the welcoming email.

I am in Europe but with a Middle-Eastern ancestry that came with a strong incensing tradition. I enjoy burning oud chips at home, at times also for perfuming clothing, beard and the like. I also burn lots of resins, which I use "medicinally" too (chewing). I burn daily and never receive guests at home before airing the living room and burning something. I much prefer pure natural materials to perfume-laden bakhoor.

Likewise, I almost never wear perfumes with artificial compounds, rather attars oud or sandalwood oils. I have been buying oud oils for a bit more than ten years. And I recognize a few houses here that I happily bought from in the past. I am sure I will discover new inspiring ones.

I am glad to have found a place that defends quality production and peer reviewing, as I have been burned a few times (pun intended) when trying to buy from Etsy or the like, there is lots of dubious products, and reviews, around.

I am sure I will learn a lot from you all and I hope I will be able to contribute a little.

Respectfully,
G
welcome!
 
Stumbled upon this page when researching some of my natural ingredients, I wanted to know how other experience them and work with them… happy I stepped on this goldmine of information and I love seeing the passion. I’m at the beginning of my natural perfume journey, and what led me here is burning incense, I’m sorry to say, I do not have much experience with oud (yet😉), but the resin that changed my life is Kua Myrrh, I can not live without her, she is a perfume on her own and I will smoke myself with her. She is the reason I’m learning natural perfumery, it’s my mission to create a perfume that accentuate her each and every part of her complexity… so I can morph into her and beam her aura! As a first step I have started Mandy Aftels beginners perfume workbook and it’s been such a fun process!

My love for Kua
Really she is masculine and I think that’s what makes me so crazy. I still do not have her figured out, but she is warm, deep, sensual, and mysterious. Off the top I pick up this buttery, velvety creaminess, toffee, and in the backdrop the bitterness of myrrh with this aged and refined leather.

Other hobbies include DJing, sushi, and third wave coffee, I have learned to pick up notes through coffee as my spouse quizzes me on his creations every morning lol, I love fruit forward, ultra light, tealike coffee!

Thanks for reading my story looking forward to getting to know you all and learning from you!
 
Hello everyone, I am a beginner and would like to introduce myself. I am interested in Oud in particular sustainability, and how to get the most out of every drop. As long as it is of high quality, there is a lot that can be done with aromatic wood. I personally use it as an element of aromatherapy, and I have used my other products, such as the wonderful rose essential oil, much less.

I have been spoiled by using Keo from agar aura, which is such a wonderful oil that inhaling it for health and maintaining good breathing has been an amazing discovery.
 
Hello everyone, I am a beginner and would like to introduce myself. I am interested in Oud in particular sustainability, and how to get the most out of every drop. As long as it is of high quality, there is a lot that can be done with aromatic wood. I personally use it as an element of aromatherapy, and I have used my other products, such as the wonderful rose essential oil, much less.

I have been spoiled by using Keo from agar aura, which is such a wonderful oil that inhaling it for health and maintaining good breathing has been an amazing discovery.
Welcome and take your time combing through all the good information on this site.
 
Hello to everyone! I am a new member of the board, at the very start of his own path throughout oud oils' world.
I decided to join this forum to learn about natural Oud, to know legit vendors, gather informations about the matter, and eventually understand how to create the scent hidden in my head, somewhere.

I've been always attracted to scents and odors in general, since I was a child, and with time curiosity led me deeper and deeper the rabbit hole, first within niche environment, then with artisanal. After I did smell the first natural ghaliya, I felt I couldn't get back to synthetic fragrances anymore, since they lack threedimensionality or a certain depth.

So far, what I know about Oud and natural rare ingredients are due to the artisanal fragrance I've gotten from brands like Elixir Attar, Bortnikoff, Katana and Arej, but I wish to delve deeper the attar and Oud oils topic.

Besides scents, I've been playing piano for the last 14 years, and I actually work as manager in an org partner of BMW.

Wish everyone the best days out there
 
Hi there, I'm from Saudi Arabia, new to this forum, I'm Oud lover since I was a kid, and a collector, I consider my self very mid-level experienced in Oud woods and Oud oils, I know that there is always someone knows more and better, and I'm here to learn, there are always things that you dont know.
 
Hi there, I'm from Saudi Arabia, new to this forum, I'm Oud lover since I was a kid, and a collector, I consider my self very mid-level experienced in Oud woods and Oud oils, I know that there is always someone knows more and better, and I'm here to learn, there are always things that you dont know.
Welcome! I'm from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Please don’t hesitate to message me for any advice. Looking forward to your posts!
 
Top