Mellifluence - Kore Hiyaki 2

This has got a lot stronger in the bottle over the last 6 months or so. And the profile has really developed and deepened as well. What at first seemed quite crude and direct with a strong smoky cade element has really rounded out into something smoother.

Smoky herbal medicinal topnotes that move into a heavy labdanum mid that seems to include some civet. Lovely oudy drydown as we so often get from Abdullah. Still smell it on my arm after a night‘s sleep.
 
Mellifluence - Ye Lai Xiang(如來香)
Ye Lai, 如來 is a Buddhism term used which means enlightened beings(very abridged description)
I was quite curious about why Abdullah gave this name to this particular oil.

it's my first time wearing it so I can't much about it but the first impression I got is that it does remind me of China and a Buddhist temple.
I don't know why but I keep imagining a stone carved buddha statue that holding a lotus in its hands while smelling this oil.

theres' a number of florals I pickup in this blend but osmanthus is the only one I tell for sure. and some powderiness that reminds me of smoothly polished stone. I pick up some woody backbon as well. all the notes are seamlessly woven together so it's hard to tell individual notes.
as a whole, I get this very calming, meditative feeling.

I like it very much, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection.
 
Mellifluence - Ye Lai Xiang(如來香)
Ye Lai, 如來 is a Buddhism term used which means enlightened beings(very abridged description)
I was quite curious about why Abdullah gave this name to this particular oil.

it's my first time wearing it so I can't much about it but the first impression I got is that it does remind me of China and a Buddhist temple.
I don't know why but I keep imagining a stone carved buddha statue that holding a lotus in its hands while smelling this oil.

theres' a number of florals I pickup in this blend but osmanthus is the only one I tell for sure. and some powderiness that reminds me of smoothly polished stone. I pick up some woody backbon as well. all the notes are seamlessly woven together so it's hard to tell individual notes.
as a whole, I get this very calming, meditative feeling.

I like it very much, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection.
I always look forward to your reviews!
 
Self Made blend of:
Jasmine Sambac:Grandiflorum(75:25) absolute
Ruh Rajnigandha
Old Ruh Gulab
Ruh Genda
Ylang Ylang Abs.
Guggul Resin
Black Frankincense
Neroli+Petitgrain(Just a touch)
Butter Abs.
Hainan Floral(YuzhiOud)
These all suspended in a blend of Mysore Sandalwood and Tyson's Ambergris Resinoid.

I am blending this to gift one of my friends, who is getting married later this year. Wanted to capture the essence of Indian marriage. Most of the ingredients above are associated with the traditional ceremony.
Satisfied with what I have. Any suggestions are welcome. I would like it to be free from any pissy or fecal things.
The Jasmine sambac was quite indolic. So, the mukhallat opens up with a blast of citruses with animalism.
I do not smell any oud in the dry down but I guess Ambergris and Oud are holding everything together and imparting some warmth to it.

I guess, I need to let it sit for some time and smell again.
 
Last edited:
Complex! Trying to imagine what the impression would be with all of those together at once.
 
Complex! Trying to imagine what the impression would be with all of those together at once.
It's quite beautiful. I did not expect it to be like this.
I would say, the indolic has taken over the opening but as it settles down the ylang-ylang has creamed up the composition quite beautifully alongwith Butter absolute.
Earlier it was quite sharp, but I think addition of butter and oud have toned it down a bit.
Next, I'll try to figure out whether I can fit Henna in it or not. And perhaps some red smelling floral. On the other hand, I do not want to overwork it either.
 
It's quite beautiful. I did not expect it to be like this.
I would say, the indolic has taken over the opening but as it settles down the ylang-ylang has creamed up the composition quite beautifully alongwith Butter absolute.
Earlier it was quite sharp, but I think addition of butter and oud have toned it down a bit.
Next, I'll try to figure out whether I can fit Henna in it or not. And perhaps some red smelling floral. On the other hand, I do not want to overwork it either.
It sounds really interesting to me. You already added Ruh gulab. Not sure if you need any other florals. Ruh genda is one of my favorite florals. I would love to smell it bro. Really good work masha Allah.
 
It sounds really interesting to me. You already added Ruh gulab. Not sure if you need any other florals. Ruh genda is one of my favorite florals. I would love to smell it bro. Really good work masha Allah.
Thank you brother. The rose I had is quite sharp but its getting lost in the composition. I really wan to make 2-3 test batches out of what I have now and do some tests.
And Yes, Ruh Genda and Lotus are two of my favorite florals.
 
RPP - Sheba Attar
this one starts with a warm furry civet and rose. the rose is tamed with sandalwood and cambodi oud.
it's very cozy and radiates a regal aura. what's interesting the most about this oil is its warmth and furry musk.
bit feminine, but wearable for men. I didn't like it much but starting to like it more.
 
Sampling night !!! 🥳
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1446.webp
    117 KB · Views: 205
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Daphne odora. "Live attar". This is in the same family as agarwood and given the amazing scent of these flowers I am not surprised
 
Back
Top