305 Princepessa Imperial by Mellifluence.

Beautiful florals - Champaca, Pink lotus, Sweet and fruitless from the Raspberry. More sweetness benzoin, ambergris and also a touch of salty earthy smell from the ambergris. There are tons of beautiful raw materials in it. But the brother Abdullah is a master blender. His attars are so well blend, its hard to decipher the ingredients. I am trying to pick up just the few prominent ones.

Stays close to the skin and keeps giving me whiffs of florals and intoxicating sweetness.
 
Got a sample of Aurum d’Ankor (not sure on spelling)

Wow! I see what the fuss is all about. It truly is a wonderful scent. In a way Tabacarum has a lot of crossover but this is just so much more exquisite on all fronts.
Does anyone know if SP will be making a new batch?
SP introduced the new batch (no 4) on 11 February.

Wearing OE II attar (ALD): The aged citrusy quality and the sweet & somewhat musky rose here are more prominent and long lasting. Compared to the extrait, the oud, thanks partly to the absence of carrier alcohol, plays it's parts for longer in a more 'non-linear' fashion and more elegantly with other materials/facets - especially with rose, musk molecules, crude amber, and spices.
 
I ordered that very day! Can’t wait for it to arrive. All the people whose noses I trust adore this one. A very rare blind buy on my part (total trust and admiration for SP)

my only disappointment is the synthetics in the base. Aurum D’ Angkor opened really strong and the heart was beautiful but the synthetics got really intense and cloying. The bummer was that even a shower couldn’t get the smell off my skin. It lasted over 24 hours. There’s something in the drydown that doesn’t agree with me. I started to get nauseated which sucks because it’s a really beautiful scent.
 
my only disappointment is the synthetics in the base. Aurum D’ Angkor opened really strong and the heart was beautiful but the synthetics got really intense and cloying. The bummer was that even a shower couldn’t get the smell off my skin. It lasted over 24 hours. There’s something in the drydown that doesn’t agree with me. I started to get nauseated which sucks because it’s a really beautiful scent.
Man, I’m not smelling what you’re smelling! I get Cambodian Oud, ambergris and sandalwood in the base with that ever present honey absolute and beeswax made dark in the Labdanum and aged patchouli from the shamama. If it’s getting cloying, I wonder if it’s the beeswax/honey absolute like in HG Slowdive.

it lasts forever on me too but I’m glad it does. That long Oud ambergris drydown makes me so happy.

Tilt, I think you’re gonna love it. Will be very interested in your take!
 
HAYAA by Swiss Arabian. Smells sweet and floral with a woody amber type backbone. I got a sample pack a few months ago and am slowly working my way through it. Some of them are quite nice.
So this person mentioned that McDonalds-esque house Swiss Arabian. Now don't get me wrong they have their unique specialties here and there but they have EDPs CPOs Attars all pretty much middle of the road in quality or worse.
My 2 cents.
HOWEVER the CPO named Attar Mubakhar,,,,,,,
again my limited experience --
that is me fishing for some insight from someone with more experience here hint hint ...

its like $40USD for a 20ml and I swear I paid much less for my two bottles. both seperate purchases BTW
The product is uniquely AMAZING ..unfortunately no longevity ( MEGGA SAD FACE ) but definitely Impressive !

I would normally gravitate to a true men's cologne versus an attar (Bvglari esque) but this one is exceptional! Didn't take me long to dig up the HAYAA CPO sample out of my my GIANT bag of CPO samples and EDF samples that I ordered and attempted to catalogue.
HAYAA is oh shall I say interesting but it didn't sit well on my skin or on a paper sample definitely not as impressive as their Private Oud (Chocolatey) or the Attar Mubakhar,, A bit afraid to share the info in case it forces the price up that would not be Kewel
 
Man, I’m not smelling what you’re smelling! I get Cambodian Oud, ambergris and sandalwood in the base with that ever present honey absolute and beeswax made dark in the Labdanum and aged patchouli from the shamama. If it’s getting cloying, I wonder if it’s the beeswax/honey absolute like in HG Slowdive.

it lasts forever on me too but I’m glad it does. That long Oud ambergris drydown makes me so happy.

Tilt, I think you’re gonna love it. Will be very interested in your take!
I’ll definitely report back when it arrives! I’m expecting Cheval d’Arabie and Chypre Chrysanthemum first (UK to EU post/customs is still a mess).

Did you see his Instagram post about his creation of a fragrance for Zoologist? Very exciting
 
He magically responded so yes thank you ... its an attar yes is it 12ml 20 ml ? what did it hit for ?? $$$
Chocolat Ouds and fragrances work for me ! Even the el cheap-O Swiss Arabian Private Oud ( which they just jacked up in price ) lol
he usually prove 0.3ml, 1ml, 3ml options. the prices are usually between $20 to $180.

can't remember the exact price of Santal De Chocolate.
 
Back
Top