25 year old organic patchouli oil…

It has polymerized into a resin like substance. As you can see when I tip the bottle sideways it just sits there.

Very mellow scent, tangy and musty and well matured. Sticks to skin but doesn’t stay sticky. I have a small amount in another bottle and it takes work to get the lid off end up having to soak it for a while and hot water.

I love patchouli and wonder about access to quality vintage oils. I have accumulated a dozen bottles or so over the last 30 years of what I believe to be quality oil… kind of absurd because you can only wear so much patchouli lol.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    2CFB35A5-D0CD-4906-AEDF-5913929FC877.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 116
My oud of the day will be the “Warming Sun” as soon as the mail gets delivered! That along with some sinensis co2 oils.

In the meanwhile it’s old oudline Malay super for a crazy multilayered peppery dense jungle madness.
 
The current batch of Rksons / essentialoilscompany sandalwood Is a very nice one. I’m still trying to wrap my head around longevity because I am smelling a lot of sandalwood another attars right now but the top and heart note on this batch are just like I like - more on the cool dry wood side and less on the sweet and warm side, for lack of better adjectives.

The last batch smelled a bit more dense -maybe older wood and perhaps had a little better tenacity but I am still not 100%sure, but it had a faint sweet/floral note that for me was a little distracting. I have smelled it in Sandalwood before I don’t know what to make of it.
 
I met with brother Jabir from An-Najwa a few days ago while I was visiting New Delhi. He was kind enough to give me a few samples from his collection. Currently trying one of them which is a mukhallat called "Kashir". A really lovely mix of Musk, Sandalwood, Shamama and maybe some other amber/spice elements. A very lovely and calming scent.
 
Civet De Nuit by ALD and Sultan Pasha.

Civet is going to be my new love. It’s amazing how such a stinky material with the perfumer’s art and skills can smell so delightful.

Growing up and visiting my village in India, we saw this animal called “Gondho Gokul”, Gondo meaning smell or smelly. We hated it for its smell. It used to come to eat the fruits and sometimes to eat the pet chicken and ducks.

On my recent trip to my village, I learnt it’s called Indian Civet Cat 😃

People in the village didn’t believe when I told them about the use of civet paste in perfumery.

There is a Civet Chypre from Meleg Perfumes, has anyone tried it?
 
Last edited:
Rksons’ latest sandalwood batch for me. I’ve had this for long enough to confirm that the fragrance lingers for a long time on the skin and a swipe on the forearm can be detected the next day as that classic clean dry cool sandalwood aura. This is a critical test for me and it is nice that the oil passed.
 
Rksons’ latest sandalwood batch for me. I’ve had this for long enough to confirm that the fragrance lingers for a long time on the skin and a swipe on the forearm can be detected the next day as that classic clean dry cool sandalwood aura. This is a critical test for me and it is nice that the oil passed.
I have the batch from last year and this year. I wore the one from this year on skin, lasted good long time. I have not compared them side by side. This is a good Indian Sandalwood oil for the price.
 
Back
Top