I haven't tried that De Profundis (& many more). Wish I could though!

Re CC: Not sure if it applies in your case, I found the vernal bitterness of galbanum and chrysanthemum in CC is more pronounced during colder months here. As it is quite hot & humid now, those elements somehow melt on my skin. Now it is also sweeter - image green and pink candy-like floral and balsamic smells (not sure if it makes sense!). Somehow the overall effect counterbalances those inherently bitter and green materials. Interestingly, I noticed a very clear rose note only recently in it! In my notes, which I hope to share as a detailed review (hopefully before 2023 🤦), I wrote this.


Re Chypre Narcisse: It begins like a tempestuous character - quite animalic - largely due to higher dose of narcissus and some other fancy stuffs. Though there is civet, it is not because of it. Instead, that's what make the florals in CN so beautiful later from heart to trail.

CN has so many twists and turns, it is quite fun taking notes on it. I have written about 2300-2400 words so far! To my nose, roughly speaking, CN formula = (Encens Chypre – fruits) + (L’Heure D’Or + more leather) + narcissus + more animalics + labdanum.

Chypre Narcisse trails as a gorgeous floral, animalic and honeyed leather composition. It is like the big sister of Encens Chypre and L'Heure D'Or!
Wow, that sounds amazing regarding CN. Can't wait to get some. Thank you!
 
Re Chypre Narcisse: It begins like a tempestuous character - quite animalic - largely due to higher dose of narcissus and some other fancy stuffs. Though there is civet, it is not because of it. Instead, that's what make the florals in CN so beautiful later from heart to trail.

CN has so many twists and turns, it is quite fun taking notes on it. I have written about 2300-2400 words so far! To my nose, roughly speaking, CN formula = (Encens Chypre – fruits) + (L’Heure D’Or + more leather) + narcissus + more animalics + labdanum.

Chypre Narcisse trails as a gorgeous floral, animalic and honeyed leather composition. It is like the big sister of Encens Chypre and L'Heure D'Or!
ooooh added to the list
 
Agar Fougere by Elixir Attar. This one slowly grew on me with repeated wears. Today I can really smell its musky qualities as well as the beautiful spices of cinnamon and wafts of lavender. The musky quality of the beautiful oud and oak moss makes the smoothest base that the top notes of spices, lavender and honeycomb sit on top of. I'm not a huge fan of Fougere's but the this one is my favorite by far. It's such an easy to appreciate smell that whenever I'm unsure of what to put on its my go to- versatile, masculine, beautiful, complex but easily appreciable and addictive.
 
EJayB's Siberian musk maceration in Mysore sandalwood.
on top of that, a pump of RPP's musk rose attar.

now, this is a pure musk nuclear.
I don't know why but rose note almost disappear at first and musk explodes.
the rose blossom beautifully in the dry down.

now I want to make my own musk sandal rose blend. it's dang good
 
Khalouq from ASO.

Got my hands on this and couldn't wait to crack it open. Well-balanced, immensely pleasing.
In deference to @Al Shareef Oudh I won't go into too much detail on the actual composition but it's sent my mind off to a quiet, wooden building on a mountain somewhere, a sacred place with a nice little teahouse where they get maybe two guests a week and make their own sweets to go with the tea.

Should've bought from ASO sooner.

doesnt sound anything particularly special from your description, especially considering the price.
 
Elixir Attar Al-Ghaliyah Bulgare Fleuri et Animalique. The most beautiful floral perfume/attar that I have come across. I get tons of lilacs in here, freesia, gardenia, lily of the valley, on a bed of ambergris and musk. Amazing how it uses so many floral enflourages that otherwise would have to be built upon accords. And the base is a perfect complement. I always think that upscale women in ancient Greece or Orient would wear this, thousand years ago. To me, totally unisex, but I can see some men feeling uncomfortable wearing this.
 
Back
Top