Vintage Santal Miti by Oudeology.....
This is becoming one of my favs.....it really does remind me of those youthful days in summer when we would be playing in the fields....and after a period of no rain for some time ...we would get a rain fall and that lovely earthy dusty/damp soil smell would linger in your nostrils....
Think my senses are finally coming alive after two years on this Oudh journey.....Subhanallah... :praying:
:praying:
 
Vintage Santal Miti by Oudeology.....
This is becoming one of my favs.....it really does remind me of those youthful days in summer when we would be playing in the fields....and after a period of no rain for some time ...we would get a rain fall and that lovely earthy dusty/damp soil smell would linger in your nostrils....
Think my senses are finally coming alive after two years on this Oudh journey.....Subhanallah... :praying:
:praying:
I love how perfumes trigger memories. They refresh your heart with those happy memories.
 
Elixir Attar 's Nahwand II, this has changed, has become sweater. I can sense a lot of Ambergris now.
Very easy to wear around people.
I have an experimental 3ml bottle of Royal Sandal with just small amount of white ambergris I got a while back from @Hamza H
It is quite beautiful already compared to the Sandal with no ambergris. Salty sea fresh creamy vanilla that is binding nicely....
 
Khalouq from ASO.

Got my hands on this and couldn't wait to crack it open. Well-balanced, immensely pleasing.
In deference to @Al Shareef Oudh I won't go into too much detail on the actual composition but it's sent my mind off to a quiet, wooden building on a mountain somewhere, a sacred place with a nice little teahouse where they get maybe two guests a week and make their own sweets to go with the tea.

Should've bought from ASO sooner.
 
Wearing a bespoke that Ahmed from Elixir did for me some time ago(before bespokes were so popular, ehem, ehem Ensar).
This one was made back in the day when I was looking for a Musk perfume that was different from what was available on the artisanal market. I think it is still different from anything out there. Many ingredients but the main notes are Siberian Deer Musk, Hindi Oud, and Chinese Osmanthus. The Osmanthus plays so well here with the oud and the musk. The leathery, slightly dirty nuances of Osmanthus perfectly complement the leathery aspects of the oud and musk. I just hope brother Ahmed still has the formula, I might need another bottle down the road🙂). Luckily, having such a large collection and going through all of them, even 30 ml bottles will probably last me a lifetime.
This one is my favorite Musk spray perfume, followed by Ensar's Private Blend, and the OG EO2.
 
Chypre Chrysantheme (Sultan Pasha): Quite a bitter green floral chypre. It is perfect in this hot & humid weather.
This one is indeed a unique Chypre due to the use of such an interesting floral. I still need to get Chypre Narcisse, I have the other 2. I'm not a huge fan of the way Chrysanthemum plays in this composition. Too many contrasts for my tastes. I think Chrysanthemum is too bitter and sharp of a floral for the warm chypre base in this. Have you tried the bell jar De Profundis from Lutens? IMO that one is the perfect use of such an "ugly duckling" flower as Chrysanthemum.
 
This one is indeed a unique Chypre due to the use of such an interesting floral. I still need to get Chypre Narcisse, I have the other 2. I'm not a huge fan of the way Chrysanthemum plays in this composition. Too many contrasts for my tastes. I think Chrysanthemum is too bitter and sharp of a floral for the warm chypre base in this. Have you tried the bell jar De Profundis from Lutens? IMO that one is the perfect use of such an "ugly duckling" flower as Chrysanthemum.
I haven't tried that De Profundis (& many more). Wish I could though!

Re CC: Not sure if it applies in your case, I found the vernal bitterness of galbanum and chrysanthemum in CC is more pronounced during colder months here. As it is quite hot & humid now, those elements somehow melt on my skin. Now it is also sweeter - image green and pink candy-like floral and balsamic smells (not sure if it makes sense!). Somehow the overall effect counterbalances those inherently bitter and green materials. Interestingly, I noticed a very clear rose note only recently in it! In my notes, which I hope to share as a detailed review (hopefully before 2023 🤦), I wrote this.
The rose here comes across very airy with a touch of sweetness. Imagine you dabbed some rose absolute and then wore a drop or two of a nice bulgarian/turkish rose hydrosol (I find they tend to be sweeter than Persians and Taifis). It's adjacent to a hyacinth (like) smell.

Re Chypre Narcisse: It begins like a tempestuous character - quite animalic - largely due to higher dose of narcissus and some other fancy stuffs. Though there is civet, it is not because of it. Instead, that's what make the florals in CN so beautiful later from heart to trail.

CN has so many twists and turns, it is quite fun taking notes on it. I have written about 2300-2400 words so far! To my nose, roughly speaking, CN formula = (Encens Chypre – fruits) + (L’Heure D’Or + more leather) + narcissus + more animalics + labdanum.

Chypre Narcisse trails as a gorgeous floral, animalic and honeyed leather composition. It is like the big sister of Encens Chypre and L'Heure D'Or!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top