Two new arrivals from Alteya Organics: rose otto 2022 crop and rose absolute. The otto is delicious - there’s nothing I love more than a rose oil so fresh that it still has a little bit of the still note to it. This oil smells fantastic - so fresh and tangy. Ahhhhhhhhh….. Been a couple of years since I have purchased fresh otto.
 
Following up on previous post: this batch of rose absolute is not of the same quality as the previous Alteya absolutes I have purchased. Last two batches were super rich and “dank” rose absolutes. This one is thinner in viscosity and in scent and paler golden in color, not the rich red. Absolutely ordinary and a disappointment for sure. A cinnamon aspect of rose is most evident in this oil

Edit: another swipe of the distilled rose oil. Holy crap. Singing tart lemon right up to my brain… can still just barely smell the cooked petals and still notes. Perfection
 
Last edited:
A swipe of Majmua on right hand and black musk on left. Thanks for the samples @RisingPhoenix

Black musk is, well dark, sweet, musky, rosy, smooth suede and all the other good things. Reminds me of agarbatties(incense sticks) and dhoop offered in temples, back in India. So, beautiful.

Majmua is gorgeously citrusy, jasmine, green incense, vanilla, santal.

Beautiful.
 
Following up on previous post: this batch of rose absolute is not of the same quality as the previous Alteya absolutes I have purchased. Last two batches were super rich and “dank” rose absolutes. This one is thinner in viscosity and in scent and paler golden in color, not the rich red. Absolutely ordinary and a disappointment for sure. A cinnamon aspect of rose is most evident in this oil

Edit: another swipe of the distilled rose oil. Holy crap. Singing tart lemon right up to my brain… can still just barely smell the cooked petals and still notes. Perfection
Do you think that otto is suitable for musk maceration?
 
Decided to wear some patchouli today! I’ve always loved this smell. This oil is a dark aged version from Frankie & Myrrh. A cool company I found on Etsy. The packaging was full of humor and stickers and good vibes.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
2022 batch of Alteya organics bulgarian rose otto. The stuff is so recent the still notes are still prominent (as is usually the case when I order from alteya). this is how I prefer a rose oil. The still notes will be completely gone within a few of months of opening the bottle and it becomes a cleaner more dignified Rose scent, but I love the wildness of the very fresh oil.
 
2022 batch of Alteya organics bulgarian rose otto. The stuff is so recent the still notes are still prominent (as is usually the case when I order from alteya). this is how I prefer a rose oil. The still notes will be completely gone within a few of months of opening the bottle and it becomes a cleaner more dignified Rose scent, but I love the wildness of the very fresh oil.
sounds great! I only have some rose absolute which is very dark and viscous and your post has me looking up this rose oil. I'd never wear it though
 
sounds great! I only have some rose absolute which is very dark and viscous and your post has me looking up this rose oil. I'd never wear it though
I wear it only when at home - not quite confident to rock rose oil as a personal fragrance. I love a good rose oil however
 
I’ve been revisiting the Alteya rose absolute 2022. I was disappointed by the oil when I first smelled it, and it still seems relatively weak, almost as if it has a higher percentage of wax is and a lower percentage of essential oils. Maybe they are using some new technique to get higher yield by extracting more wax?

I still think the impact of this oil is weak, compared to previous batches from this company, but it does have some interesting appealing fruity and fresh aspects of Rose that I haven’t smelled in a rose absolute before and which is also quite distinct from the scent of the otto.

So I would say this oil is worth having as a specimen and it isn’t too expensive either - less than $10/ml if I recall correctly
 
Rose absolute 2022 from alteya. This oil was not impressive at first compared to their 2019 and 2021 absolutes (which I also have in my stash). I still feel those earlier absolutes were more rich and voluptuous and saturated with rose fragrance. This absolute however presents a fresh and lifelike aspect of rose that is completely absent from the Turkish rose absolutes I have sampled less obvious or missing in the other Bulgarian absolutes I have tried.

If you are a person who loves Rose oil and is interested in having a variety of different aspects of the scent, this batch might be worth a sample.


On my other wrist, I have some patchouly absolute (Robertet). This is a special patchouly absolute compared to the other ones I have smelled. More camphor and borneol and less dried hay. Nice oil!
 
Rose absolute 2022 from alteya. This oil was not impressive at first compared to their 2019 and 2021 absolutes (which I also have in my stash). I still feel those earlier absolutes were more rich and voluptuous and saturated with rose fragrance. This absolute however presents a fresh and lifelike aspect of rose that is completely absent from the Turkish rose absolutes I have sampled less obvious or missing in the other Bulgarian absolutes I have tried.

If you are a person who loves Rose oil and is interested in having a variety of different aspects of the scent, this batch might be worth a sample.


On my other wrist, I have some patchouly absolute (Robertet). This is a special patchouly absolute compared to the other ones I have smelled. More camphor and borneol and less dried hay. Nice oil!

I use the Alteya white rose hydrosol on my face with argan oil, gives me much better results than fancy moisturizers! Will get some of the absolute eventually but they don't ship direct to UK anymore (Brexit lol).
 
Back
Top