Thanks that’s by far the best picture of him I’ve ever taken. I’ll give him a couple of extra belly rubs for you if he will let me. He has strong opinions about when this is and is not ok.
 
Etro sandalo. This is about as close as I can come to really liking a commercial perfume. The first four hours I can live without, but the dry down of this perfume is quite nice. I used to like this one across the board but the top notes are too aggressive and intense for me. I really have a hard time with commercially formulated fragrances because they all seem to be boosted in some way or another with synthetics… or something.

I find these commercial fragrances to be so concerned with performance and longevity that the fixatives end up taking over the whole composition. They want a 'freeze frame' expression which prioritises longevity of top notes. The Etro Pauchouly I find too strong to use on my person, but have been using it to scent curtains and blankets, it's a nice dilute way to enjoy the composition, plus patchouli is proven to aid sleep!
 
Last edited:
Vetiveryl acetate manufactured by Ventos. From Haitian vetiver. If I understand things right this is an artificially oxidized vetiver oil. Interesting - a bit of a tangy or sharp note - otherwise quite a bit like plain old vetiver oil but with more bite than typical Haitian oil. Not sure if it’s worth a purchase or not.
 
“One would even pay up to $50 for the empty bottle only”


One would? Why? For an empty bottle!? What have we all gone mad? 🙂

You know you are an oud addict when…
 
“One would even pay up to $50 for the empty bottle only”


One would? Why? For an empty bottle!? What have we all gone mad? 🙂

You know you are an oud addict when…
This bottle sir🙂 isn’t it fantastic?
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    E279D04A-2BFA-401D-A072-13681DD54F33.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 72
I don’t know… those crystal bottles are like costume jewelry to me. I’ve always decanted the oils into amber vials and tossed the faux fancy bottles myself. They leak and the metal gets weird with oud. I could imagine saving one that I had used up as a memento i guess.
 
I respect you for that choice, especially for the oils. However, this is a spray bottle and it just looks phenomenal imo.
 
I respect you for that choice, especially for the oils. However, this is a spray bottle and it just looks phenomenal imo.
Got it and it’s kind of stupid of me to act like my preferences matter with something like this. As a spray bottle, that would be pretty nice, and I could see making my own mixtures in it.
 
Alteya rose absolute 2022 batch. As I said before, much different from previous years and less rich and juicy, but a very delicate and delightful absolute.
 
And some “patchouli heart SFE” from Firmenich. This is a special patchouli to my nose - ordinary on first sniff but really shines as it settles - really reminiscent of the patch note in a fine shamama attar in some way I don’t get from my other patchouli oils.
 
377 Kahvesi II from Abdullah Mellifluence, haven't worn is a long time, so rich, coffee, comforting.


parts list: Materials: Burmese Agarwood, Civet Absolute, Coffee Absolute, Coffee CO2, Coffee Flower Absolute, Peru Balsam, Tolu Balsam, Buddhawood EO, Khas Exclusive EO, Opoponax Absolute, Sri Lankan Sandalwood E, Chinese Silk Vine EO, Mongolian Deer Musk
 
Last edited:
Peter Wilde jasmine florasol today. Very nice deep jasmine oil with well balanced floral / indole.
 
Back
Top