Jasmine grandiflorum florasol extract again today - narcotic sweet complex tangy jasmine. Best in my stash
 
Patchouli heart SFE (firmenich 970929 according to the label). I can’t put my finger on what I like so much about this patchouly, but it is really amazing. I’m close it just smells like another dense patchouly oil. From a distance it keeps captivating my interest - a certain liveliness and sparkle that reminds me of good quality traditional Indian attars.
 
“2 Scents” 2021 by Olefaktory. This is some kind of frankincense / kinam blend or codistillation (set me straight if you see this, EJayB).

This is for me the “best”frankincense I have smelled, hands down, especially in terms of the dry down, but also in terms of all stages of the scent. It leaves a perfect sweetened frankincense Impression on the skin after it evaporates for a while. I can’t say that I smell the kinam, but it’s clearly harmonizing and modifying the frankincense in a wonderful way.

Great stuff!!! Sits at the pinnacle of my frankincense oil collection.
 
Shamama from Kannauj India ,never knew in our country (India)we have amazing quality blends
I am surprised to hear that you are surprised but my impressions are all second hand and I know that finding authentic material can be challenging. in my mind, India has always felt like the cradle of scent civilization! Especially after reading anespecially after reading, all of the “fragrant harvest” newsletters, that white lotus used to publish about their exploration: Attars, ruhs, degs, sandalwood, jasmine, gulab, Assam oud… but I’ve never been there.
 
“2 Scents” 2021 by Olefaktory. This is some kind of frankincense / kinam blend or codistillation (set me straight if you see this, EJayB).

This is for me the “best”frankincense I have smelled, hands down, especially in terms of the dry down, but also in terms of all stages of the scent. It leaves a perfect sweetened frankincense Impression on the skin after it evaporates for a while. I can’t say that I smell the kinam, but it’s clearly harmonizing and modifying the frankincense in a wonderful way.

Great stuff!!! Sits at the pinnacle of my frankincense oil collection.
Codistillation and the kinam acts as a fixative, glad you like it
 
I would say “like” is an understatement. I’ve been seeking the frankincense holy grail since the summer of ‘91 (first time I bought an authentic oil of frankincense, liked it, but felt something was missing or overemphasized).
 
Patmisht by Kashti.

Kaafila II by Ahom Oud.

Both based around heavy florals, khus, saffron, sandalwood and oud. These shine best in hot weather, which is why I took them to India with me. Doing lots of swimming so I get to wear multiple attars a day. Am only away for 2 weeks but I must have brought 20 attars with me 😳. You know you're an ouddict when...
 
This is a girl scouts thin mint soaked in coffee and oud.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
I received this one as a gift after other purchases, which seems like ages ago. I didn't appreciate the couple of swipes I used but after revisiting it recently ,,, it really suits me. A blond roast coffee with mint and sandalwood. It's a mature gourmand that's more bitter than sweet.
 
Blue Kalabar by EO
Amber de Coco Parfum by ALD

AdC is highly sophisticated and enrapturing scent. This is ALD's signature, in my view.

As usual, first swiped the Attar, and after an hour sprayed the perfume. BK is soft, serene and soothing fragrance. A nice one indeed! But AdC's aroma annihilated the spell created by the Attar.
 
Back
Top