West Java Patchouli '17 from Yusa layered with ASO Istanbuli rose. These 2 can be quite overpowering by themselves but somehow they bring softness to each other while remaining expansive. Took me a while to find something which goes with this rose as it is so massive, this is like eating white chocolate in a rose garden after rain.

Had a sniff of the Dr. Incense lotus and it absolutely blew me away, I have a few blue lotus items but nothing on this level. I could feel the mind bending effect of the lotus as if I had really consumed it. Wish I had bought the larger bottle!
 
Last edited:
If you dig through this article, you will see that lotus oils vary hugely in terms of their chemical composition. I found this article fascinating to look through.

Edit - wrong article. It’s just compares fresh flowers to pick flowers I believe.

How incredibly fascinating, thank you mr P for bringing this paper to my attention! I wonder if any of our artisanal perfumers have been able to utilise this data when creating their perfumes?
 
Last edited:
Mellifluence - Ye Lai Xiang(如來香)
Ye Lai, 如來 is a Buddhism term used which means enlightened beings(very abridged description)
I was quite curious about why Abdullah gave this name to this particular oil.

it's my first time wearing it so I can't much about it but the first impression I got is that it does remind me of China and a Buddhist temple.
I don't know why but I keep imagining a stone carved buddha statue that holding a lotus in its hands while smelling this oil.

theres' a number of florals I pickup in this blend but osmanthus is the only one I tell for sure. and some powderiness that reminds me of smoothly polished stone. I pick up some woody backbon as well. all the notes are seamlessly woven together so it's hard to tell individual notes.
as a whole, I get this very calming, meditative feeling.

I like it very much, and I'm very happy to have it in my collection.
Hey May I very kindly ask if you by any chance would be able to decant this? Thanks! 🙇🏻‍♀️
 
Has anyone tried Rose de Taif (the extrait de parfum version) by Perris Monte Carlo?
Curious. I'm looking for a spray, not oil, solifolore/rose - or as close as I can get to a spray soliflore rose.

In a highly uncharacteristic move, I ended up blind buying this Rose de Taif (extrait version, not the EdP),

This is a stunningly gorgeous soliflore and a veritable love letter to the Taif rose. It opens up bright and lemony, but that quickly gives way to a very luscious rosy heart. Geranium is present, though it does not take away from the rose (at least for me). As the heart reveals itself, it gets warmer and warmer.

In spray form, this is the closest I have ever gotten to the scent of freshly picked flowers. I am 3 hours in and I smell like a rose garden threw up on me 🙂 🙂 10/10, would recommend if you are looking for a soliflore spray.
 
Hello Ouddicts 🙂

Usually, I am not in love with Attars …
But few attars are very pleasant !

Jinkoh Store Bluephoria
The Oud Lab Purple Haze
AA Green Kyara

JS Bluephoria is my favorite Attar with Ananda QI & Iris from Jinkoh store !!
Bluephoria smell sooo beautiful lotus with frankincense !!! It’s floral , sweet and incensy lemony ! Strong projection and good lasting !

TOL Purple Haze is crazy Oudy !!! Rosy!!!
And lots of other smell very well rounded and mixed !! This attar is Thick like a oud oil and I can imagine the quantity of oud oil used !!! (TOL Tabak Oud is also very Ouddy and strong lasting )
It doesn’t smell Hindi oud or traditional Attar ( Like TOL Badshah )
Purple Haze smell beautiful Clean Malay oil like clean Borneo with Purple flowers !!! Strong projection, and very very long lasting ! Almost as much as a pure oud oil and this remind me that this attars is full of thick Oud oils !
This is my favorite Attar from TOL !

AA Green Kyara is the most satisfying Attar I have in my collection ! This make me immediately smiling 🙂
Hard to describe bit I get Fresh Mint, Chinese herbal, Medicinal notes with Oudiness !

I like wearing Attars, it’s stronger than Pur Oud oil…
When I want to wearing a perfume for other peoples, I swipe attars instead of Perfume as I don’t like perfumes …

But if I want to smell good only for me…
I swipe Oud oils ! It’s my favorite scent !!
It’s subtle and I love it over everything

I wish you all a very good swipes Ouddicts 🙂
May I very kindly ask if you by any chance would be interested to decant abit of bluephoria? Perhaps 0.1ml? Thanks!
 
Hello Ouddicts 🙂

Usually, I am not in love with Attars …
But few attars are very pleasant !

Jinkoh Store Bluephoria
The Oud Lab Purple Haze
AA Green Kyara

JS Bluephoria is my favorite Attar with Ananda QI & Iris from Jinkoh store !!
Bluephoria smell sooo beautiful lotus with frankincense !!! It’s floral , sweet and incensy lemony ! Strong projection and good lasting !

TOL Purple Haze is crazy Oudy !!! Rosy!!!
And lots of other smell very well rounded and mixed !! This attar is Thick like a oud oil and I can imagine the quantity of oud oil used !!! (TOL Tabak Oud is also very Ouddy and strong lasting )
It doesn’t smell Hindi oud or traditional Attar ( Like TOL Badshah )
Purple Haze smell beautiful Clean Malay oil like clean Borneo with Purple flowers !!! Strong projection, and very very long lasting ! Almost as much as a pure oud oil and this remind me that this attars is full of thick Oud oils !
This is my favorite Attar from TOL !

AA Green Kyara is the most satisfying Attar I have in my collection ! This make me immediately smiling 🙂
Hard to describe bit I get Fresh Mint, Chinese herbal, Medicinal notes with Oudiness !

I like wearing Attars, it’s stronger than Pur Oud oil…
When I want to wearing a perfume for other peoples, I swipe attars instead of Perfume as I don’t like perfumes …

But if I want to smell good only for me…
I swipe Oud oils ! It’s my favorite scent !!
It’s subtle and I love it over everything

I wish you all a very good swipes Ouddicts 🙂
May I very kindly ask if you by any chance will be able to decant 0.3ml of bluephoria? Looking to sample this as it seems intriguing enough, thanks so much!
 
Laotian Oud by Craft Oud, Musk Sandal Neroli Maceration Oil Blend: After a year or so, now it is Oud Musk Neroli Attar. Early spring and this fragrance! Beautiful!
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Last night before jumping into bed to read for a bit, I swiped 'mysuru ambur' by Imperial Oud - bought in May 2018, so it's almost 5 years old!
I don't think I'm a fan of sandalwood + ambergris together. It's a bit weird smelling, but not in a pleasant kind of way, like you get with super barny Hindis.
I only have a few other sandal/ambergris blends - one by Tyson and I think it's a nicer blend, shall have to give that a go to compare.

Today I have sprayed 'Atlantic Ambergris 2' by Areej le Dore. Ambergris works much better here, I think it's an ingredient that effectively works far better blended with other stuff that almost in isolation.
 
It's a bit weird smelling, but not in a pleasant kind of way, like you get with super barny Hindis.
So stranger, dear Sproaty. I myself had acquired that oil, and that was a nice pleasant aquatic sandal. Your ex[ression 'super barny Hindi' is ... .
one by Tyson and I think it's a nicer blend
This is still with me, and it has grown nicer into nicer. Tyson brought us stunning fragrances indeed.

it's an ingredient that effectively works far better blended with other stuff that almost in isolation
If ambergris and sandal are macerated well, and both are of good quality, the scent is gorgeous, always gorgeous. In blend, at least I never sense the specific DNA of ambergris at all.
 
“I don't think I'm a fan of sandalwood + ambergris together. It's a bit weird smelling, but not in a pleasant kind of way”

The only ambergris that I have found truly pleasant has been the older stuff, basically bleached white. My experience with darker specimens has not been as pleasant.
 
“I don't think I'm a fan of sandalwood + ambergris together. It's a bit weird smelling, but not in a pleasant kind of way”

The only ambergris that I have found truly pleasant has been the older stuff, basically bleached white. My experience with darker specimens has not been as pleasant.
Evolution in views does happen. Till 2021 I used to go for only grey ambergris. Now I am all into black. White one I liked but once when Tyson used it in his my all time fav blends. Maybe, I couldn't use the white one meticulously.
 
Back
Top