Patchouli, iron free, from indonesia. purchased an ounce of this from white lotus and it has been aging in the dark since I got it in 2003. It has aged nicely - become a little smoother and tangier with time. I enjoy patchouli greatly. Some
stickiness on the cap due to some patchouli residue. I was just petting my cat and you can see his contribution if you look closely.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    7DC78975-9500-48F8-9210-A26F603B3B57.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 91
My khus oil is very thick and concentrated. It has some woody notes like old books and slight mold. Alcohol perfectly dissolved it and made the aroma a little lighter. I put 1.5ml oil in 9ml atomizer and topped it with ethanol.
I love my Khus sweet and clean. I have few specific Khus that I love.

I made a blend with Sandalwood, Turkish Rose Otto, Bergamots and some cucumber oil/abs to it.

I may add some hydro distill oakmoss.

This has been sitting over a year now, waiting for the summer heat
 
Patchouli, iron free, from indonesia. purchased an ounce of this from white lotus and it has been aging in the dark since I got it in 2003. It has aged nicely - become a little smoother and tangier with time. I enjoy patchouli greatly. Some
stickiness on the cap due to some patchouli residue. I was just petting my cat and you can see his contribution if you look closely.
Patchouli smells wonderful.

From recent purchases I enjoy the Patchouli MD from hermitage, actually smelled aged patchouli. I think MD does that to patchouli.

I have an aged patchouli from RBO, I must revisit.
 
Sounds nice - MD means molecular distillate? I have a couple of fractionated patchouli oils and they are very nice indeed.
 
corduene- i’ve been wearing this a lot as i keep returning to understand it’s complexity.

at first i got a very direct singular smell of bangladeshi oud- laquered cherry wood smooth and sweet in the opening. then i would watch that fade as other qualities opened up but it seemed so prominent at first i was missing a lot of nuance seeing this one accord. with more wearings i learned a lot..

after the initial blast of sweet cherry wood it becomes distinctly dusty as the costus mingles with the other notes.

the main accord then becomes the most rugged leather i have ever smelled. it is black, freshly tanned and thick. it has a beastly distinct leather quality, i can glimpse the sweetness of the myrrh, the complex whirling of depth of sweet and bitter leathery qualities. it is kind of kaleidoscopic as notes come in and out but the leather is photorealistic and very masculine. this is one that provides a beautiful cohesive impression from afar, but inhaling up close you can really get the main players individually as well if i pay really close attention: the scent feels rustic and strong, slightly bitter dusty and medicinal creating moreso the space where the leather is tanned with drying hides all around and dust from the hot earth pervading

but then listening to the multiple accords i can find that bright cherry oud peeking out, the myrrh adding that bit of sweetness to maintain balance, the costus adding dusty earthy slightly bitter life into the scene and pulling it all together.

these are the main thing i get, it’s a wonderful perfume but it’s one i need to pay a lot of attention to, but it’s extremely rewarding to do so and i learn so much with each wearing
 
Sunset in Mysore - Jinkoh store
My first artisinal Attar.

Opens with a blast of green sweet and sour juicy apple backboned with a creamy spicy scent.
After some hours, the apple goes back and the sandalwood and animalic notes become dominant. Its like its a new attar now. Animalic creamy and spicy but not overwhelming.
The drydown is beautiful sandalwoody and buttery.

To be honest the first time I tested this attar. The middle animalic phase turned me off and I didnt like it. But now I really like this blend. Maybe the back of my hand wasnt clean or I was stressed when tried first.
 
Exploring Di Ser's offerings. Hasunoito currently. My sister sells Di Ser in her shop and recommends them.

Hasunoito: This scent is based on the lotus flower which is the symbol of Diser. This well-balanced perfume reaches its harmony through adding Boronia, Lotus and Rose to a base of Kyara and Agarwood. The Lotus expresses strength and softness as it blossoms forth its beautiful flower wheel from amidst the mud.
 
Exploring Di Ser's offerings. Hasunoito currently. My sister sells Di Ser in her shop and recommends them.

Hasunoito: This scent is based on the lotus flower which is the symbol of Diser. This well-balanced perfume reaches its harmony through adding Boronia, Lotus and Rose to a base of Kyara and Agarwood. The Lotus expresses strength and softness as it blossoms forth its beautiful flower wheel from amidst the mud.
Looks like an interesting line — checking them out. Curious to hear what you think of this one.
 
Exploring Di Ser's offerings. Hasunoito currently. My sister sells Di Ser in her shop and recommends them.
Hasunoito: This scent is based on the lotus flower which is the symbol of Diser. This well-balanced perfume reaches its harmony through adding Boronia, Lotus and Rose to a base of Kyara and Agarwood. The Lotus expresses strength and softness as it blossoms forth its beautiful flower wheel from amidst the mud.

I have sampled quite a few of Diser’s offerings and find my two favorites to be Kyara and Hana Matsuri. I own a bottle of each plus a back up of Hana (picked it up cheap). I will spray some tonight. I highly recommend it.

First smelled from an @PROUST MADELINE spray in a parking lot behind a venue where a very well known Punk band was playing their set! We probably looked like crackheads sharing a rock when we were just swiping and spraying some precious aromatics. I believe the scent association of the fragrance is embedded in my brain due to the awesomeness of the moment. THE most famous individual in town at the time was standing right next to me and it was pretty special for sure, what a great perfume. Highly recommended!
 
Szechuan pepper co2 layered with orange blossom absolute. At first it smelled just like bergamot… later on a dry pepperiness reminiscent of some ouds lingers for a while. Very surprising combo and development. I also read somewhere that they have figured out what the molecule is that causes that peppery fragrance and can synthesize it, and some big f+f company/ies will be selling it

If you have ever nibbled on Szechuan peppercorns you know the tingling / numbness created on the lips and tongue. I got a tad of the co2 oil on my lip and subsequently on my tongue and it was delightful and very tingly.
 
Back
Top