Ensar Oud Sultan Leather Attar, the OG version.
To me, one of the best things I've smelt in my entire life. I could swipe this days on end and never get bored. All year round. Summer fragrances, fuck's that?
One of the best attars ever created, no doubt. This one and Thebes Grade 1 are something to learn from. The only attars I have backup bottles of.
 
I got some Eden botanical samples the other day. Their Jasmine oil from India is nice. good balance of notes not too much indole or mothball aspect. Most of the Indian jasmine I have smelled is either very pleasant but bland, or very funky and indole heavy. This is in the former category. I wouldn’t say it’s exactly bland, but it also doesn’t send my mind off into exotic places like a really fine jasmine. If I were looking for a nice neutral, Jasmine to blend into a perfume, this might be a good one.

I think I prefer this to their oil from Egypt, because that one has messed up top notes that smell like contamination with violet leaf. That said, the Egyptian Jasmine is more lively and fresh smelling than the Indian after that weird topnote fades.

I also got co2 extracts of fenugreek and linden blossom.

The fenugreek oil has very little scent and fades quickly on the skin, and has none of the marvelous warm that the absolute has. This must be an extract that emphasizes fats and fixed oils over fragrant materials. I am not really sure what it would be useful for.

The Linden Blossom CO2 is crystal clear and smells pretty much like very rotten fruit. I don’t know what linden flower CO2 is supposed to smell like, but this smells like flowers that sat for a while and started to ferment and decay. I was quite very excited to see linden oil from a reputable source available again. I have two other linden blossom oils that are very pleasant. My favorite is an absolute from Tisserand: it is thick dark brown with a rich and sweet linden flower - Tabaco - coumarin scent that is very luxurious.

I think Biolandes / Eden carries product from many different producers and extractors. In my experience their oils are kind of hit or miss. Some of the best smelling things in my collection come from Eden, but I’ve also had a number of disappointing purchases of late.

Very happy this vendor exists but I miss White Lotus Aromatics more every day. I don’t think anyone has filled Christopher’s shoes yet.
 
Last edited:
What I do with that one is to overapply it to my shirt the day before, and enjoy the amazing drydown all day.

Mukhallat Shams by Ajmal

Only Ajmal can make such an Oudh heavy perfume at this price point IMO. Superbly done, just wish it lasted a little longer. Full bottle worthy for sure, even if its just to layer with something else as the rose isn't that prominent to me.
 
Wearing ASO Jumaana which i believe is a blend of Oud, musk & jasmine. Ive never been a fan of Jasmine but thats all changed after smelling this! Id define this as dark, floral, woody a very seductive aroma. The balance is just right with each raw material complimenting eachother. This is beautiful blend i cant stop sniffing my wrist
 
Wearing ASO Jumaana which i believe is a blend of Oud, musk & jasmine. Ive never been a fan of Jasmine but thats all changed after smelling this! Id define this as dark, floral, woody a very seductive aroma. The balance is just right with each raw material complimenting eachother. This is beautiful blend i cant stop sniffing my wrist

I love how clean the musk is in this blend too, it brings a lot of freshness considering the depth of the oud and jasmine. I imagine myself wearing this to a night at the opera.

Right now I'm wearing 'June Flower' enfleurage from Wild Veil, a narcotic co-enfleurage/co-harvest of white peony, gardenia, star jasmine, rosa damascena, rosa alba. This is very heady but zero projection sadly, wrist only.
 
Alteya Organics: Rose Absolute Oil
Batch: 2022

Beautiful rose 🌹
PSX_20230630_195538.jpg
 
Back
Top