Malik al ward by mosafir (musk men rai munir)
(imerging rose )

A pure natural attar will help you learn many things in perfumery and will take you at a stage where no one or no cheap attar can deceive you anymore.
20240213_094833 (2).jpg

For example if you sniff malik al ward it tells how rose can change its character with musk and ambergris how oud going to be after an year blended with musk and rose. it will describe you character of musk oud rose seprately and altogather what should be and how should be a high grade multi rose and multi oud blend perfoms togather.

Malik al ward is about imerging rose its like the sun Ray .
start of this attar will confuse you either its the first ray of sun before submission of darkness or last Ray of day before darkness will prevail.

In Visionery concept of malik al ward artist has siezed the moment for while where rose is shinning imerging from the dark ocean of musk and ambergris eye to eye with dense multi layered oud intact.
Layers of rose due to different rose used here and multi oud tones holding togather before darkness of ambergris and musk take over .

Its a bridge between vintage oriental oud rose into modern last glimpse of beautiful rose.
Its not about being beautiful or romantic harmonay. its about survival and legacy
About reputation.
The rose which has survied till the last RAY is malik al ward .

Malik of all Roses.

And yes Malik al ward is the Last sun Ray ahead of long dark night. confusion is ended after 2 to 3 hour rose is fadding musk is swallowing rose , powerfull potent musk and black ambergris.
But the story Malik is ward has written is legacy of one of Rose VS oud musk blend.

Love is everything ,we are only pieces.
Rumi
 
Today I'm wearing my second custom blend. Here I was inspired by the blue spikenard I got from @RisingPhoenix and wanted to try creating a blend that showcased this special woodsy note (which reads to my nose as "smoky, woodsy" but "woodsy" in a very, very different way from oud).

I blended deer musk grains, macerated in sandalwood, with a good amount of Oud Said from @mesOUD (a particularly fascinating oud oil, it has a smoothness I haven't experienced in other ouds), then added spikenard, a good amount of Taif rose oil from @wardlab, and at this point, I noticed the spikenard was very powerful and overwhelming the blend. Then I got into "OK, I guess I'll experiment and trust my intuition" mode and added blue lotus, cinnamon oil, tuberose, bergamot, and finally some pure sandalwood.

Overnight, the blend started to come together, and I'm very pleased with it. It smells of winter spices, fresh and peppery, green and forested. It's very much unlike any other scent I have, and actually how it turned out wasn't what I had in mind at first, but that's OK 🙂

Very satisfying to experiment and I feel like I'm learning a lot.
Wow it is truly amazing to see what a community we have here. An incubator of aromatic wonders and curiosity and connection. Everyone experimenting and congratulating. It is a blessing to be able to contribute to some of these beautiful creations. Ouddict is a humble, small board but it is carries the passion and knowledge of many. It is truly an honor to be part of how scent can be so transformative in everyone's lives. ❤️🌹🌸
 
Elevation by @Al Shareef Oudh

Opens medicinal and bitter-sweet with dark cacao like nuances on skin. The whole concept lies somewhere between classical French perfume and an oud-based perfume. This is something a French classically trained perfumer would do if they had tradition of swiping oud growing up. Basically, have oud running through the blood. Quite literally. Not Joking.
Powdery, antique wood.
Musky but not fecal or ammoniacal.
Start smelling resinous oud after 1 hour of the wearing.
If I had to categorize this composition as an Oud soliflore just for the sake of comparison with other similar genre of perfumes, then I would say this is most beautiful, most wearable, most deluxe, and most well-built of them all.
On the blotter it is same but with more pronounced floral and musky threads. It is very understated but always there. I got a refined castoreum like leather nuance on blotter that I did not get on skin.
In a nutshell, best sublime oud scent. I would compare it to sleeping on a silk pillow.

I had written a whole two pages of notes. Can’t find it. Probably saved under some other folder or some other name on my laptop. But, you get the idea.
 
King Tut 4.0 - Rising Phoenix Perfumery

The latest and greatest Blue Lotus attar from RPP.

Having tried the 3.0 version I had a certain expectation for this one. I sort of expected something very light and high pitched. Personally I never got much of the hype in relation to blue lotus. Why have blue lotus when you can have Jasmine, lily, Rose or Champaca I figured. I was actually partially led astray with a blue lotus fragrance from another vendor which also uses Jasmine. In that particular case, the Jasmine overshadows the blue lotus. If you want to smell blue lotus used in a complete composition. This has got to be on your list.

When I first sniffed from the vial I was pleasantly surprised. Way more initial power and depth to my nose than the 3.0. Right after applying I thought we may have lost the Blue Lotus note in what are now some slightly deeper citrus tones reminiscent of bitter blood orange juice. The fragrance is a sunny uplifting fragrance with medicinal tones. While most of JK’s attars stay out of the realm of smelling like aromatherapy concoctions. This one actually has just a touch of it on the opening and straddles that line brilliantly. Smells almost like a great all-natural soap right on the opening…. In fact if he ever made this into a soap, or a cream, I think we’d be in for a real treat.

A minute or two after applying when the top notes have burnt off a little bit you get the delicate floral and white tea notes from the blue lotus. The scent eventually settles down as the oud, leather and ambergris backbone come forward.

I know JK doesn’t intend for each iteration of an oil to be an “improvement” per se (he just makes the best of the ingredients he has access to at the time he’s making it is what I have gathered) but this is just so much more full of character than the last version. I think it would be especially enjoyable in the summer months or at the start of the day where the characterful opening can really shine. It’s also a really solid intro to the note of Blue Lotus and a great attar all-around.
 
Last edited:
Tabeer Oud - Attar Ansa’ar.
A wonderful traditional smelling attar built around Jasmine, Oud, Musk & Ambergris.
Dark, brooding, yet also a refined rounded animalic base supported by the freshness of Jasmine Sambac & also Rose (although it isn’t mentioned in the note breakdown). To my nose the Oud used here is Indonesian, with its incensey, dark lacquered wood, green camphor effect.
Although I’m only using a 0.3g sample, there’s a large amount of Musk & Ambergris sticking to the bottom of the vial. The animalics provide a very regal leathery, mature sweet touch, the balance is perfect. Attar Ansa’ar drys down to a superb powdery, resinous, floral finish. A very satisfying wear.
 
Last edited:
Kyoto Gyoen - Rising Phoenix Perfumery

If you love florals, citrus, patchouli, incense and, of course, oud. Just get some. This is a floral/oriental delight.

By far one of the most “clean” and “western-friendly” natural perfumes I have smelled. This is also the most unisex offering I’ve smelled (so far) from JK offering both the most amazing sweet florals as well as a fresh woody backbone.

The drydown is agarwood and sweet cinnamonic incense.

I read one of the reviews saying this one is “just okay” not really understanding where people’s expectations come from. This certainly exceeded mine for an all-natural floral/oriental/incense fragrance.

Great wear. I usually wear this one at work or when I want to smell a little cleaner than I would from wearing something heavier in the ouds and/or animalics.
 
I've been in what I can best describe as an intoxication of musk today. Started off wearing Ibraheem Al Quarshi's Musk Ghazal, a very strange commercial mukhallat, not at all like the usual scents sold under this name, this one smells refined and daresay it, natural. Sweet, powdery, and rosy with heaps of musk without the usual, oddly dried soft drink note present, also quite thin in viscosity.

I then wore some of Tabeer Oud's Attar Ansa’ar, pushing the envelope a bit in the direction of animalic undertones, from the musk and ambergris, though never being overshadowed by, or letting the wonderful jasmine sambac note take over. Offering an almost second skin sort of profile, a wonderful balance between animalic, floral and sweet notes, all laced in an addictive saltiness.

There's a moment in your journey with a scent, when it just clicks. When enjoyment transforms into intense adoration, when the "like" turns into a "love". I'm not sure it's even possible for all scents, or for the vast majority, but when it happens, a waypoint is placed there, forever reminding you of the emotion you felt upon that sniff.

That happened with mesOud's Ayasofya tonight. Just peak at the ingredient list, then take a sniff, and you'll understand immediately how difficult of scent this must have been to compose. It feels like vintage perfumery to me, I just can't help shake that feeling. Just as how vintage rose notes, might not smell precisely like a rose, but they'll have rose-y nuances, with something a bit spicy, something a bit airy, but always with something which keeps you coming back for, just one more sniff. It's the mark of a carefully tuned composition using difficult to work with ingredients, but in quantities which bring the scent together, rather than shattering it apart. Old world charm through and through, strong but not in your face. Conjures up images of a sophisticated gentleman in Istanbul, sometime during the 19th century, with a well tailored suit, completed by dawning a vibrant red Fez. This is the scent I imagine him wearing right after his wudu.
 
I've been in what I can best describe as an intoxication of musk today. Started off wearing Ibraheem Al Quarshi's Musk Ghazal, a very strange commercial mukhallat, not at all like the usual scents sold under this name, this one smells refined and daresay it, natural. Sweet, powdery, and rosy with heaps of musk without the usual, oddly dried soft drink note present, also quite thin in viscosity.

I then wore some of Tabeer Oud's Attar Ansa’ar, pushing the envelope a bit in the direction of animalic undertones, from the musk and ambergris, though never being overshadowed by, or letting the wonderful jasmine sambac note take over. Offering an almost second skin sort of profile, a wonderful balance between animalic, floral and sweet notes, all laced in an addictive saltiness.

There's a moment in your journey with a scent, when it just clicks. When enjoyment transforms into intense adoration, when the "like" turns into a "love". I'm not sure it's even possible for all scents, or for the vast majority, but when it happens, a waypoint is placed there, forever reminding you of the emotion you felt upon that sniff.

That happened with mesOud's Ayasofya tonight. Just peak at the ingredient list, then take a sniff, and you'll understand immediately how difficult of scent this must have been to compose. It feels like vintage perfumery to me, I just can't help shake that feeling. Just as how vintage rose notes, might not smell precisely like a rose, but they'll have rose-y nuances, with something a bit spicy, something a bit airy, but always with something which keeps you coming back for, just one more sniff. It's the mark of a carefully tuned composition using difficult to work with ingredients, but in quantities which bring the scent together, rather than shattering it apart. Old world charm through and through, strong but not in your face. Conjures up images of a sophisticated gentleman in Istanbul, sometime during the 19th century, with a well tailored suit, completed by dawning a vibrant red Fez. This is the scent I imagine him wearing right after his wudu.
A great read as per usual, brother.
I had similar experience you mentioned with Attar Ansa’ar, upon initial testing I wasn’t completely convinced by the blending, it felt a touch disjointed. I felt the Musk & Ambergris was too forward. After several wearings the complexity & sophistication of the composition became apparent & the attar just clicked with me. The use of animalics in Attar Ansa’ar is superb, the musk-floral sweet-fresh balance is lovely. Although it smells like a traditional blend from days gone by, there’s a modernity & addictive wearability.
 
My initial experience with Attar Ansa'ar was quite positive as well, but I didn't feel like it opened up to me, as it did yesterday. There to is an added benefit of sitting with oils over several wearings, you start to see through the clouds of initial excitement (and assumptions) and into the heart of the scent. I also ended up swiping a tiny bit of Sulaym's No. 1 alongside this later, fantastic combination, the tartness of the oud mixed will with the sweetness of the jasmine and the smoke-y leathery notes played off of the animalics in the attar. The oud really helped to tone down the sweetness, adding a clean leather to the jasmine, and the morning after, it's still gorgeous smelling!

The dry down of Ayasofya is as mind numbingly good as the rest of the scent, equally difficult to speak about the notes still. Reminds me of freshly laundered sheets hanging to dry on a warm sunny afternoon, with a hint of delicate starchy white floral like animalics firmly set in their dry downs ... spectacular!
 
its like a jungle in a bottle! JUMAANA from Al Shareef is seriously addictive. the Malaysian oudh takes center stage of the bass riff while jasmine and musk play treble and drums. the dry down is a perfect leather note matched with the floral and fruity notes from both the oudhs, and the jasmine fades into its secondary powderiness just as the the rest settles. these three ingredients are so perfectly balanced, i cant get enough!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    20240223_145105.webp
    117.4 KB · Views: 93
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    20240223_145036.webp
    259.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Saturday morning - coffee, mango & medjool dates for breakfast while heating Sarawak by ASO, these small moments of pleasure is what makes life worth living!

I’m currently wearing Kishmir - An Najwa. Another stunning blend, his talent is very special. Kishmir has the most gorgeous white floral-peach accord, the use of Musk & Ambergris transforms the flowers & fruit, exalting them to glow in the top notes.
Hindi Oud, Santal, Khus, Iris & Musk come together in the base to form a superb rounded dry down. Warm, woody, powdery, slightly animalic leather. Vintage, yet also modern. Very refined blending with not a single accord feeling out of place. The way in which the Musk shines in the dry down is heavenly!

Kishmir recalls both traditional Indian attars & classical French perfumery. It smells like something one would discover in the Osmotheque from 100 years ago. Glorious!
 
Back
Top