An Najwa had a very nice smelling mitti attar - may be out of stock but it smells like the stuff I used to get 20 years ago from White Lotus.
Oops
I forgot to update on the thread that it's back in stock.
I am certainly not an expert on mitti scents, but I tried Areej Le Dore's mitti spray perfume and it smelled very much like petrichor or wet clay, to my nose. However, this was the first mitti scent I tried, so I certainly don't have knowledge of traditional mitti attars to compare it to. But for me, it smelled exactly like what it described.

Longevity is very low on this perfume, but it's also very affordable. May be worth a look.

Generally speaking of Attar Mitti
It doesn't have much longevity or loud projection as these kind of Attars are enjoyed alone, for calming and relaxing.
I would never recommend someone to wear it as perfume.
 
in the early 90s, I was able to get a couple of little bottles of French jasmine absolute from enfleurage. I forgot that I had diluted a fair amount in alcohol for perfume experiments (in retrospect I would’ve saved every drop and never used it for blending, but I thought I would be able to get more). A while back, I actually found the bottle of diluted absolute in a box of miscellaneous unlabeled bottles i had accumulated. That was like an unbelievable gift out of the blue because I thought I would never smell it again.

This material is so wonderful, balanced and subtle compared to any other jasmine extract I have smelled. I had purchased two different batches of the oil and this is from the second one which was a little bit softer than the first. I wish so much that I had saved a couple of milliliters of that first batch because it is by far the best floral thing I’ve ever smelled.

Still, can’t believe I have this bottle after all these years… Like finding a unicorn

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Hinoud by @Guru_AromatiX . Very nice and pleasurable scent. Starts off spicy with the saffron, after around 5-15 mins you are greeted with the 2 ouds in the attar, it smells woody, chocolatey, very, very sweet that I think is the opoponax or the Hina use in this attar. Powdery and floral notes as it goes on further, with some light creaminess from the sandalwood. Lovely attar.
 
Agreed!
 
I have never known you could get palo santo oil!!! Can you link this for me please, brother? I love the smell of Palo Santo!!! If you link the website and the bottle then I can save it to my taskbar on browser 😀
Tyson retired, I believe. I got this oil from him back in 2017 I think. He made fabulous sandalwood and frankincense distillations as well under the name Elixir attar on Etsy.
 
I’ve also avoided the Facebook/ Instagram narcissistic madness… honestly the first time I’ve felt the fact that I don’t use those products is in terms of following what some vendors are up to. I miss seeing Olefaktory’s input here for example, but I’m not sure I’m willing to join Instagram just to follow what he is up to.

The quality of discourse on forums in general has gone downhill a bit compare to ten years ago. I think it is in part a result of facebook /instagram I think because it’s easier /cheaper / more useful for vendors to have discussions in their own Instagram space and that sucks all of the wind out of the forums if end users are having to follow/post in seven different places to stay in touch with seven vendors. It’s still super convenient, but not the same as a community maybe?

I’m trying to figure out how to use WordPress to collect my thoughts about materials, experiments, and perfumes I am working on. Pretty much the only situation in which I could imagine using Instagram would be to broadcast information about perfumes that I am making, should I ever start doing online sales.
 
Last edited:
I’ve also avoided the Facebook/ Instagram narcissistic madness… honestly the first time I’ve felt the fact that I don’t use those products is in terms of following what some vendors are up to. The quality of discourse on forums has gone downhill overall as a result I think because it’s easier /cheaper / more useful for vendors to have discussions in their own Instagram space.
Explain this thought further, if you want? I am interested in what you mean?
 
I’ve also avoided the Facebook/ Instagram narcissistic madness… honestly the first time I’ve felt the fact that I don’t use those products is in terms of following what some vendors are up to. I miss seeing Olefaktory’s input here for example, but I’m not sure I’m willing to join Instagram just to follow what he is up to.

The quality of discourse on forums in general has gone downhill a bit compare to ten years ago. I think it is in part a result of facebook /instagram I think because it’s easier /cheaper / more useful for vendors to have discussions in their own Instagram space and that sucks all of the wind out of the forums if end users are having to follow/post in seven different places to stay in touch with seven vendors. It’s still super convenient, but not the same as a community maybe?

I’m trying to figure out how to use WordPress to collect my thoughts about materials, experiments, and perfumes I am working on. Pretty much the only situation in which I could imagine using Instagram would be to broadcast information about perfumes that I am making, should I ever start doing online sales.
Aside from just getting info from vendors and following their releases, I know a lot of vendors conduct their sales through Instagram and Facebook as well, but I can’t buy from them because I don’t use either platform.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top