It’s very nice. But the rose really dominates. Same with the other Oud rose Qaboos. Hard for me to note the Oud. Not sure if it’s just me.

Later on the drydown is where the oud really shines. I think the oud is also more noticeable on larger swipes. However for me the oud is always mingling as a base note underneath the strong rose.

For me with the Burmese Oud Rose SQ blend it is much easier to pick out the oud vs the rose because it is a stronger contrast. With this one the two notes are really blended.
 
Wow that looks incredible Mr P, I can only imagine how beautiful the aroma is!

It’s very straightforward, no surprises. The white ambergris is very mild, and by far my preferred type. The sandalwood scent is buried in the ambergris, it mainly becomes noticeable after an hour or so.
 
I put a dab of this ambergris attar on today. My goal was to make an absolutely concentrated ambergris oil so I dissolved a gram of Tyson’s white ambergris resinoid in a gram and a half of my finest sandalwood. It was liquid for a while, but it has crystallized a little bit and is very thick.



View attachment 35404
This looks stunning !!! I (and probably everyone here) would really appreciate if you could describe the aroma 👍🏻

Just saw your description 😅
 
Well, if you’ve smelled white ambergris it id delicate, kind of earthy - mossy with that unique natural ambrox note. Unlike the black or gray ambergris the aroma is not like bad breath or feces.

The sandalwood is hydro from Tamil Nadu, 2002, and has saturated and complicated top notes with maple and some almost animalic musky notes as well.

The ambergris dominates the opening notes so the complexity of the Sandalwood is kind of hidden and acts mainly as a carrier at first. The mossy ambergris note persists for a long time with the sandalwood gradually coming to the forefront. By the time a few hours have passed, Sandalwood is starting to really dominate and it ends up shifting towards a rich enhanced sandalwood aroma that lasts for a longer time than usual

I applied some yesterday afternoon, and my wrist still smells like Sandalwood at the moment. Finally, it seems to me that the ambergris delayed the evaporation of some parts of the Sandalwood aroma and some woody notes that I associate with the top notes are still present.
 
Another very hot day in Melbourne!
Merauke AQ - on the sub & a splash of Kashani Yellow rose oil on the beard & clothing. Both products are from The Oud Lab.

Merauke AQ is beautiful, green-floral-herbal with the distinctive pitch black Merauke resin note. A lovely sweetness on the tail end of the burn.

Kashani Yellow is another favourite rose oil of mine. Pristine & sparkling citrusy rosiness. Slightly more minty & sweet than other Damascena examples I own. The grade is obviously very high, I detect zero spiciness or anything green / stemy just a pink rosy purity! Vibrant & positive, perfect for a summer morning.
 
Last edited:
Today I went with my own blend.
Roasted coffee
Mysore sandal
Taif rose
Vanilla solvent extract


A stunning blend which transports you to Italy, imagine being in a cafe with the smell of a creamy roasted expression with a bunch of fresh vibrant roses beside you. This is something that everyone should experience at least once. 😁
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    85584e93-77c1-4253-aa0b-a445d19e7d7c.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 109
For the first Taraweeh I went when with the following:
- 1 spray of Ajmal Dahn Al Oud Shams on my shirt
- The Oud Lab's Thaqeel S
- mesOud's Deep Black
- Sulaym's Ka'ba Attar from The Sacred Mosque Collection, a sample of which I carried in my pocket, applying liberal swipes when I got there, and after Isha.

Suffice to say, I was occupying a bubble of my own 😂
 
For the first Taraweeh I went when with the following:
- 1 spray of Ajmal Dahn Al Oud Shams on my shirt
- The Oud Lab's Thaqeel S
- mesOud's Deep Black
- Sulaym's Ka'ba Attar from The Sacred Mosque Collection, a sample of which I carried in my pocket, applying liberal swipes when I got there, and after Isha.

Suffice to say, I was occupying a bubble of my own 😂
Can you review the Kaabah Attar please
 
Origin?
 
Can you review the Kaabah Attar please
It's a really hard scent to describe, it's one of those emotional sorts of scents, where an atmosphere is conveyed, rather than single notes coming together to make accords, but I can share some note worthy features.

While it falls in the family of Ka'ba style scents, in a very broad sense, which is something I want to emphasize, something very unique is used here. To my nose, the rose is not dominant, in fact what's used alongside it, is what feels like a herbal lavender. Now you might be wondering, Ahmaoud, are you telling me that the Saudis have a cultural association to lavender? Well I've been watching a lot of Sokkat alTeeb's videos thanks to YouTube's stellar translated captions, and in one episode he mentioned 2 aromatics which are a symbol of Saudi culture, cardamom and lavender, so it's not a stretch it would be used here.

The lavender gives a herbal, crisp, slight powdery-ness to the scent, which might have otherwise required synthetic musks to recreate. I feel like there's also saffron in the mix, there's something luxurious which only saffron brings to a blend. All this rests atop the base of gentle black musk, a delicate oud and the rose. It never gets overly sweet, but it's not bitter either. It's quite potent when you first wear it, but quickly forms a delicate scent bubble around you. Yesterday around 'Asr I applied dots with the sample vial applicator, and that was enough to keep me well scented throughout my recitation. During Taraweeh I was going a bit overboard with it, yet the scent never felt cloying, instead feeling like a gentle embrace.

Of course the notes I mentioned are in addition to those mentioned on the website. And it's quite possible there's no lavender here, and instead the different ingredients conjure up a purple floral within the mix.
 
Taraweeh Mukhallat Tonight:
- 1 spray of Ottoman Empire IV
- Swipes of mesoud's Deep Black, gosh this one's straight up a beast in a bottle scent, almost dry swipes are more than enough, I felt like a fur hunter wearing this, and couldn't get enough of it!
- Sulaym's HM Royal Hindi, nothing better than refreshing yourself during the breaks with fat swipes of an aged Hindi
 
Taraweeh Mukhallat Tonight:
- 1 spray of Ottoman Empire IV
- Swipes of mesoud's Deep Black, gosh this one's straight up a beast in a bottle scent, almost dry swipes are more than enough, I felt like a fur hunter wearing this, and couldn't get enough of it!
- Sulaym's HM Royal Hindi, nothing better than refreshing yourself during the breaks with fat swipes of an aged Hindi
 
I have a sample of Ghalia Badee from mesoud. I’m terrible at analyzing these complex fragrances but this clearly shares dna with the one other ghaliya I have smelled. Musk, oud, sandalwood… some ambergris I think. Maybe civet?

This one really blooms as it settles in to your skin - that deep musky ambergris kind of merges with your skin, and then has a transformative effect on other fragrances you might be wearing that happen to layer with it even much later in the day or the next day even. I have enjoyed both Ghaliya’s I have smelled and both of these seem to shine as a kind of base layer for whatever you might wear throughout the day. ambergris and Sandalwood are both things that will absorb and hold on to fragrance and musk is one of the ultimate exalting fixatives….

You could build all kinds of fragrances around this base, and it is just a great thing to wear and experience the interactions with everything else you wear throughout the day.
 
I have a sample of Ghalia Badee from mesoud. I’m terrible at analyzing these complex fragrances but this clearly shares dna with the one other ghaliya I have smelled. Musk, oud, sandalwood… some ambergris I think. Maybe civet?

This one really blooms as it settles in to your skin - that deep musky ambergris kind of merges with your skin, and then has a transformative effect on other fragrances you might be wearing that happen to layer with it even much later in the day or the next day even. I have enjoyed both Ghaliya’s I have smelled and both of these seem to shine as a kind of base layer for whatever you might wear throughout the day. ambergris and Sandalwood are both things that will absorb and hold on to fragrance and musk is one of the ultimate exalting fixatives….

You could build all kinds of fragrances around this base, and it is just a great thing to wear and experience the interactions with everything else you wear throughout the day.
İt is not fully done dear,just sent a sample to you,and some friends,bcz in this community i feel very lucky,bcz there are very experienced noses.
i think it needs a 6 months too.
With this Ghalia,i didnt use any previously distilled oil,every single ingredient such as safroon,coffee,cardamom,peppers,vanilla,musks etc etc
All are macerating together
 
İt is not fully done dear,just sent a sample to you,and some friends,bcz in this community i feel very lucky,bcz there are very experienced noses.
i think it needs a 6 months too.
With this Ghalia,i didnt use any previously distilled oil,every single ingredient such as safroon,coffee,cardamom,peppers,vanilla,musks etc etc
All are macerating together

That is very interesting - thanks for the sample.
 
İt is not fully done dear,just sent a sample to you,and some friends,bcz in this community i feel very lucky,bcz there are very experienced noses.
i think it needs a 6 months too.
With this Ghalia,i didnt use any previously distilled oil,every single ingredient such as safroon,coffee,cardamom,peppers,vanilla,musks etc etc
All are macerating together
This sounds lovely, how long has it been macerating so far?
 
Back
Top