I always wanted to try this one but somehow never did. How does it smell like? Its the favorite of a lot of MAM customers
It's a very dense ambery, chewy almost scent. It starts with a smooth oceanic dark-sweet note. It might come off as a bit synthetic at this point because it is very smooth. Drydown is nice and today I clearly smelt chocolate, and this was after a shower. All in all I'd say it is sweet without being gourmand, ambery, rich and overall well blended. Having said that, at beginning I wasn't too impressed but now I definitely am given the price quality ratio.
 
Last edited:
Ensar Oud - Pink Papua
Starts with beautiful pink lotus and slightly fruity. You smell a dark oud hiding and waiting to show off in the heart notes. I waited for the oud and got disappointed. Its a very leathery/dirty? Oud. Smells like a traditional oud and it doesnt harmonise with the soft pink lotus opening.
 
Ratnaditya - Rising Phoenix Perfumery

It almost feels like what I wish a traditional fougere would smell like. Like a blast of rainforest with camphor and some fresher sandalwood oils, I get some herbal tones, something that reminds me of anise, the not-too citrusy resin notes of frankincense, the light muskiness of ambergris and a good dose of a really nice tonka bean with myrrh, oud and amber in the base.

While a fougere would wear quite light, this stuff is dank and thick yet sweet, refreshing and comforting all at the same time. It’s quite a unique scent and yet, something that could be worn every day.

(1) Morning to (10) evening: 3
(1) Masculine to (10) Feminine: 2
(1) Accessible to (10) Challenging: 3.5
 
Tibetan Musk Pure Parfum - Ensar Oud.
A classical composition recalling the golden age of French perfumery.
A beautiful greenery & fresh Lavender top note juxtaposed by a rich glowing base of chocolatey slightly animalic aged Musk, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Vanilla, Frankincense. A delicate touch of spices & florals in the heart.

To my nose it’s a darker more dense version of something like Bois du Portugal or Guerlains Heritage. A very good masculine, superb blending.

Regardless of Ensars questionable character & business practices, he is a talented perfumer.
 
Ghaliyah II - Al Shareef

Just wow. Best of the best. So smooth. Sweet. Balanced. Musk. Rose. Projects so well.
Probably my favourite attar of all time, masterpiece. The ambery warm resinous dry down is glorious. A very comfortable, yet refined composition.
I received this one very early on in my introduction to artisanal Oud & attar. I couldn’t believe what I was smelling!

Obviously we all have different tastes, however in my opinion no one can top ASO’s blending skills. Every release feels inspired & considered.
 
Last edited:
Ghalia Sultani Brunei Kinam today, layered with Old Sultani Brunei Kinam - imagine a peaceful place - can be anything - now imagine an infinity pool or a anything that relaxes you - now imagine its colour as a spectrum of purples and blues - now imagine your self in the centre of whatever you have imagined - now smile because why not.
 
Attar - Hinoud by The Tea Guru or Guru_AromatiX on this forum.

Lovely attar. Here is the ingredients list:
Hina
Saffron maceration
2015 Trat Oud
Cambodian Koh Kong Oud
Timor sandalwood
Myrrh
Nutmeg
Opoponax



It starts off with this blast of saffron smell, or what I think it was, notes were quite semi-sweet, sour and somewhat bitter, with a nice, strong, oudiness, little bits of chocolate, and a spiciness that was kinda heating to the throat and heart, this lasted around 10mins but was still there just eased off a bit, then after an overall 5-10 mins later (I have to say the opening and top notes are not my favourite in this but they're not "bad" either), it turned into a beautiful, honey sweet, floral, Cambodian oud red berry note, with an agarwood chocolatey-ness. The Cambodian Koh Kong stood strong and gave notes of powdery florals as well. I am 1hr and 55 mins in (basically 2 hours) and it is such a lovely fragrance, its so calming but not in a sedating way, it makes you feel warm inside and relaxed (kinda opiate like) there's this soft, very quiet Timor sandalwood playing in the background, if you only sniff around the area on your hand quite softly you can only smell the intense sweetness, agarwood, red berry and chocolate, however if you take deep breaths you can smell the sandalwood, woodiness, and slightly sweet, creaminess, and slight butter. After doing the pin point and other deep inhales you recognize the sandalwood Timor oil a lot more. The other ingredients I can't really speak for (other than maybe the Oud and Sandalwood but I think the Hina oil uses things like nag champa and you can smell that in here 100% and other woods and jasmine and stuff, and the Myrrh is most likely a top note that was the reason for the bitterness) but the notes are beautiful. It seems that The Tea Guru has almost none left, like you cant even choose what ml you want it just says, in the options on etsy, 1 or 2. So, I suspect he has a couple 0.5ml left or 0.25ml. @Guru_AromatiX How much do you have left?

EDIT: It also has this nice citrus, juiciness to it.

Overall, lovely attar that starts off as strong, pungent and piercing, but as soon as it is in the heart notes it just gets softer and softer and well rounded with the oil still being very present and loud.
 
Ward Imperiale - An Najwa.

Splashed a good amount on my face, beard & clothing this morning, I need some positive reinforcement on a Monday.
A beautiful Rose oil, the best Ruh Gulab I’ve ever tested. Pristine woody floral freshness. Zero green stemy-metallic off notes or anything overly spicy. Crystalline citrus, a gorgeous pink rosy purity.
Ward Imperiale shares a lot in common with some of the best Taifi’s I own/tested, however it has less of the gingery spiciness & more of a lychee-apricot profile.
An added bonus, it lasts on skin & fabric longer than average. Highly recommended for Rose lovers.
 
Last edited:
Adghal by Habz. This is slept on, barely seen anyone post about this in the ~3yrs I've had it! Green forest vibes with musk lurking in the background.

City Oud by Rising Phoenix, this must be 5 years old by now and I still have ~0.2ml of my .3ml sample 🤣 I like it, I don't get any kinda oudy vibe tbh (but I rarely do from oud blends)

I can never pick out oud in attars which is so weird.
honestly I'm pretty convinned that my sense of smell is whack. I'd love to experience smell from someone else's point of view.
 
Last edited:
Agdhal by Habz. This is slept on, barely seen anyone post about this in the ~3yrs I've had it! Green forest vibes with musk lurking in the background.

City Oud by Rising Phoenix, this must be 5 years old by now and I still have ~0.2ml of my .3ml sample 🤣 I like it, I don't get any kinda oudy vibe tbh (but I rarely do from oud blends)

I can never pick out oud in attars which is so weird.
honestly I'm pretty convinned that my sense of smell is whack. I'd love to experience smell from someone else's point of view.
Couldn't agree more about Agdhal! It's so incredibly unique and enjoyable, people are really missing out on this one. Reminds me of the scent of a stroll through the English countryside on a drizzly autumn morning 🤤
 
Recieved my mitti attar from @mesOUD Ahh what a beauty. it is very much differant than those traditional mitti attars which i have encountered. It start with soft and delicate clay note and sandlewood jumps in. it feels floral in the beginning and i do get little frankinsence type citruses while the smell of mitti keeps following until end. The harmony both creates are outstanding.In the end I do get baked butter cookie type smell aswell. To be honest i never liked mitti attar in the past but This has changed my mind.In my opinion those who dont like traditional mitti aatar woluld love this one. A very simple scent but Unique.
 
Attar - Hinoud by The Tea Guru or Guru_AromatiX on this forum.

Lovely attar. Here is the ingredients list:
Hina
Saffron maceration
2015 Trat Oud
Cambodian Koh Kong Oud
Timor sandalwood
Myrrh
Nutmeg
Opoponax



It starts off with this blast of saffron smell, or what I think it was, notes were quite semi-sweet, sour and somewhat bitter, with a nice, strong, oudiness, little bits of chocolate, and a spiciness that was kinda heating to the throat and heart, this lasted around 10mins but was still there just eased off a bit, then after an overall 5-10 mins later (I have to say the opening and top notes are not my favourite in this but they're not "bad" either), it turned into a beautiful, honey sweet, floral, Cambodian oud red berry note, with an agarwood chocolatey-ness. The Cambodian Koh Kong stood strong and gave notes of powdery florals as well. I am 1hr and 55 mins in (basically 2 hours) and it is such a lovely fragrance, its so calming but not in a sedating way, it makes you feel warm inside and relaxed (kinda opiate like) there's this soft, very quiet Timor sandalwood playing in the background, if you only sniff around the area on your hand quite softly you can only smell the intense sweetness, agarwood, red berry and chocolate, however if you take deep breaths you can smell the sandalwood, woodiness, and slightly sweet, creaminess, and slight butter. After doing the pin point and other deep inhales you recognize the sandalwood Timor oil a lot more. The other ingredients I can't really speak for (other than maybe the Oud and Sandalwood but I think the Hina oil uses things like nag champa and you can smell that in here 100% and other woods and jasmine and stuff, and the Myrrh is most likely a top note that was the reason for the bitterness) but the notes are beautiful. It seems that The Tea Guru has almost none left, like you cant even choose what ml you want it just says, in the options on etsy, 1 or 2. So, I suspect he has a couple 0.5ml left or 0.25ml. @Guru_AromatiX How much do you have left?

EDIT: It also has this nice citrus, juiciness to it.

Overall, lovely attar that starts off as strong, pungent and piercing, but as soon as it is in the heart notes it just gets softer and softer and well rounded with the oil still being very present and loud.
Only 1 0.25g sample left and it’s gone forever. Glad you like it 😊
 
Back
Top