"Vetivander"
a blend of vetiver from India, and Madagascar, with a hint of rose co2 and topped with mysore sandalwood. i made this about the time i joined the forum i think. the combination of a noob trying to mimic oudh, and a happy accident lead to me writing down the recipe. its got this highly terpenic and light Indian root brought subtly back by the smokey dark Madagascar root, and the rose being a co2 brings extra deep honey and floral notes. the creamy sandalwood brings this all together into one I'll be mixing again when i run out!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    20240331_084307.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 77
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    20240331_084301.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 82
wearing my Golden Sun sandalwood with a blend of Egyptian neroli and fine orange blossom absolute. the copper tang of the mysore goes soooo well with floral citrus! its giving me ideas for when i do my next sandalwood run 🙂
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    aceite-esencial-neroli-orange-blossom-essential-oil-dmg.webp
    110 KB · Views: 78
Purple Haze by TOL
very smokey pungent opening with wafts of powdery citrusy roses on the background.
I think the smokey oud opening most likely due to Mareuke oud used in this composition but I might be off by miles 😅
I usually dislike smokey attars and perfumes, but this one was a different experience, because the drydown is one of the most beautiful drydown of any attar i've tried before, it's like sun coming after a dark night.
 
Areej Le Dore Paradise Soil

I hope it helps people who are on fence as this is the most expensive out of the bunch and still available. Please keep in mind, these are my impressions on one wearing and need to refine my notes a bit.

On skin I get sweet Ylang Ylang with a little bubble gum nuance. This is something you get in a lot of bortnikoff's creations. Not much musk. You get wafts of musk here and there. It is sharp, red-smelling, powdery and indolic in the beginning.
I would say it is not a musk perfume but the use of musk is to tie the composition together.

I start to like it 5-10 minutes into the first spritz. Clean, floral vibes.
I did not like the opening on heavy application. I get this bloody chocolaty nuance, which I found slightly off-putting.
Something interesting I noticed that it smelt so good in air but when I did a heavy application(3 sprays) on the wrist, it was very blood like, muddy, waxy.

Clean, crystalline, and powdery comes into play after 20 mins or so. Giving off laundry detergent vibe? but in a good way.

A couple of hours in: For me, it gets very linear. I am just stuck at a musky rajnigandha. It is sultry, sensous and dirty musky floral.

I find it more beautiful, the more I wear it. The blood facets are less pronounced on skin. It is more tubersose, ylang-ylang, jasmine and champaca.

On skin the dry down is buzzing oud and jasmine.

I am loving it’s drydown on clothes. I get musky Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and oud.

I had high hopes for Paradise Soil. It is a stellar composition. But, there is a lot going on in this composition. Extremely complex. Very difficult to understand. The word mysterious is very apt in this case. I am happy with it so far but not impressed. I would like to give it a couple of good wearing.
 
Areej Le Dore Paradise Soil

I hope it helps people who are on fence as this is the most expensive out of the bunch and still available. Please keep in mind, these are my impressions on one wearing and need to refine my notes a bit.

On skin I get sweet Ylang Ylang with a little bubble gum nuance. This is something you get in a lot of bortnikoff's creations. Not much musk. You get wafts of musk here and there. It is sharp, red-smelling, powdery and indolic in the beginning.
I would say it is not a musk perfume but the use of musk is to tie the composition together.

I start to like it 5-10 minutes into the first spritz. Clean, floral vibes.
I did not like the opening on heavy application. I get this bloody chocolaty nuance, which I found slightly off-putting.
Something interesting I noticed that it smelt so good in air but when I did a heavy application(3 sprays) on the wrist, it was very blood like, muddy, waxy.

Clean, crystalline, and powdery comes into play after 20 mins or so. Giving off laundry detergent vibe? but in a good way.

A couple of hours in: For me, it gets very linear. I am just stuck at a musky rajnigandha. It is sultry, sensous and dirty musky floral.

I find it more beautiful, the more I wear it. The blood facets are less pronounced on skin. It is more tubersose, ylang-ylang, jasmine and champaca.

On skin the dry down is buzzing oud and jasmine.

I am loving it’s drydown on clothes. I get musky Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and oud.

I had high hopes for Paradise Soil. It is a stellar composition. But, there is a lot going on in this composition. Extremely complex. Very difficult to understand. The word mysterious is very apt in this case. I am happy with it so far but not impressed. I would like to give it a couple of good wearing.
thank you, that is spot on review, same as mine
better to be smelled away in the air
also I get some weird mushroom note at the beginning that disappear after 5-7 minutes (most likely bcz of tuberose)
the heart of the perfume is the most beautiful part
in the far drydown I get some soapy notes
if the musk comes up with time it would be a stellar!
 
finally got around this old bottle patchouli oil from 1990's (Oshadhi was the source). Boy does that need a clean up - I seem to remember this one spilling and I guess I put it in a box after putting the cap back on and never got around to really cleaning the bottle

this is one of the very thick ones and it will hang like that on the dipstick for as long as you care to wait. This is not my thickest one... these kinds of oils just last forever on skin. The top notes are somewhat subdued compared to fresher oil. I put that drop on my wrist I am going to smell like patchouly for the next two days and my jacket will smell for weeks. I wish there was more appreciation for patchouly where I live.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
thank you, that is spot on review, same as mine
better to be smelled away in the air
also I get some weird mushroom note at the beginning that disappear after 5-7 minutes (most likely bcz of tuberose)
the heart of the perfume is the most beautiful part
in the far drydown I get some soapy notes
if the musk comes up with time it would be a stellar!
I feel like the try here was to create an earthy smell of damp earth and wet musk grains. Hence, cacao is used. That accord is not working for me and that is my only critique. But, it goes away in a jiffy leaving behind the most beautiful aroma.
 
yesterday at Tai Chi I wore Fareed by MesOud which is a very beautiful ittr (everything was distilled together & not blended). When I first got it, I thought it was alright but now, a few months onwards it has blossomed and turned great. It's soft and opulent while not being weak, I could feel it projecting around me creating a lovely scent bubble.
All notes exist in harmony without anything jumping out

Also, when visiting Habz I tried his vetiver and patchouli - both are very very good! The vetiver is a dark red colour and is not typical of your green vetiver. Patchouli was deep, earthy and pungent
and also a 100% cannabis tincture sent over by @EJayB which was mind (and nose)-blowing. Smells skunkier than any skunk I've tried! super hardcore stuff
 
Last edited:
yesterday at Tai Chi I wore Fareed by MesOud which is a very beautiful ittr (everything was distilled together & not blended). When I first got it, I thought it was alright but now, a few months onwards it has blossomed and turned great. It's soft and opulent while not being weak, I could feel it projecting around me creating a lovely scent bubble.
All notes exist in harmony without anything jumping out

Also, when visiting Habz I tried his vetiver and patchouli - both are very very good! The vetiver is a dark red colour and is not typical of your green vetiver. Patchouli was deep, earthy and pungent
and also a 100% cannabis tincture sent over by @EJayB which was mind (and nose)-blowing. Smells skunkier than any skunk I've tried! super hardcore stuff
Today i am wearing fareed and noticed all you said,i surprised too much how it become that balanced in time
 
Today i am wearing fareed and noticed all you said,i surprised too much how it become that balanced in time
I really liked most of the attars you created, Allahoema baarik.
But i am wondering wich is one is Fareed, since you send me samples of them before you released the attars/mukkhalats with the real name.
Is it CA or DB? or i am wrong? In CA i smell cedarwood and DB i smell Juniperwood, but both ingredients are in Fareed.
My nose think it's DB, because i smell also spices in DB and animalics (civet?), i am curious if i am right.🙂
 
I really liked most of the attars you created, Allahoema baarik.
But i am wondering wich is one is Fareed, since you send me samples of them before you released the attars/mukkhalats with the real name.
Is it CA or DB? or i am wrong? In CA i smell cedarwood and DB i smell Juniperwood, but both ingredients are in Fareed.
My nose think it's DB, because i smell also spices in DB and animalics (civet?), i am curious if i am right.🙂
JazekAllah dear brother
İ think you dont have fareed,as i distilled it on 25.11.2023
İt is a real attar and Alhamdulillah a good one
 
JazekAllah dear brother
İ think you dont have fareed,as i distilled it on 25.11.2023
İt is a real attar and Alhamdulillah a good one
Wa iyaak dear brother, no i ordered before 25-11-2023, so then i am wrong.😂
Yes it sounds and looks good, i watched the video of the preparation, Allahoema baarik
 
enjoying a dab of 2020 taif rose oil from Wardlab! I have studied this oil on skin and blotter many times but it surprises me every time. many lovely aspects of rose can be perceived depending on dilution, humidity, amount applied, distance from nose. Good rose oil is such a treat.

we are on day 3 of a multi-day power outage here in upstate NY and it is chilly. I am keeping wifi on and sort of warm with a small generator. Power company seems to have trouble with typical aspects of being a functioning business other than billing.
 
Taraweeh Mukhallat tonight was a simpler affair, I was in a rush, so I went with
- 2 sprays of Ajmal Dahn al Oud Shams on my shirt
- a couple swipes of ASO's Khalouq, for the intoxicatingly musky component 🤤
I had to try this Ajmal layered and it is definitely more interesting this way! I usually find it quite flat but it added another dimension as a layer. I like to use it on skin though for the interaction.

I did 1 spray on each wrist plus some rosy Shamama on the neck, mixed with a dash of Craft Oud Assam Classique. The Ajmal made the whole thing really incensy, and on my wrists it's at a nice distance where the aromachemicals help the scent bubble without giving me too much of a headache!
 
Kishmir - An Najwa.
A masterful composition of white florals, Iris, peach that recall both traditional Indian & French perfumery. Once the luminosity of the top notes fade it transitions seamlessly into an accord of Hindi Oud, Ambergris, Sandalwood & Musk that form an elegant vintage powdery slightly animalic leather dry down. So very nice smelling this oil off my wrist!
Top notch blending skills, I love An Najwa’s style.
 
Yusa Aromatics - o no sentaku
I was able to smell this lovely - to be released and still aging - attar right through the protective film.
It was such a lovely flowery scent as I applied it. I think that mixing its ingredients somehow brings out the rose more/better?
There's something sharp/animalic in it which is said to be musk. Will this become less sharp as it ages? It's interesting but I'm not very used to musk. Perhaps I just need time! 🙂
Now, many hours later, it's such a lovely scent! I might grab a bottle when it's released.
 
Back
Top