Reizan Clouds & Mist by Kyarazen / Kangiiten - put on a single spray. Starts out with vanilla sweetness that is not overpowering. The woodines from the oud is there from the beginning to balance out the vanilla sweetness, vanilla starts to take the background after 4 hours. I have always been intrigued by vanilla/oud combinations but have had very few opportunities to try some. This one I really like. I will be looking for something with more dry/woody oud, or maybe layer some with this perfume. I am not sure about the ingredients but artificial ingredients usually give me a headache with perfumes. With this one that is not the case, it is clean, I can smell it as often as I want without any issues.
 
Reizan Clouds & Mist by Kyarazen / Kangiiten - put on a single spray. Starts out with vanilla sweetness that is not overpowering. The woodines from the oud is there from the beginning to balance out the vanilla sweetness, vanilla starts to take the background after 4 hours. I have always been intrigued by vanilla/oud combinations but have had very few opportunities to try some. This one I really like. I will be looking for something with more dry/woody oud, or maybe layer some with this perfume. I am not sure about the ingredients but artificial ingredients usually give me a headache with perfumes. With this one that is not the case, it is clean, I can smell it as often as I want without any issues.
The best Oud / Vanilla I’ve smelt is Salsabeel - Al Shareef Oudh. A brilliant dark Oudy, ambery rich vanillic attar, with a touch of Musk & smoke. No barn. Beautifully smooth & masterfully blended. Highly recommended.
 
The best Oud / Vanilla I’ve smelt is Salsabeel - Al Shareef Oudh. A brilliant dark Oudy, ambery rich vanillic attar, with a touch of Musk & smoke. No barn. Beautifully smooth & masterfully blended. Highly recommended.
Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have heard nothing but good things about Al Shareef, both the products and the person himself. I am looking forward to trying some out in the future
 
Not a specific attar or mukhallat today, but an appreciation for costus in general. First, I wonder if anyone knows where to get good quality costus oil from a supplier that tests/assures quality? I’ve made my own tinctures and I have about 2 mL of an oil I got from white lotus years ago.

It is very strange stuff, but I’ve been using tinctures in some floral blends I’ve been making, and it really adds some significant and useful musky depth to blends. I also notice it features prominently in Japanese incense - it adds something critical to the blends that is hard to recognize until you start experimenting with the material itself.

If you like to make perfume and incense, I’d highly recommend experimenting with costus. this is a material I didn’t pay attention to for too long.

I’d also recommend being very skeptical when purchasing, the safest route is maybe to get some root and make your own resinoid.
 
Coriander is another wonderful one. Such an appealing material and a really nice thing to use to add tantalizing rosewood-like notes that are fresh, brings the scent of fresh freesia to mind. I love coriander, and other critical ingredient, I would think for constructing many types of perfumes. It is available as carbon dioxide extracts and as distillate. I’ve mostly used the CO2 in this round of my experiments and it is so nice. If you’ve never smelled coriander oil, you might want to check it out. I know this is probably common knowledge for anybody who has dabbled with natural perfumes, but it still bears mentioning.
 
Last edited:
I just put on a swipe of the wild ruh khus that mesoud carries. This is another example of a really nice green khus oil. A pleasing balanced aroma: soft, fuzzy, warm, eartht. Vetiver, soil/silt/, leather, sugary sweetness. much nicer than the ruh khus oils I tried years ago.
 
Tabeer Oud's Shamama Royale, with a swipe of Craft Oud Assam Classique.

I have recently been enjoying attars worn on the neck, paired with a big swipe of complementing oud on the back of the hand.

Other recent combos I tried were Olefaktory Attar One with Yusa's Tarakan. And Craft Oud Raja Kasturi (1st) with Yusas Hainan. These Yusa ouds are quite citrussy so they don't disturb the orange and rose core of the attars.
 
Today I’ve gone with a vintage Siberian deer musk tincture raw. This is almost 50 years old and you just have to open the cap for your nose to testify the claim.

Raw, animalic and sharp, right up your nose unapologetically. It’s a beast which has been fed testosterone day and night and then was infused with a continuous dose of the same intravenously. I get citruses, green herbaceous notes which might come across urinal to some - later it becomes a little warm and smooth. This is where it does give a little vibe of a paan; It’s spicy, sweet and salty, and there’s a bitter taste at the base of it. This part gives you a little euphoria. The absolute dry down is warm and slightly chocolatey.

The projection and sillage is bombastic. A little swipe in the skin and the whole room is filled with it.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Sheikh al Faransi by Marmin, this is a beautiful scent. It used to be extremely cheap also, but the price went up by some 20EUR to 55 per quarter tola now. I tried a few others from him but this one stands at the top. Oceanic, sweet, natural and big smelling. It took some getting used to, but I think it is the one to try.
 
Last edited:
Sheikh al Faransi by Marmin, this is a beautiful scent. It used to be extremely cheap also, but the price went up by some by 20EUR to 55 per quarter tola now. I tried a few others from him but this one stands at the top. Oceanic, sweet, natural and big smelling. It took some getting used to, but I think it is the one to try.
He has a few good ones.
 
Sheikh al Faransi by Marmin, this is a beautiful scent. It used to be extremely cheap also but the price went up to around by 20ish EUR to 55 per quarter tola now. I tried a few others from him but this one stands at the top for me.
I always wanted to try this one but somehow never did. How does it smell like? Its the favorite of a lot of MAM customers
 
Mitti Attar from Mesoud. Got to say this is a really great one, for me it is a privilege to experience this one. I believe everyone will be very happy With it! really well balanced and long lasting for me. Projection is good too. A satisfying scent to smell.
Still i cant belive how it delivered to Uk just in 1 day
And happy to hear that you liked it bro(i know you experienced some mittis too) so this review is important for me,because i can not identify my distillations till 1 week passed over(because i am smelling them 14-30 days regularly) so i can only remember the first days smell,cant know final situation till 1 week passed over
 
Still i cant belive how it delivered to Uk just in 1 day
And happy to hear that you liked it bro(i know you experienced some mittis too) so this review is important for me,because i can not identify my distillations till 1 week passed over(because i am smelling them 14-30 days regularly) so i can only remember the first days smell,cant know final situation till 1 week passed over
Speed of delivery surprised me too!
 
Back
Top