Rose Attar from Living Libations. Rosa Damascena x Santalum Album. High quality raw materials. High quality blend.
I’m so glad to see someone mention them. I just found them online last night and was going to post n here if anyone had ordered. I have that rose attar book marked, as well as about 20 other things! How’s the sandalwood aspect. That to me is the make or break for any attar. Happy to see they sell codistillations.
 
I’m so glad to see someone mention them. I just found them online last night and was going to post n here if anyone had ordered. I have that rose attar book marked, as well as about 20 other things! How’s the sandalwood aspect. That to me is the make or break for any attar. Happy to see they sell codistillations.
I have been purchasing facial oils, toothpaste, perfumes from them for some time and just only decided to buy some absolutes because I trust their commitment to quality. The rose is premium quality. Sandalwood peeks through right from the beginning but it's certainly not overpowering the rose. It doesn't feel like mysore or aged sandalwood oil. But the woody, calming aspect is present. Either way, for the price (I got it when they were running 30% off on everything that was rose) I cannot complain!

Point to note: I am very biased towards rose, so benign sandalwood note makes it easier for me to appreciate it. But someone else who has a good nose for Santalum Album might sense its presence more.
 
I have been purchasing facial oils, toothpaste, perfumes from them for some time and just only decided to buy some absolutes because I trust their commitment to quality. The rose is premium quality. Sandalwood peeks through right from the beginning but it's certainly not overpowering the rose. It doesn't feel like mysore or aged sandalwood oil. But the woody, calming aspect is present. Either way, for the price (I got it when they were running 30% off on everything that was rose) I cannot complain!

Point to note: I am very biased towards rose, so benign sandalwood note makes it easier for me to appreciate it. But someone else who has a good nose for Santalum Album might sense its presence more.
Thanks. I’m glad to hear their other products are good as well. I saved the frankincense toothpaste and floss and a couple of facial moisturizers.
 
TRNP Saffron is a beautiful balanced rosey floral saffron fragrance with a nice complex bouquet. The top notes I find super charming. I won't be able to experience a full wearing but I dabbed a little bit on my wrist and am enjoying the moment. Thank you @LibraryOfPerfumes 🙂 I imagine this one would be appreciated greatly by many of the members here, it does seem to be a really tasteful and well thought out blend. There is a certain thickness to it, a heavy/clinging sweetness, that I don't care for on myself - it almost seems definitively feminine to my taste probably because it reminds me of something a girlfriend of mine wore in my youth - I could see it smelling good on somebody else, wafting in, etc
 
Last edited:
TRNP Saffron is a beautiful balanced rosey floral saffron fragrance with a nice complex bouquet. The top notes I find super charming. I won't be able to experience a full wearing but I dabbed a little bit on my wrist and am enjoying the moment. Thank you @LibraryOfPerfumes 🙂 I imagine this one would be appreciated greatly by many of the members here, it does seem to be a really tasteful and well thought out blend. There is a certain thickness to it, a heavy/clinging sweetness, that I don't care for on myself - it almost seems definitively feminine to my taste probably because it reminds me of something a girlfriend of mine wore in my youth - I could see it smelling good on somebody else, wafting in, etc
You are right about it being slightly feminine leaning. It reminds me of pharmacies back in Mumbai, weirdly comforting. I like it but I find Night Song Devotion (similar vibe) a little bit better. Nonetheless, Saffron is unique to me.
 
Elysium - Sulaym

I don’t usually like blends but this one is exceptionally beautiful and vibrant. I’m getting bright floral notes, lightly carried by a hint of musk and Oud. The ambergris is making it last longer. I’m amazed by this blend. It’s hard to execute such a complex scent with all the ingredients present Here. I feel like I’m in scent heaven. Kudos to Sulaym!
 
Last edited:
Elysium - Sulaym

I don’t usually like blends but this one is exceptionally beautiful and vibrant. I’m getting bright floral notes, lightly carried by musk and Oud. The ambergris is making it last longer. I’m amazed by this blend. It’s hard to execute such a complex scent with all the ingredients present Here. I feel like I’m in scent heaven. Kudos to Sulaym!
This is the one when I first sniffed it I was repelled. I honestly did not like it as it was very intensely sweet/syrupy. But I gave it more time. Wore it for a couple of times and now I started liking it a lot. And only attar in my collection which is extremely long lasting.
 
Hekayat ASO.
I am not sure if ASO sells the 2.5gm bottles already macerating since some time past or they pour a new maceration with musk at the point of sale but this has been sitting since a few months now and becoming more and more musky. I am starting to really like the siberian musk now. Better smell profile than the Tibetan musk. Tibetan is very fecal.
 
'Tis done. Patchonkincense, born from fire, in concentrate form! Well… maybe not born from fire BUT DEFINITELY heated up briefly in a hot water bath to get some of the components to melt. This legendary (in my own mind) composition will go down in the annals of history as still at the "personal experimental fragrance" stage, so I am not pushing product here. Tonka, 22 y.o. patch, frank, oud, more patch, more tonka, special oddball labdanum oil, deerstongue, ambrette... not a citrus or perishable topnote material anywhere in sight, this one is meant to age, I worked with whatever top notes the heavy materials brought to the picture and tried to balance those.

There are so many things that could be added to this so the next stage is for me to wear this for a couple of weeks while layering different materials with it. I'm happy because I like the stuff the way it is, so this won't be one of those frustrating experiences of trying to correct something that's off… trying to perfect something that I like is much more gratifying. Once I find some good combinations by layering, then it's back to working on ratios with the micropipettes (but treating this blend as if it is a single ingredient)

I was using a product from one of the big manufacturers "cypriol heart" for my mini trials, but for this bigger one I'm using some of the cyperus oil that I got from @An Najwa - I just swapped it in and haven't tested it yet but I know it's going to make for a spicier and more appealing blend.

It's always a shock making the concentrate though because it never hits the same as the 10% diluted stock, for a number of reasons.
Here's an entirely uninformative picture of patchonkincense prototype #21 v 1.0 in a generic brown bottle:
IMG_6275.jpeg
 
Last edited:
This is the one when I first sniffed it I was repelled. I honestly did not like it as it was very intensely sweet/syrupy. But I gave it more time. Wore it for a couple of times and now I started liking it a lot. And only attar in my collection which is extremely long lasting.
yeah I get you. For me it’s musk that puts me off if it’s too overbearing. I don’t think it’s present in Elysium. That might be why it appealed to me.
 
Hekayat ASO.
I am not sure if ASO sells the 2.5gm bottles already macerating since some time past or they pour a new maceration with musk at the point of sale but this has been sitting since a few months now and becoming more and more musky. I am starting to really like the siberian musk now. Better smell profile than the Tibetan musk. Tibetan is very fecal.
brother Hekayat has been macerating for a few years.

when you first get your oils, best to open the top for a couple of minutes then close it again, rest it for a couple of days before you use it, the pressure change impacts fragrant materials and you want it to reach a stable equilibrium to your environment before you use it.
 
brother Hekayat has been macerating for a few years.

when you first get your oils, best to open the top for a couple of minutes then close it again, rest it for a couple of days before you use it, the pressure change impacts fragrant materials and you want it to reach a stable equilibrium to your environment before you use it.
Thank you brother for the tip. I did not know. Hekayat is getting really good. Musk is shining through. Really enjoying it.
 
Pink rose from Hasayan today. In spite of sampling this pretty much daily for at least a month, I was hit by something different today, stepping out into the spring air a most multifaceted rose bouquet swept over me. Good damascena oil is like this - at any given moment you can only smell a fraction of the spectrum of rose elements that it contains. Regular dabbing full strength reveals something. Dilution always reveals something else, as does wearing it in one space (indoors) and transitioning to another environment with different air parameters. That was my experience today - letting an oil settle into your system and then walking out into the fresh air can really reveal the hidden beauty of some of these oils and attars.
 
Frankincense Extrait from WabiSabi @Mr.P

Most realistic frankincense opening. Pure. Smells like opening a jar of top grade tears and digging your nose into it. I’m loving it.
Awesome!

I'm wearing an experimental mixture with the same frankincense tincture that is in that frank extrait, balanced with patchouli, tonka, @An Najwa nagarmotha, oud, deer's tongue, ambrette, labdanum and a few other things. All very heavy base materials, balanced to have an opening that I enjoy. A pretty restrained presence because everything is a fixative, so it makes for an unusual wearing experience compared to a more structured perfume including more volatile top and heart materials. The Tonka has a bit of a singing piercing quality (frank too which does give it a little bit of an engaging opening. Sometimes it seems quite strong other times it seems quite mild. Might up the ambrette a bit because that seems to add life to things.
 
Last edited:
Awesome!

I'm wearing an experimental mixture with the same frankincense tincture that is in that frank extrait, balanced with patchouli, tonka, @An Najwa nagarmotha, oud, deer's tongue, ambrette, labdanum and a few other things. All very heavy base materials, balanced to have an opening that I enjoy. A pretty restrained presence because everything is a fixative, so it makes for an unusual wearing experience compared to a more structured perfume including more volatile top and heart materials. The Tonka has a bit of a singing piercing quality (frank too which does give it a little bit of an engaging opening. Sometimes it seems quite strong other times it seems quite mild. Might up the ambrette a bit because that seems to add life to things.
Intriguing materials. I’m failing to picture how would they smell in this combo.
What’s your plan with it? Are you planning to keep it as is or intention is to build up on this base.
 
Intriguing materials. I’m failing to picture how would they smell in this combo.
What’s your plan with it? Are you planning to keep it as is or intention is to build up on this base.
This is not one that I anticipated, it emerged from a coincidental accord formed by unintended layering of things that I was testing individually, so I can understand not being able to picture it. I never pictured it it just popped up on my skin.

Starts tonka-frankincense, but if you start to inhale deeply the leafiness of the patchouli emerges. There is a sort of rosemary type accord somehow, but it's mild and sweet and not dominating, overall it is a sort of shifting spicy sweet resinous fragrance - a bit herbal (rosemary illusion), spicy. The labdanum and oud are subtle - a backup fullness and poplar bud aroma.

This will likely serve as a personal fragrance for me and a base for some future perfumes for sale. It's been my personal fragrance for about a month now (as I've stepped through the 20 versions of it) and I enjoy wearing it "as is" which was its original intent. I like this because it leaves a long addictive tail and surrounds me with a pleasant sweet spicy aroma but lays nice and low so it doesn't impose on others.
 
Awesome!

I'm wearing an experimental mixture with the same frankincense tincture that is in that frank extrait, balanced with patchouli, tonka, @An Najwa nagarmotha, oud, deer's tongue, ambrette, labdanum and a few other things. All very heavy base materials, balanced to have an opening that I enjoy. A pretty restrained presence because everything is a fixative, so it makes for an unusual wearing experience compared to a more structured perfume including more volatile top and heart materials. The Tonka has a bit of a singing piercing quality (frank too which does give it a little bit of an engaging opening. Sometimes it seems quite strong other times it seems quite mild. Might up the ambrette a bit because that seems to add life to things.
How will it do if you add some Davana to it?
 
Back
Top