Wearing Tea Jasmine from @Mr.P Absolutely stunning for warm weather. Green Mogra buds. Excellent!
That one has a little bit of the ruh motia that White Lotus used to sell back in 2012, along with an interesting CO2 extract of jasmine scented green tea (among other things - pretty short list of ingredients - 7 i think).
 
If you know me, you know, I love my Ajmal collection! I really slathered this on heavy today!

Mukhallat Dahn AL Oudh Moattaq CPO - 18 ML (0.6oz) By Ajmal

Bulgarian rose, dominant, this applies well with a few sprays of the Oud dominant 60ml spray perfume of the same name.

IMG_5237.jpeg
 
No, haven’t tried Khalouq.

Wow! You got a bottle……nice!

I got more last week but just a small amount,
too many other expenses. It’s really diificult to manage my want list, there’s just too many factors involved, but that’s what makes it fun😁
Trust me, I know where you are coming from.
I’ve been adding stuff in my cart and then deleting it at Japanincense for last two weeks. Way too many things to buy out there 😅
 
I got a sample of the Nectar Myanmar - a collaboration between @melkhaldi and @AlHind Oud. I have not applied a full swipe - just a trace dispersed on my arm. Actually I found it pretty striking right from the bottle. i get a pronounced appealing singing floral tuberose type note (I am reminded a little of Fracas!) from the bottle, and a sophisticated complex narcotic floral / abstract perfume accord with a real classical feel to it shows up on skin. I think i noticed a distinct animalic accord laying below the tuberose etc.. I will have to revisit that on the next dab. Seems powerful, well balanced, carefully composed - good perfume! 🙂
 
Elysium - Sulaym

An amazing blend of delightful and complex floral and ambergris scents. This is definitely one to keep in your stock. Some scents I worry that they might be overpowering, but this one I’m confident in.
Ylang Ylang. Taifi rose. Blackcurrant. Wild Phillipino Oud. Ambergris. Sometimes I just like to experience it from the lid, it never fails to trigger all the olfactory receptors.
 
True ruh motia is what I am wearing right now. Recently I've been struck by the intense greenness of the aroma of this oil, though I'm not sure if other people would see it as "green". There's a certain tartness that seems like it's sort of part of the way to resembling cis-3-hexenol's tart green cut grass quality. Very nice
 
Was checking out the @melkhaldi / @AlHind Oud Nectar Myanmar - I was fortunate to receive a sample along with a recent order from AlHind. I have already described some of its qualities - singing floral, complex sophisiticated heart, unusual (to me) multifaceted animalic facet. In this case, I assume it is the hyraceum (and castoreum) creating this different kind of presence because I’m not really reminded of musk or ambergris, but definitely get a good strong animal funk in there. I have yet to smell hyraceum in the raw - all of my dabbling is in the botanical realm although I have specimens of some animal ingredients for reference.
 
Was checking out the @melkhaldi / @AlHind Oud Nectar Myanmar - I was fortunate to receive a sample along with a recent order from AlHind. I have already described some of its qualities - singing floral, complex sophisiticated heart, unusual (to me) multifaceted animalic facet. In this case, I assume it is the hyraceum (and castoreum) creating this different kind of presence because I’m not really reminded of musk or ambergris, but definitely get a good strong animal funk in there. I have yet to smell hyraceum in the raw - all of my dabbling is in the botanical realm although I have specimens of some animal ingredients for reference.
The animalics are Civet, Hyraceum, Wool, and Catsoruem. Hyraceum is more of a nutty animalic profile. Wool is sweet-ish, the castoreum is leathery where the civet (two types) contributes some funky, and floral clove profile.
 
Last edited:
Enjoying some red indica rose otto from Hasayan village / region. Such an interesting Rose oil! Smells a little different every time I wear it but it has a certain bright sparkling focused quality that stands out each time.
 
Here is a visual comparison of young versus older distilled ruh motia. I have noticed that sambac gradually darkens as it ages.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Back
Top