Moroccan Blend - Sokkat AlTeeb

Top and middle floral rose notes with a middle and bottom benign Oud scent. Whenever I pick this one up I always put it back in favor of something else. Today I applied it and gave it the love it deserves.
 
I'm still "dealing with" the @An Najwa ghaliya here! I mean that in the most loving and appreciative sense.

In fact, my left forearm is STILL out of commission (for testing my own perfumes) today due to the outrageous performance of this blend which i applied yesterday afternoon. Legendary performance for an all natural blend I think!

I have learned from past experience not to test my fragrances on the same arm where I have applied the Ghaliya Banu Hashim because EVERY TIME I forget this rule I end up smelling some combination of something I made and the base of this ghaliya, and thinking "wow, I have really outdone myself here - how'd I manage to pull that off??" only to have to crash back to earth later when I finally realize what's going on. It has literally happened to me at least three times with the original GBH.

This is one I would wear much more often if I were not making perfume myself.
 
I'm still "dealing with" the @An Najwa ghaliya here! I mean that in the most loving and appreciative sense.

In fact, my left forearm is STILL out of commission (for testing my own perfumes) today due to the outrageous performance of this blend which i applied yesterday afternoon. Legendary performance for an all natural blend I think!

I have learned from past experience not to test my fragrances on the same arm where I have applied the Ghaliya Banu Hashim because EVERY TIME I forget this rule I end up smelling some combination of something I made and the base of this ghaliya, and thinking "wow, I have really outdone myself here - how'd I manage to pull that off??" only to have to crash back to earth later when I finally realize what's going on. It has literally happened to me at least three times with the original GBH.

This is one I would wear much more often if I were not making perfume myself.
Is ghaliya bani hashim II already out?
 
I'm wearing Eden Boctanical’ Agarwood CO2 from 2014. My bottle 15mls) is clogged up. Agarwood is almost paste like when it ages. At least the CO2 is. So I have to warm it in hot water to get it to liquify but its well worth it.
 
I’m so glad to see someone mention them. I just found them online last night and was going to post n here if anyone had ordered. I have that rose attar book marked, as well as about 20 other things! How’s the sandalwood aspect. That to me is the make or break for any attar. Happy to see they sell codistillations.
I just them up now, good pricing. But no agar.
 
I'm wearing Eden Boctanical’ Agarwood CO2 from 2014. My bottle 15mls) is clogged up. Agarwood is almost paste like when it ages. At least the CO2 is. So I have to warm it in hot water to get it to liquify but its well worth it.

These carbon dioxide total extracts are very very different from the distilled essential oils. I enjoyed them but they have quite a different aroma.
 
I'm wearing Eden Boctanical’ Agarwood CO2 from 2014. My bottle 15mls) is clogged up. Agarwood is almost paste like when it ages. At least the CO2 is. So I have to warm it in hot water to get it to liquify but its well worth it.

These carbon dioxide total extracts are very very different from the distilled essential oils. I enjoyed them but they have quite a different aroma.
Hi @Mr.P I have little experience with Oud as an oil. As you know I have biolandes 1 & 2 both bought in 2017, very animalic. 1 is from brown wood, and 2 from white wood. I have White Lotus aromatic oil. And I spilled 2 bottles of them I may have .5 to 1ml left in total. But I did buy ASO’s Rakheem last night. Cost a pretty penny but it sounds amazing!
 
Last edited:
I stumbled on something fun today. I have this basic patchouli / tonka accord that I have been iterating for a while - I have about 25 different versions. I'd settled on one that was nice but the harmony was very much in the heart and base notes and the top notes were a little bit unconventional/ jarring. So I have been layering it with traces of different things for weeks, trying to find something that will harmonize with the top notes and yield quickly enough to allow the heart/base accord that I had already formulated to shine through.

Today i was trying rose oil and just due to physical clumsiness I layered with an excessive amount of it, making the rose dominant and swamping (mostly) the patchouli/ tonka blend.

To my surprise this combination is the solution to another problem that I had been tackling from a different angle: trying to reproduce the aroma of the leaves of sweetbriar (Rosa eglanteria) aka eglantine which is just a KILLER rose adjacent scent. What is unique about the species is the leaves are covered with sticky resin with a beautiful peppery and spicy aroma that is also quite rosey, and when the plant is in bloom the overall experience is just sublime.

Anyway the surprise is that this combination smells very much like sweetbrier, almost photorealistic - to the point where it reminded me of subtle nuances of the living plant that I had forgotten about altogether (and were not even part of my concept of the eglantine fragrance that I had been trying to develop separately).

I feel like this pairing is a complete Eglantine fragrance... totally unexpected and better than I had hoped to achieve through my deliberate attempts to make an Eglantine. I'm just shocked… there's still work to do but I just never expected to have this particular puzzle solved from these experiments. Feels like a small miracle... I keep double checking because it's hard to believe

I actually find the creative process of making perfume fascinating… I have learned a lot and I think about fragrances very differently than I did just a year ago. there are some very strange things about the process, I have all kinds of thoughts on that but maybe those are better for my Instagram because they're not really so much oud related, and they might be the kind of things that are only interesting if you're actually in the midst of doing the same thing.
 
Special reserve 2 by Al Hashimi
It’s not for the faint of heart I’ll be honest, an explosion of Cambodi oud and Animalics. Including a rare vintage musk extract, Ethiopian civet and loads of ambergris. Weather today permits wearing it , so does my mood. Just a couple drops on my wrist that are then rubbed behind my ears.
It also has a distinct scent that drew me in right away, a kind of nostalgia, it smells very similar to the traditional bukhoor/incense balls we used to burn in my house, although I doubt those had real deer musk or civet, but the incense note, and the oud from there are very present in SR2.
I’d recommend it to anyone seeking a strong, regal, nostalgic scent. It’ll probably smell really good diluted in sandalwood, or in a new sweet trat oud oil with careful blending.
 
Last edited:
Yaqoot II by ASO. Reigns supreme. For me, This is the king of attars. There is no sweetness. No florals whatsoever. Only oud and a lot of musk aged and macerated well. You put on this and people get subconsciously drawn towards you. No joking.
You my brother have noticed the power of musk and Oudh done well. I can totally relate.

I don't get to smell my work that often worn by someone else a total public space. Especially to be caught out by it not knowing who has it. A few weeks ago at the Mosque I was in my own world, and out of nowhere I caught a whiff of this most captivating musk bubble, it was as though I had stepped into a different dimension, I was totally absorbed by it. I thought to myself, this is incredible, I looked around trying to figure out who it could be, then I noted a customer of mine sitting some spots away, so I had to ask. He had the biggest smile on his face, and said he experiences the same everytime he encounters me and I am wearing musk. It is such a captivating experience when you come across someone else wearing a good Oudh + musk blend. I also normally wear Yaqoot II I love the Godfather element it gives.

For those who want to know what he was wearing, it was Zumurrud.
 
You my brother have noticed the power of musk and Oudh done well. I can totally relate.

I don't get to smell my work that often worn by someone else a total public space. Especially to be caught out by it not knowing who has it. A few weeks ago at the Mosque I was in my own world, and out of nowhere I caught a whiff of this most captivating musk bubble, it was as though I had stepped into a different dimension, I was totally absorbed by it. I thought to myself, this is incredible, I looked around trying to figure out who it could be, then I noted a customer of mine sitting some spots away, so I had to ask. He had the biggest smile on his face, and said he experiences the same everytime he encounters me and I am wearing musk. It is such a captivating experience when you come across someone else wearing a good Oudh + musk blend. I also normally wear Yaqoot II I love the Godfather element it gives.

For those who want to know what he was wearing, it was Zumurrud.
I had a choice to buy Al Ghaliyah II or a backup of Yaqoot II and I chose Yaqoot II
That’s how good it is. Ghaliyah 2 is incredible on its own but I couldn’t resist additional Yaqoot.
 
You my brother have noticed the power of musk and Oudh done well. I can totally relate.

I don't get to smell my work that often worn by someone else a total public space. Especially to be caught out by it not knowing who has it. A few weeks ago at the Mosque I was in my own world, and out of nowhere I caught a whiff of this most captivating musk bubble, it was as though I had stepped into a different dimension, I was totally absorbed by it. I thought to myself, this is incredible, I looked around trying to figure out who it could be, then I noted a customer of mine sitting some spots away, so I had to ask. He had the biggest smile on his face, and said he experiences the same everytime he encounters me and I am wearing musk. It is such a captivating experience when you come across someone else wearing a good Oudh + musk blend. I also normally wear Yaqoot II I love the Godfather element it gives.

For those who want to know what he was wearing, it was Zumurrud.
I love both Yaqoot and Zumurrud.

But to me Zumurrud has much more of a musk blast than Yaqoot. You’ve captured musk here perfectly. Misk paste does this also.

Yaqoot is musk covered in dark leather and oud. It has an affect on people and projection that is off the charts.

Ghaliyah has this mystical perfume bakhoor thing going on
 
You my brother have noticed the power of musk and Oudh done well. I can totally relate.

I don't get to smell my work that often worn by someone else a total public space. Especially to be caught out by it not knowing who has it. A few weeks ago at the Mosque I was in my own world, and out of nowhere I caught a whiff of this most captivating musk bubble, it was as though I had stepped into a different dimension, I was totally absorbed by it. I thought to myself, this is incredible, I looked around trying to figure out who it could be, then I noted a customer of mine sitting some spots away, so I had to ask. He had the biggest smile on his face, and said he experiences the same everytime he encounters me and I am wearing musk. It is such a captivating experience when you come across someone else wearing a good Oudh + musk blend. I also normally wear Yaqoot II I love the Godfather element it gives.

For those who want to know what he was wearing, it was Zumurrud.
The Zumurudd is nice rich dignified stuff! Would love to have an encounter with someone wearing that some day. I have in fact had exactly 1 (one) chance encounter with another human with a detectable trace of oud on them in my life so far. It was an older woman, likely Islamic based on her attire - swished past me in downtown Portland Oregon. That's it!

Disappointed by my neighbors 😂
 
Got some goodies in the mail:

Tonka absolute
Szechuan pepper co2
Peru balsam absolute
Frankincense supercritical
Patchoulol isolate
And most interesting to me, a new batch of "extra" grade jasmine absolute 🥰 - just delicious
 
Last edited:
Back
Top