I got some jasmine oil on Thursday on the East coast of the US after ordering on Sunday! Last order took a week to ship due, was told it was due
to a holiday. Average is about 1 week from placing the order.
I ordered from them wed, I'm in NYC, and they already shipped. But he is expensive
 
I ment in the sense of responding to emails etc


A mixed bag. Professional and friendly when it comes to ordering, shipping and payment. Had a few ignored requests and an unfriendly response to a friendly request for help tracking down a material that was not listed for sale (but would obviously be available from the vendors they order from). There's more than one way to say no to a friendly request, this one made it clear that the request itself was unwelcome without saying so directly. My conclusion: good for ordering what they have in stock and getting questions answered about your orders, but they're not a place to go to try to get help finding something special.
 
Last edited:
A mixed bag. Professional and friendly when it comes to shipping and payment. Had a few ignored requests and an unfriendly response to a friendly request for help tracking down a material that was not listed for sale (but would obviously be available from the vendors they order from). There's more than one way to say no to a friendly request, this one made it clear that the request itself was unwelcome without saying so directly.

I would say everything is fine if you're ordering what they have in stock and have questions about your orders but they're not a place to go to try to get help finding something special.
My experience reflects this. We put a sizeable order via the online system when you first recommended them. As one would expect the website did what it should. Then when we tried a larger order via email it was very slow and we had to chase them, at which point I didn't bother any more as most of the ingredients I can get directly.
 
Rayhaan @SULAYM . Got this during the deal along with other attars. I put some dry siberian musk grains in it and after about two weeks in, the basil and jasmine notes has smoothed out so much. In fact basil notes are no more present. The maceration of musk in it transformed the attar into something different altogether. The top notes of jasmine and basil have now transformed into licorice anise notes.
 
My experience reflects this. We put a sizeable order via the online system when you first recommended them. As one would expect the website did what it should. Then when we tried a larger order via email it was very slow and we had to chase them, at which point I didn't bother any more as most of the ingredients I can get directly.
That's great you have options and can purchase directly. Much better pricing I imagine as well.

from where I stand, it's fantastic that the business exists and I'll take what I can get because I have wanted access to those finer high end florals and other naturals like he carries for many many years. There was a company in the 90s that sold oils like these but they closed down long ago. I can't tell you the number of mediocre Jasmine grandiflorum absolute samples I have sniffed in the intervening years.
 
I finally found my sample of SQ Rose / Oud blend from @An Najwa - I was sweating bullets because I had lost track of where I put it, but fortunately it was not so hard to turn up. I get a sense of a very rich full traditionally distilled well aged "SQ style" oud for sure, and a nice clear rich tangy vibrant rose, bright rosey and a bit geranium leaning as opposed to citrus leaning. very nice marriage of two classic materials - I will need to wear this a couple more times to really understand it.
 
Speaking of oud rose, do you want to know what is TASTY!? I will tell you what is tasty: the new batch of Begum OG from @mesOUD is an olfactory delight. It is crackling with deliciousness. The oud and rose are in this really nice balance, at the moment that oud is really what's catching my attention- like I am mainlining dark old ancient resin rich sinking wood dusted with its own crumbled resin... rich, resinous, savory, salty in a very satisfying way. And this one is not restrained it just grabs you from the moment you interact with it.
 
On the topic of rose oud,
Just wanted to chime in with

Hindi Love Affair - Faizal Privee

Classic scent done well. Opens up with a burst of rose, quickly follows the classic quality Hindi oud profile. Now a gentle rose background.
Good projection, so far lasting 7+ hours with a swipe. Loving this one
 
Rayhaan @SULAYM . Got this during the deal along with other attars. I put some dry siberian musk grains in it and after about two weeks in, the basil and jasmine notes has smoothed out so much. In fact basil notes are no more present. The maceration of musk in it transformed the attar into something different altogether. The top notes of jasmine and basil have now transformed into licorice anise notes.
This is a good idea! I haven't worn mine yet because even from the unopened cap the scent of basil is jarring.

How much musk did you use?
 
@An Najwa Ghaliya Banu Hashim II
Right off the dipstick, i get a lot of oud. Hindi oud. Oud with heavy base. Salty. Chocolaty. Musky.
Camphor provides a nice contrasting coolness in the opening.
Rose-oud fused together. It’s like looking at gulab through a kaleidoscopic oud lens.
This composition is rugged, multilayered, powerful, mysterious and engaging.

I think there are at least a 1/4 gram of musk grains in my bottle. That means it’s only getting better with time 😃
 
Last edited:
I have got some KILLER ruh motia on my arm here - the stuff is so concentrated and evocative- it's like the aroma of summer compounded and folded over on itself. If you apply a big swipe it's too much but a tiny speck explodes and it's like being in Sicily, sitting in the shade in the afternoon downwind of a sambac plant. A lot of sunscreen in the United States seems to feature sambac adjacent notes, so to some degree also it reminds me of being at the beach or a pool, the aroma of sunblock and ozone and water and whatever flowers happen to be blossoming... carried on the breeze. Sublime and it is just begging to be combined with some sandalwood and /or salty ambergris.
 
I have got some KILLER ruh motia on my arm here - the stuff is so concentrated and evocative- it's like the aroma of summer compounded and folded over on itself. If you apply a big swipe it's too much but a tiny speck explodes and it's like being in Sicily, sitting in the shade in the afternoon downwind of a sambac plant. A lot of sunscreen in the United States seems to feature sambac adjacent notes, so to some degree also it reminds me of being at the beach or a pool, the aroma of sunblock and ozone and water and whatever flowers happen to be blossoming... carried on the breeze. Sublime and it is just begging to be combined with some sandalwood and /or salty ambergris.
From Hasayan?
 
From Hasayan?
Yes - very fresh batch - when it arrived it really felt like it was fresh out of the still - I could smell the distillation waters, the stewed flower petal aroma (which has a little bit of overlap with fresh Rose otto in a certain sense) the whole thing is really beautiful. It seems to become a little more fruity with time and that fresh hydrosol / cooked petal note recedes.

In a certain way the cooked aroma makes it a little bit less of a pure clean unmodified sambac scent and more of a unique aroma if its own. But it contains some of the most wonderful concentrated facets of the sambac flower in quite a different way than the absolute. Absolute can be a little closer to the flower in some ways.
 
I'm not sure where a review of somebody's soap goes but I'll put it here… @Goodness Nose sent me a bar of his vetiver soap which I have finally been enjoying. Really nice strong aroma, seems he was generous with the vetiver oil! Smells like a nice Haitian vetiver to me.
 
Back
Top