Sulaym - Elysium (Édition de Musc)

This is a real banger! It began like the first edition but the A/C is broken in hot climate and that makes the scent even stronger.

Beautiful florals and ambergris notes. Beneath a musk that’s formidable. The florals feel toned down from the first edition due to this. But this iteration just feels right. The combination is more refined and enjoyable just as much as the first edition. But I think I prefer this one due to the added musk. It’s not in your face, but it’s there and the musk maceration went beautifully, producing a rich and balanced result. And the Oud is top notch stuff. Every element shines in this beauty.

Really happy now.

Thanks for the Mahogany Cap and putting out a great Attar. @SULAYM

Elysium EdM.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Agastache rugosa (Haisoko) extract. Sweet, a bit medicinal, a tad dry-dusty, a smell like wine cork, a bit pungent and herbal/spicey - maybe akin to licorice or anise? I am having trouble pinning this one down and I can't say I recognize it specifically from Japanese incense - I would guess it would contribute a kind of general licorice-like sweetness. apparently this herb is an important part of japanese incense masalas.
 
Last edited:
Lupus and Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanical Minimalism

This is my 2nd application of this stuff and it is even more amazing. First the Jasmine, then the musk, then the Oud hit you - in that order. It all smells clean and blended beautifully and wears well with Cambodi Caramel from EO I applied earlier.@Joe is a master of his craft. Looking forward to other orders I made arriving.

Botanical minimalism.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Lupus and Vega - Jasmine Oud/Botanical Minimalism

This is my 2nd application of this stuff and it is even more amazing. First the Jasmine, then the musk, then the Oud hit you - in that order. It all smells clean and blended beautifully and wears well either Cambodi Caramel from EO I applied earlier.@Joe is a master of his craft. Looking forward to other orders I made arriving.

View attachment 50469
Thank you, @mobyus. I need the boost right now; it's much appreciated. I just spent three hours making a new one called "Shared Bond: Oud, Civet, & Ambergris"--not sure if I'm going to keep the name, but I'm looking forward to what it turns out after maturing!
 
Thank you, @mobyus. I need the boost right now; it's much appreciated. I just spent three hours making a new one called "Shared Bond: Oud, Civet, & Ambergris"--not sure if I'm going to keep the name, but I'm looking forward to what it turns out after maturing!
Maybe just shorten it to “Shared Bond”.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Joe
Vintage Tibetan musk in NTT sandalwood - Yusa Aromatics. Soft and subtle is probably my best description. No overpowering musk notes here. A very healthy serving of grains in the bottle. Disappears very quickly on my skin so I feel that route is a waste. I'll try it on some clothing next.
 
Vintage Tibetan musk in NTT sandalwood - Yusa Aromatics. Soft and subtle is probably my best description. No overpowering musk notes here. A very healthy serving of grains in the bottle. Disappears very quickly on my skin so I feel that route is a waste. I'll try it on some clothing next.
I wonder how long it had been macerating. Maybe put it away for awhile and see what happens.
 
Vintage Tibetan musk in NTT sandalwood - Yusa Aromatics. Soft and subtle is probably my best description. No overpowering musk notes here. A very healthy serving of grains in the bottle. Disappears very quickly on my skin so I feel that route is a waste. I'll try it on some clothing next.
i'm trying to remember if this is the same one that I smelled roughly a year ago or so.

Musk and sandalwood becomes this kind of thick chocolate(?) felty scent that merges with the base of the sandalwood. If anything showcases the power of sandalwood this is it. Such a contrast to the tincture or the extract in oud or patchouli or vetiver that I have smelled. Speaking of which, @LasLunas had some Ensar florals and infusions and perfumes... most of them did not really leave much of an impression - good enough but nothing striking with one exception: an infusion of musk into vetiver - made me realize that it's actually a good carrier for musk.

I'm repeating myself here but @Goodness Nose sent me a sample of musk and sandalwood where there was so much musk that it actually punched through pretty clearly - but it was not really a liquid. Kind of a slush of grains and sandalwood.
 
i'm trying to remember if this is the same one that I smelled roughly a year ago or so.

Musk and sandalwood becomes this kind of thick chocolate(?) felty scent that merges with the base of the sandalwood. If anything showcases the power of sandalwood this is it. Such a contrast to the tincture or the extract in oud or patchouli or vetiver that I have smelled. Speaking of which, @LasLunas had some Ensar florals and infusions and perfumes... most of them did not really leave much of an impression - good enough but nothing striking with one exception: an infusion of musk into vetiver - made me realize that it's actually a good carrier for musk.

I'm repeating myself here but @Goodness Nose sent me a sample of musk and sandalwood where there was so much musk that it actually punched through pretty clearly - but it was not really a liquid. Kind of a slush of grains and sandalwood.
The one I have is just new to the website. I have no idea on the length of the maceration? Definitely no chocolate.
 
The one I have is just new to the website. I have no idea on the length of the maceration? Definitely no chocolate.
doesn't literally smell like chocolate - I should've elaborated - I mean it has this kind of heavy mustiness like dark chocolate or really more like unsweetened cocoa. not the specimen you have in particular but just an impression I get with the musk/sandalwood combination in general.
 
Vintage Tibetan musk in NTT sandalwood - Yusa Aromatics. Soft and subtle is probably my best description. No overpowering musk notes here. A very healthy serving of grains in the bottle. Disappears very quickly on my skin so I feel that route is a waste. I'll try it on some clothing next.

Thanks for your feedback! This musk was macerated for 3 months before release so we could offer it at a friendlier price. Over time it will deepen, gain richness. Musk macerations typically need 12 months to reach it's full potential and continue to get better with age. We would recommend you keep the bottle in you pocket so it can get some gentle body heat and also shake the vial regularly to speed up the process.
 
Lupus & Vega....Virtue

Sensational Amber attar with surprising spurts of effervescence every now and again, slightly smoky vanilla, French toasty aroma, maybe cinnamon with glace' undertones, woodiness pervades the space. Somewhat of a Hedonistic profile to me, and I adore this composition. I have been meaning to place an order as I eek out the last smidgin from a generous sample provided by Joe @lupus&Vega.com
 
Lupus & Vega....Virtue

Sensational Amber attar with surprising spurts of effervescence every now and again, slightly smoky vanilla, French toasty aroma, maybe cinnamon with glace' undertones, woodiness pervades the space. Somewhat of a Hedonistic profile to me, and I adore this composition. I have been meaning to place an order as I eek out the last smidgin from a generous sample provided by Joe @lupus&Vega.com
awe, thanks, @LasLunas I'm delighted that you like it, and what a great description!
 
Thanks for your feedback! This musk was macerated for 3 months before release so we could offer it at a friendlier price. Over time it will deepen, gain richness. Musk macerations typically need 12 months to reach it's full potential and continue to get better with age. We would recommend you keep the bottle in you pocket so it can get some gentle body heat and also shake the vial regularly to speed up the process.
Ah sweet, thanks! That was the little bit of information I was missing. That actually turns the bottle into a study project which is very exciting.
 
Back
Top