Scent Talks - Red Hot Rose III

This attar is touching all the right spots for me. The natural scent of roses comes out. It’s not roses in the powdery sense. It’s the stock, the stem, the leaves, the petals, and the dew that gently flows off the rose - gaining its scent and qualities. This is one of those remarkable attars that has wow’d me second time around. It’s from a very generous sample. I will be procuring this and the others that came with my order of Cuir de Tabac and The Black Stone. Its also a good base by which to mix and match with ouds, perfumes and attars - should you wish to go down that road.
 
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

Added this to Red Hot Rose III and the combination is explosive. You’ve got the leather notes dancing off the top with pink peppercorn and orange blossom. There’s cinnamon, saffron, and sandalwood in the heart. And at the base you have this musky cigar note along with Hindi Oud. It’s something to behold. The red hot rose wraps it all up under a comfy halo.
 
Sulaym - Jade Blaze

I love the lavender and the Taif rose and SQ Jasmine. All meld beautifully together. I feel like I’m floating atop a bed of florals when I wear this. And my Jade Blaze is about to finish which means I’m going to get the Édition de musc really soon.
 
Sulaym - HM Royal Jardin

Finest Oud and rose combo I have ever smelt. Extremely delicious. The Maroke in there really takes the composition to a whole new level. Pair that with the zesty sharpness of the Taif rose it really becomes something special.
 
Sulaym - Elysium

I had to give the OG Elysium some love so I decided to wear it to celebrate my 4 days of annual leave. A staycation. I’m moved by the salty ambergris that intensifies the other notes, and the beautiful dewy florals, and the Oud. It’s bliss in a bottle.
 
Sulaym - Elysium

I had to give the OG Elysium some love so I decided to wear it to celebrate my 4 days of annual leave. A staycation. I’m moved by the salty ambergris, and the beautiful dewy florals, and the Oud. It’s bliss in a bottle.
Would have loved to try the OG and EDM version of Elysium but unfortunately didn't get the chance to do so as it was sold out by the time i got to it.
 
Labdanum is fascinating - so many variations and pretty complex / sophisticated stuff. i'm actually looking forward to broadening my collection but I've actually got quite a stash of different extractions. It kind of surprises me I never see people talking about this material here because it incorporates notes that many people seem to love around here.

I'm not sure which extract to mention here - one of my favorites is an old very sweet and incensey one that I got from White Lotus - it was a very pale color, somewhat waxy just amazing stuff unusually rich and pungent and almost confectionery. I've also smelled some excellent light absolutes from Eden and Fraterworks - well worth acquiring.

And some of the stuff is just terrible, smells so much like dung I can't use it at all.

Labdanum is the only material other than geosmin (and OG ajmal AA musk gazelle lol) where I have to keep the bottles in a sealed metal container - they will "stain" the background scent of my laboratory if left out.

Fascinating, I need to spend more time doing comparisons of different types of extracts, it's quite a rabbit hole! I'm still looking for the ultimate clean dung-free labdanum... some of the best responses I have had (in others) to a fragrance that I was personally wearing was when wearing clean incensey labdanum.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2546.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Interesting story behind this there was an exhibition for oud and perfumes obviously I went there there were many known middle eastern houses there some were individuals vendors there as well so I would go to the not so common ones and ask them for perfume oil use on kabah and then I came across this Kuwaiti brand called mecca at ul mukarammah they showed me this oil and had deer musk grains in it , this oil I am not able to break it down but Mashallah it’s heavenly there is definitely some florals but it’s not the typical rose it’s something very deep can’t really explain it paired with this musk

And the lasting i have never come across an oil that last this long after multiple abulutions and and playing sports the oil lasted for 2 days in skin I put on my forearm and it took the smell in the sleeves as well the smell stayed in the clothes for 3-4 days exceptional stuff
Sadly didn’t take their contact so don’t know if I will be able to cope another one or not
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2025.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 71
And some of the stuff is just terrible, smells so much like dung I can't use it at all.
I would have never guessed Labdanum would have such facets to it! One thing I have to remind myself constantly with naturals is how you're at the mercy of nature and the extraction process! Coming from the concept of notes in commercial fragrances, one tends to assume things smell consistent and to great extent, pleasant! With naturals you are never sure what's coming along for the ride!
 
Interesting story behind this there was an exhibition for oud and perfumes obviously I went there there were many known middle eastern houses there some were individuals vendors there as well so I would go to the not so common ones and ask them for perfume oil use on kabah and then I came across this Kuwaiti brand called mecca at ul mukarammah they showed me this oil and had deer musk grains in it , this oil I am not able to break it down but Mashallah it’s heavenly there is definitely some florals but it’s not the typical rose it’s something very deep can’t really explain it paired with this musk

And the lasting i have never come across an oil that last this long after multiple abulutions and and playing sports the oil lasted for 2 days in skin I put on my forearm and it took the smell in the sleeves as well the smell stayed in the clothes for 3-4 days exceptional stuff
Sadly didn’t take their contact so don’t know if I will be able to cope another one or not
See normally I'd been obsessed with trying to trace this company down, but luckily for me (and you I suppose), you mentioned it was a Kuwaiti company and from my exploration on the web I recalled a brand known as Mecca Al Mukarramah perfumes, and the erased off log on the bottle you shared does seem like it could be a perfect match!
 
scent_talks - Cocoa Oud - You order an espresso at a small cafe, when the waiter comes back with your order, you're offered rose water kolonya, which smells nearly identical to pure rose water. You take some and rub it on your hands and wipe the rest on your beard. The espresso is then placed in front of you, a square of dark chocolate resting next to it on the saucer, has melted slightly and you take a spoon and mix it into the coffee. This blend captures the scent of that first sip, warm notes of coffee and chocolate, and the scent of rose water on your hands, flooding your mind. There's a lot of Hindi ouds here adding their chocolatey nuances but also tempering the Ta'ifi rose, bringing it down from the energetic citrus like facets to a sweeter more pink-ish hue. A delectable blend, yet not gourmand in how I view the term. The coffee and cocoa absolutes work so well with the ouds paired with this blend, because they enhance each other instead of competing! There's a scent of Ta'ifi rose which only a certain type of oud can bring out, and it's not something you can usually layer the otto with a oud to achieve, it's fruity and bright but sweet as well, and it almost dances upon oud, and it's dangerously delectable, and I can feel it here!
 
Sulaym - HM Royal Ghaliyah

This is the one that I like to sit and spend time with in the silence of the night. I don't think I have the vocabulary to describe this one in a way that will do it justice the way some fellow members here could but I will try my best.

The opening is so heavenly sweet and beautiful its mesmerising. The musk, the vintage Hindi, the Burmi, the Taif seamlessly work together as though they were destined to meet. You can really feel the quality, the essence of each ingredient. It's not just 'nice' but truly captivating, the kind that transports you to another realm. The kind that you allow yourself to surrender to.

The dry down.....to my nose personally, the taif graciously fades away in the background. The musk and Oud gently collide and overlap but with the musk at the forefront. What's left is a seductively sweet and soft residue and the only thing that (sort of) comes close to it is Arabian Oud's King Fahad blend, but even thats a stretch.
 
Lupus & Vega - Sanctum Aureum

Few attars bring me delight but this one is just fantastic. The ingredients are carefully sourced to create a banger of an attar. I’m getting the ylang ylang, orange blossom, benzoin, and sandalwood.. I’m enjoying this @Joe. It’s like a light cinnamon bun.
 
Last edited:
Lupus & Vega - Sanctum Aureum

Few attars bring me delight but this one is just fantastic. The ingredients are carefully sourced to create a banger of an attar. I’m getting the ylang ylang, orange blossom, benzoin, and sandalwood.. I’m enjoying this @Joe. It’s like a light cinnamon bun.
Don't ya just love that opening, that slightly peppery almost fresh cut pine wood scent on an chilly autumn morning 🤤Not sure if I mentioned this to you @Joe I might have, but when I was recovering from anosmia, post getting sick, this opening was one of the few things I could smell even a little bit of, and it felt so incredible! I couldn't taste food or coffee, yet this was the one reprieve during that terrible couple of weeks!
 
Don't ya just love that opening, that slightly peppery almost fresh cut pine wood scent on an chilly autumn morning 🤤Not sure if I mentioned this to you @Joe I might have, but when I was recovering from anosmia, post getting sick, this opening was one of the few things I could smell even a little bit of, and it felt so incredible! I couldn't taste food or coffee, yet this was the one reprieve during that terrible couple of weeks!


Haha, of course, my perfume was the first you smelled; it's at 100% concentration! (Glad that brain of yours worked.)
 
I would have never guessed Labdanum would have such facets to it! One thing I have to remind myself constantly with naturals is how you're at the mercy of nature and the extraction process! Coming from the concept of notes in commercial fragrances, one tends to assume things smell consistent and to great extent, pleasant! With naturals you are never sure what's coming along for the ride!
Changes every year, from place to place, weather, microclimates... all part of the journey.
 
I would have never guessed Labdanum would have such facets to it! One thing I have to remind myself constantly with naturals is how you're at the mercy of nature and the extraction process! Coming from the concept of notes in commercial fragrances, one tends to assume things smell consistent and to great extent, pleasant! With naturals you are never sure what's coming along for the ride!
It is a little bit like oud - wide range of expressions possible from more or less the same material - there's more than one species, distinct geographic regions, and very strong effects of extraction method on the resulting aroma it seems. I wonder if I have some abnormal sensitivity to the cow dung / unwashed bum aspect of labdanum because I don't often hear other people mention it. because I'm not sure if it's my over sensitivity or if it's the actual smell of the oil, I'm very careful about which labdanum i wear lol. As I said this species is odd to me and is the only oil I have to keep in a double container, as a single closed bottle of an extract left out in anywhere my fragrance lab ruins the scent of the room for me. More of an issue with the solvent extractions than the distillations.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top