I lost this absolute beauty a few months ago and only found it today. It's only right I give it a reunion swipe 😭. Aged for over 4 decades in camel skin. A beautiful composition of Taif rose (a personal favourite) and Maroke oud. Absolute masterpiece šŸ”„
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I lost this absolute beauty a few months ago and only found it today. It's only right I give it a reunion swipe 😭. Aged for over 4 decades in camel skin. A beautiful composition of Taif rose (a personal favourite) and Maroke oud. Absolute masterpiece šŸ”„
View attachment 51413
Nice! Lucky you!

How did the taif rose absolute last after that 40 years? I know that other dama rosas Otto would lose its punch after about 10 or so years of your average, Bulgarian Rosa dama. I know taif isn’t a special species, but it is treated as a whole different kind of rose based on the location and the morning the petals are picked.
 
The personal blend I worked on under the advice of an established perfumer is made from a Barney, dirty Hindi and Tai. There’s something between the tension between the bright citrusy-lemony taif and dark, dank, animatic Hindi oud that is utterly romantic. (He told me how to blend the materials together, I got those right, just not the order of the blend.)
 
Nice! Lucky you!

How did the taif rose absolute last after that 40 years? I know that other dama rosas Otto would lose its punch after about 10 or so years of your average, Bulgarian Rosa dama. I know taif isn’t a special species, but it is treated as a whole different kind of rose based on the location and the morning the petals are picked.
Yeah, Taif absolutely can lose its sparkle over time, especially if it’s been stored in conditions that push oxidation. In this case though, whatever aging it went through seems to have acted more like a slow maceration than a straight evaporation oxidation cycle. I’m not saying it stayed ā€˜fresh’, it hasn’t. But it hasn’t gone linear or waxy either, which is usually the death sign for old rose. The aldehydic bite is toned down, and what’s left is that dry, spiced Taif signature folded into the Maroke. I've also got Sulaym's Taif on its own, and that one is noticeably more crisp and brighter in the opening. I can’t verify the exact chemical pathway after 40 years, but on skin it behaves more like a matured attar than an over aged rose absolute. It feels integrated, not faded/muted.
 
Sulaym - Layla

What hits me first is the French Jasmine and the tea, floral, and apricot notes of Champaca, then the musk, then the Borneo oud. It’s a beautiful composition enhanced by musk and oud. It’s a stand-alone attar and nothing like Jade Blaze or Elysium. It’s light and not too aggressive.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Layla.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 92
Scent Talks - The Black Stone

From the time I’ve been collecting scent talks’ products I keep getting wow’d each time I apply them. The Black Stone is no exception. It has Jasmine, Taif rose, musk, saffron, spices (I think he’s putting fairy dust I don’t know because there’s something magical in the spices), patchouli, vetiver, Hindi, and Cambodian ouds (This isn’t even the entire ingredient list). This mix or elixir is so beautiful that it always puts me in a good mood. How he manages to make a lovely composition out of so many ingredients and blend it is beyond me.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Black Stone 2.webp
    94 KB · Views: 68
Hi Salam Ouddicts šŸ™‚

AlHind Oud Bilquis 2 šŸÆšŸ„šŸ„žšŸŒ¼šŸŒ¾šŸ¦šŸ¤¤

When Ck meet Santal
When honey meet butter
Flowers and woods dancing together…
In a magic world where 1 + 1 = 1
The Codistill of the two best woody scent sharing something enchanting!
If Rose is the perfect wife for Hindi Oud like Begum …
The sandalwood is the best friend of Agarwood.
One gives power to the other , and the other gives depth to the one.
Together the are stronger !

Bilquis is so beautiful… I need more of this addicting juice
One of the best Codistill I’ve ever smell without any doubt !

I wish you all a very Gooud swipe šŸ˜‡
 
patchoulol natural isolate in ethanol, maybe 20% patchoulol 80% alcohol. it's a beautiful abstract dry woody version of patchouli that is very much patchouly but almost like a cartoon or illustration or sketch of it compared to the lush complex multifaceted essential oil. I think it's exceptional I love the stuff
 
Ensar Oud—Kinam Rouge Ghalia
Cherry cola in the opening and then beautiful red flowers with subtle leathery musk and a slightly bitter ā€œKinamic-vibeā€ oud.
Red champaca seems to be more prominent than roses in the drydown, beautifully blended with a big amount of musk.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, Taif absolutely can lose its sparkle over time, especially if it’s been stored in conditions that push oxidation. In this case though, whatever aging it went through seems to have acted more like a slow maceration than a straight evaporation oxidation cycle. I’m not saying it stayed ā€˜fresh’, it hasn’t. But it hasn’t gone linear or waxy either, which is usually the death sign for old rose. The aldehydic bite is toned down, and what’s left is that dry, spiced Taif signature folded into the Maroke. I've also got Sulaym's Taif on its own, and that one is noticeably more crisp and brighter in the opening. I can’t verify the exact chemical pathway after 40 years, but on skin it behaves more like a matured attar than an over aged rose absolute. It feels integrated, not faded/muted.
I was looking for Rose taif, but I think I want to spend my resources on this great rose from Iran, jeez I forgot the name, but it was very green in the galbandum sense not in the fight sense. Soothing regal and historical. I hope he never runs out of that source!
 
Back
Top