I was looking for Rose taif, but I think I want to spend my resources on this great rose from Iran, jeez I forgot the name, but it was very green in the galbandum sense not in the fight sense. Soothing regal and historical. I hope he never runs out of that source!
Isfahan rose?
I think Kashan is the more popular region for that sort of rose
 
Are current ghaliyas actual ghaliyas or modernized version of the old ones? Meaning, are they made following the recipes mentioned in ancient Islamic scripts or do they have some twists and mods to make them palatable to the younger and modern populations?
 
'l
Are current ghaliyas actual ghaliyas or modernized version of the old ones? Meaning, are they made following the recipes mentioned in ancient Islamic scripts or do they have some twists and mods to make them palatable to the younger and modern populations?
A little of this and a little of that. I posted a recipe here recently from a book that one of the members here shared with me, it turns out some of the classic ghaliyas were very very simple - ambergris melted into ben oil, sprinkled with musk and a bit of borneo camphor and whipped up into a an even consistently. I don't know how typical that is but I haven't seen any super simple ghaliyas like that for sale.
 
I think these are Ghaliyas in their most basic forms. Also, the quality of raw materials 100s of years ago must have been legendarily superior to what we have now.
 
Peau d'Orris Attar (Wasif Reza): Sans being cold, it has one of the richest orris profiles (violet, various berries at the top to a deep balsamic amber in the trail) amonsgt many orris compos I tried and have, a not-so-sweet violet (a good thing in my book), various berries (their ambery and fruity parts), lots of creamy and balsamic osmanthus (almost honeyed amber), incense, balsamic and incensy oud, a beautiful slightly toffeed/almost chocolaty, balsamic and dry sweet tobacco with subtle leather qualities and woody hums. They are surrounded and shaped by an elegant chypre sturcture through a Mouse de Saxe base that harks back to the yesteryear.

I have tried trail version of some of Wasif's upcoming compositions (and already released ones). I am impressed enough that I already aquired 2 extraits (Rose de L'Antiquité Oud and Peau d'Orris) and this attar.
 
I think Kashan is the more popular region for that sort of rose
Yep, that’s what it says on the label, along with the country, Iran. It’s called, Shah Gul by @AlHind Oud on his website at: https://alhindoud.com/product/shah-gul

I picked up 10 grams. I can’t wait to work with it! It’s green, but not in the green apple or fruity/fig/grassy way. More like the resinous galbanum green way. Fresh, yet still has this undercurrent of warmth. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you Anas!

I will have to look up Isfahan rose….
 
Yep, that’s what it says on the label, along with the country, Iran. It’s called, Shah Gul by @AlHind Oud on his website at: https://alhindoud.com/product/shah-gul

I picked up 10 grams. I can’t wait to work with it! It’s green, but not in the green apple or fruity/fig/grassy way. More like the resinous galbanum green way. Fresh, yet still has this undercurrent of warmth. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you Anas!

I will have to look up Isfahan rose….
If you have good Prachin oud, preferably aged or something similar to Rakheem, adding something like a drop of this rose to a half a normal quarter tola bottle, wait for a couple of weeks and man the results are spectacular! It's like a take on oud and rose which blows away any preconceived notions we had from the designer or niche fragrance realm. It's light and airy, subtly sweet, with green florals present, never feeling heavy or syrupy (something I know you loathe) and bright and energetic on the skin! I'm not even sure where I heard of this, at this point, but it's been a go to for me!
 
If you have good Prachin oud, preferably aged or something similar to Rakheem, adding something like a drop of this rose to a half a normal quarter tola bottle, wait for a couple of weeks and man the results are spectacular! It's like a take on oud and rose which blows away any preconceived notions we had from the designer or niche fragrance realm. It's light and airy, subtly sweet, with green florals present, never feeling heavy or syrupy (something I know you loathe) and bright and energetic on the skin! I'm not even sure where I heard of this, at this point, but it's been a go to for me!
Just for the sake of discussion, let’s say a drop of the typical rose absolute is 30mg. That’s 30 mg of rose abs. To 15,000 mg of oud? Wow, that’s some powerful stuff!
 
Yep, that’s what it says on the label, along with the country, Iran. It’s called, Shah Gul by @AlHind Oud on his website at: https://alhindoud.com/product/shah-gul

I picked up 10 grams. I can’t wait to work with it! It’s green, but not in the green apple or fruity/fig/grassy way. More like the resinous galbanum green way. Fresh, yet still has this undercurrent of warmth. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you Anas!

I will have to look up Isfahan rose….
Just fyi, Kashan is located within Isfahan province.

Btw, this was among the top sellers during the event 🙂.
 
You can call it Persian, Iranian, Isfahan, or Kashan. Whatever sounds good to you 😉
Is this the same gulab that i recently got from you? An interesting oil with a distinctive character/ terroir. Very fresh-juicy and tart!
 
Back
Top