Got two nice attars from Yusa.

I don’t claim to be an expert on ambergris, but the ratio in this Rose de Mai x Ambergris blend seems just right, at least to my nose. The rose is very much the star of the show - pink and sweet - while the ambergris adds a wonderfully soft, oceanic glow without being too salty or in any way fecal; there’s just enough to nudge the rose in an enchanting direction - moonlit beach vibes. It also fixes the rose nicely, making it last noticeably longer on skin than a swipe of pure rose otto. I have a small sample of Yusa’s previous rose-ambergris attar as a reference. There, the rose feels like it gets lost in seawater, and the fecal note in the opening is too jarring for my taste.

I prefer this new release, which also happens to be cheaper. It makes me want to try making own ambergris maceration. Maybe that’s something I’ll try next year, if I can get the right materials.

The Tonkin musk in 1995 Mysore is also nice. The musk adds a horsey, animalic edge to the sandal without overpowering it. It’s more delicate than I was expecting. Maybe I can find some Tonkin grains and throw them into this for extra oomph. 🤔 😄

IMG_0275.jpeg
 
Sulaym - HM Mysore

I've never been a huge fan of plain sandalwood oils (minus musk macerations and attars) but this one is definitely an exception. Its obviously recognisable as a traditional sandalwood oil, but the complexity to it is what sets it apart. It honestly smells like an attar with a touch of florals to it, maybe some taif rose ? Turkish rose ? Violet ? Not entirely sure, but I think this can certainly be worn on its own.
 
Hey All,

New here and first post. graduate student and perfume enthusiast. My perfume of the day is Musk Al Tahara perfume oil layered with grenade pivonie by Fragonard for the morning when I had to give a presentation. By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela for the rest of the day and classes.
 
Lupus & Vega - Jupien (sample)

I don’t have a description or the ingredients list so I will go on what my senses tell me.

It’s a remarkable blend with oud as a base. Then sandalwood, and rose/flower as the heart. The top is a mystery.

This is a classic L&V blend where it holds a neutral place in scent and on the scale of base/acid. This is becoming the defining mark which makes them palatable to a wider market. I really really love these new iterations of newer creations that L&V comes up with.

Thanks @Joe
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Jupien .webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi Salam dear Ouddicts 😊

Today I swiped 3 special Attars

Habz Hasna
MesOud Begum OG
AlHind Oud Bilquis 2

Hasna is an Attar that I totally forgotten in my collection…
I swiped it and I am absolutely amazed but this Attar without exaggerating…
The plumeria ( Frangipani flower) works sooooo well with sandalwood !!!
This Attar is so rightly balanced !
It get the best parts of Flowers and woods ! It is like sandalwood was made to be married with Frangipani flower plumeria ! Wooow
This Attar is absolutely underrated…
Here isn’t a blend if I am not wrong !
It is a Codistill so the result is really special !
Such beautiful Attar is Hasna …
This is the right label for this beauty !

Begum is outstanding…
Mouthwatering… mind numbing…
For every one who smelled this masterpiece, I am almost sure you also waiting the next version of this treasure to get some more !
This doesn’t smell rose , this doesn’t smell Hindi …
This smell like nothing you’ve smelled before !
There is a liquor note that make me feels I am drinking halal alcool in jannah 😅
Honestly this Attar is hard to describe not only because the notes are complex, but also because it Is like the notes were melted together…
Wow this is an absolute pleasure to smell this juice !

Bilquis 2 … no words coming except
SandalOouuudilicious
Should I taste it …? ^^
Vanilla, white and milk chocolate with pure butter croissant 🥐
I can’t imagine how is Bilquis Al ward…
Need to try it Asap !
Bilquis is one of the best idea!
CK / Sandalwood sharing something really addicting !
Brother Anas cooked an amazing Attar

All these Attars are not available anywhere else …
True rarities !

I wish you all A Gooud swipe Ouddicts
 
Lupus & Vega - Jupien (sample)

I don’t have a description or the ingredients list so I will go on what my senses tell me.

It’s a remarkable blend with oud as a base. Then sandalwood, and rose/flower as the heart. The top is a mystery.

This is a classic L&V blend where it holds a neutral place in scent and on the scale of base/acid. This is becoming the defining mark which makes them palatable to a wider market. I really really love these new iterations of newer creations that L&V comes up with.

Thanks @Joe
Your feedback and the feedback from others have inspired me and have changed my method. I’m glad you like it. It is an oud and floral. A 15-year-old oud, actually. Unfortunately, it is sold out. When people smelled it during the expo, it sold. ‘I find that to be the case with many of my blends.
 
I need to follow this topic a bit more. Brother Habz gifted me a generous sample of his new attar Nasr. Without sounding silly it's like he condensed "me" and put me in a bottle. All those scents that I adore in this incredible mix. Super strong, it's easy to swipe too much of it. The balance of this very masculine attar cannot be understated. It's smokey, it's woody, earthy and spicy. Somehow he even included a couple of florals and I'm sure you all know me well enough now to know I'm not into florals but this all just works so well together. And of course...musk. Honestly cannot go wrong with this.
 
Hi Salam dear Ouddicts 😊

Today I swiped 3 special Attars

Habz Hasna
MesOud Begum OG
AlHind Oud Bilquis 2

Hasna is an Attar that I totally forgotten in my collection…
I swiped it and I am absolutely amazed but this Attar without exaggerating…
The plumeria ( Frangipani flower) works sooooo well with sandalwood !!!
This Attar is so rightly balanced !
It get the best parts of Flowers and woods ! It is like sandalwood was made to be married with Frangipani flower plumeria ! Wooow
This Attar is absolutely underrated…
Here isn’t a blend if I am not wrong !
It is a Codistill so the result is really special !
Such beautiful Attar is Hasna …
This is the right label for this beauty !

Begum is outstanding…
Mouthwatering… mind numbing…
For every one who smelled this masterpiece, I am almost sure you also waiting the next version of this treasure to get some more !
This doesn’t smell rose , this doesn’t smell Hindi …
This smell like nothing you’ve smelled before !
There is a liquor note that make me feels I am drinking halal alcool in jannah 😅
Honestly this Attar is hard to describe not only because the notes are complex, but also because it Is like the notes were melted together…
Wow this is an absolute pleasure to smell this juice !

Bilquis 2 … no words coming except
SandalOouuudilicious
Should I taste it …? ^^
Vanilla, white and milk chocolate with pure butter croissant 🥐
I can’t imagine how is Bilquis Al ward…
Need to try it Asap !
Bilquis is one of the best idea!
CK / Sandalwood sharing something really addicting !
Brother Anas cooked an amazing Attar

All these Attars are not available anywhere else …
True rarities !

I wish you all A Gooud swipe Ouddicts
It's really nice seeing these artisanal attar productions. While the old traditional sources and styles are wonderful, it's great to see that it's not a "dead" art and people are still in innovating and experimenting as opposed to just reproducing traditional combinations.
 
Scents Talks - Khaltat Madinah II

The top of lotus, daffodils and Lilly of the valley float beautifully around forming an aura of relaxation and contemplation. The heart of Hindi oud, musk, and sandalwood, saffron, and tuberose provide support to the base of Jasmine sambac and Damsac roses. The blend really transports me to the heart of Madinah. Beautiful blend.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Khaltat Madinah II.webp
    49 KB · Views: 56
Ruh Kadamba - smells different at different times, most recently I was reminded of myrtle, wax, manuka blossoms, vinyl, violet, mimosa, and suntan lotion. I was very intrigued by this until a sample of it spilled, resulting in a complete overload which lasted for days and I have still not reset from. Had it for a couple of months, it'll be a while before I can use it in a blend because I'm still kind of disgusted. It's great stuff and very intriguing but it has MASSIVE "too much of a good thing" potential.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Ruh Kadamba - smells different at different times, most recently I was reminded of myrtle, wax, manuka blossoms, vinyl, violet, mimosa, and suntan lotion. I was very intrigued by this until a sample of it spilled, resulting in a complete overload which lasted for days and I have still not reset from. Had it for a couple of months, it'll be a while before I can use it in a blend because I'm still kind of disgusted. It's great stuff and very intriguing but it has MASSIVE "too much of a good thing" potential.View attachment 51642
Looks beautiful! Where did you get it from?
 
AlHind Oud - Bilquis 3

This is amazing. Buttery, fresh, slightly floral creamy and delicate. To me the opening is definitely heavier on the Kinam and the sandalwood begins to shine as it settles. Very nice. After having smelt it I now realise it's an attar combination I was missing. This alongside Alamgir 1 is the equivalent of a white rose in one hand and a dagger in the other.
 
Ruh Kadamba - smells different at different times, most recently I was reminded of myrtle, wax, manuka blossoms, vinyl, violet, mimosa, and suntan lotion. I was very intrigued by this until a sample of it spilled, resulting in a complete overload which lasted for days and I have still not reset from. Had it for a couple of months, it'll be a while before I can use it in a blend because I'm still kind of disgusted. It's great stuff and very intriguing but it has MASSIVE "too much of a good thing" potential.View attachment 51642
Very rare and strong stuff, especially for blending it overpowers everything
 
AlHind Oud - Bilquis 3

This is amazing. Buttery, fresh, slightly floral creamy and delicate. To me the opening is definitely heavier on the Kinam and the sandalwood begins to shine as it settles. Very nice. After having smelt it I now realise it's an attar combination I was missing. This alongside Alamgir 1 is the equivalent of a white rose in one hand and a dagger in the other.
Oh! Challenge accepted! I'll be swiping this combo tomorrow now.😛
 
I was decanting some samples to send to a colleague here, one of which was the valerian resinoid I made from the plants in my yard. This stuff is 100% pure vegan raunch in a bottle. Unbelievably potent barnyard musky cheesy wacky stuff. Sort of like fermented notes from lactic lao fermented oud combined with civet and aged brie?

I filled about 15 sample vials each with a different material but the only thing I can smell in the lab is the valerian. I don't even know why I can still smell it. I threw out the pipette tip, Then I threw out the bag that I initially put the pipette tip in. I had extracted the oil with extreme care, not a microliter spilled or smeared on anything… The sample bottle is no longer in the room, the stock bottle is closed. This stuff stains the air lol

It would be wonderful if there were some use for this as an exalting agent like civet. Something I look forward to experimenting with at some point…
 
Back
Top