Today I'm sampling a small swipe of an attar I've been macerating with black ambergris, Mongolian musk grains, a ridiculous amount of civet paste, Thai and Cambodian oud, plus some other ouds, taif rose oil, and a touch of saffron, tobacco, and omani frankincense absolute. I was actually going to make a zabad but realized it was getting too watery for the single gram of civet paste I had, so I kept adding more oils until I got an attar. It smells beautiful, like a civet-forward rose-oud that is high pitched from the rose, saffron, and fruity ouds.
 
Today I'm sampling a small swipe of an attar I've been macerating with black ambergris, Mongolian musk grains, a ridiculous amount of civet paste, Thai and Cambodian oud, plus some other ouds, taif rose oil, and a touch of saffron, tobacco, and omani frankincense absolute. I was actually going to make a zabad but realized it was getting too watery for the single gram of civet paste I had, so I kept adding more oils until I got an attar. It smells beautiful, like a civet-forward rose-oud that is high pitched from the rose, saffron, and fruity ouds.
Sounds like a perfect blend for a Mukhallat, @aoudgauze ! How fortunate to have Ta’if rose oil!
 
Scent Talks - Prachin Hind w/Red Hot Rose III

One can’t go wrong with going with any of Scent Talks’ blends. This time I’m going with Prachin Hind coupled with Red Hot Rose III. So the top I’m getting are lucious roses. Specifically, Taif rose and Rose de Mai. Then comes Prachin Oud and various Hindi ouds. The musk in this mix is so smooth he might as well call the mix “Smooth Criminal”. Also, the amber is subtle, not lost between all the ingredients, but a quiet sidekick to the oud and musk. The base consists of the fresh and green Jasmine Grandiflorum and the sweet and creamier Jasmine Sambac.

Not to forget then Red Hot Rose III. It’s like the spark plug - the nitrous oxide for the car to go even faster on 5th gear.

Scent talks has a confidence in declaring what the ingredients are. But nothing can prepare you for the actual experience of enjoying these ingredients yourself. Simply beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Prachin Hind.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 94
Scent talks has a confidence in declaring what the ingredients are. But nothing can prepare you for the actual experience of enjoying these ingredients yourself. Simply beautiful.
I can't understate this enough, and sometimes I struggle to articulate it, but truly doctor saab's works are unique to the extent I've never smelled anything like them before! What's even more challenging is, I outright love almost everything I've encountered of his! Those blends I don't, aren't even the entire blends but aspects of a portion of them which I find, stopping me from describing them as a "love" as opposed to "liking very much". How he handles florals and spices, sometimes I've approached blends of his which I thought would've had an overdose of this note or that, yet they never do! Then there's his use of animalics which always achieves the precise measure I enjoy, so that it never feels overlooked, nor overly pungent!

My experience can be summarized as the following, I've never sniffed nor applied one of this blends, and not had my mood instantly uplifted!
 
I can't understate this enough, and sometimes I struggle to articulate it, but truly doctor saab's works are unique to the extent I've never smelled anything like them before! What's even more challenging is, I outright love almost everything I've encountered of his! Those blends I don't, aren't even the entire blends but aspects of a portion of them which I find, stopping me from describing them as a "love" as opposed to "liking very much". How he handles florals and spices, sometimes I've approached blends of his which I thought would've had an overdose of this note or that, yet they never do! Then there's his use of animalics which always achieves the precise measure I enjoy, so that it never feels overlooked, nor overly pungent!

My experience can be summarized as the following, I've never sniffed nor applied one of this blends, and not had my mood instantly uplifted!
Your last sentence sums it up. I get so many notes. Sweet, subtle spice, Oud, ambergris, rose….i could go on. If I had to put his work in one word “smooth”. It’s not just the ingredients, taking bread as an example - it’s the way it’s baked.
 
I can't understate this enough, and sometimes I struggle to articulate it, but truly doctor saab's works are unique to the extent I've never smelled anything like them before! What's even more challenging is, I outright love almost everything I've encountered of his! Those blends I don't, aren't even the entire blends but aspects of a portion of them which I find, stopping me from describing them as a "love" as opposed to "liking very much". How he handles florals and spices, sometimes I've approached blends of his which I thought would've had an overdose of this note or that, yet they never do! Then there's his use of animalics which always achieves the precise measure I enjoy, so that it never feels overlooked, nor overly pungent!

My experience can be summarized as the following, I've never sniffed nor applied one of this blends, and not had my mood instantly uplifted!
Is he only on instagram?
 
I have been pretty absent. But after grabbing a gram of Jupien and @Joe graciously included a sample of an unreleased attar (?). I had to try this "Oud Brother" and man is it something! medicinal oudy minty green opening and then the roses make themselves known, dense and luscious, bouncing against the oud and making something exceptional. Hope to see this released!
 
I have been pretty absent. But after grabbing a gram of Jupien and @Joe graciously included a sample of an unreleased attar (?). I had to try this "Oud Brother" and man is it something! medicinal oudy minty green opening and then the roses make themselves known, dense and luscious, bouncing against the oud and making something exceptional. Hope to see this released!
Thank you for your kind words. It will be released soon!
 
I recently received my order from Scent Talks, 3 attars: King Sa'ud Civet Oud Edition, The Black Stone, and Ghaliya Afzal.

King Sa'ud impressed me greatly with its high-quality Hindi oud, powerful! As for the civet, I was expecting something more animalic, but it turned out to be very well balanced. Without a doubt, my favorite!

The Black Stone and Ghaliya Afzal follow the same style as King Sa'ud, offering extremely high quality. Both are addictive. The musk is very prominent and well balanced, always in great harmony with the oud. All of them have strong projection and longevity. I am very happy to have the opportunity to experience Scent Talks attars, and I look forward to making new purchases soon.
 
Elecampane tincture at the moment. Farinaceous at first, then maple, walnuts, orris, and violet in a nice balance.
 
Scent Talks - The Black Stone w/Lux Vetiver II

I keep coming back to Scent Talks’ attars with great and anticipation and am never disappointed in an anti-climax fashion. It’s less about what the ingredients are and more about how the ingredients are blended. He can give you the proportions confidently but knows that there is no way in hell you’ll know how to blend it the way he does.

I have added a sample of Lux Vetiver II to add a grassy, and vegetative edge to uplift the scent with something green. It works well. But I think I prefer the hot rose III in combination with any of his attars.

So what I end up getting is a slightly animalic, warm, cinnamon, sweet oudy, and festively spicy concoction. Kudos!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    The black stone and vetiver.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 55
Majid Itirji "100% pure natural ambergris" oil

Notice the thick carpet of white ambroxide crystals on the bottom, smell the whalloping bouquet of clary sage oil and synthetic ambroxide, regret your purchase!

I was a fool to have purchased it but I believed their earnest fairytales - caveat emptor and though I was robbed by these guys maybe it is healthier to look at them as my teachers: I learned a lesson from them, had to learn it one way or another, the tuition was the cost of this bottle of fake ambergris and their fake chemical "100% pure and natural" musk oil I got with it. I see they still have the same products for sale, I attached snapshots.
IMG_4180.jpeg
IMG_4181.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_4184.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 61
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_4182.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Majid Itirji "100% pure natural ambergris" oil

Notice the thick carpet of white ambroxide crystals on the bottom, smell the whalloping bouquet of clary sage oil and synthetic ambroxide, regret your purchase! I was a fool to have purchased it but I believed their earnest fairytales.

Definitely caveat emptor, I was robbed by these guys. healthier to look at them as my teachers: I learned a lesson from them, had to learn it one way or another, the tuition was the cost of this bottle of fake ambergris and their fake chemical "100% pure and natural" musk oil I got with it. I see they still have the same products for sale, I attached snapshots.View attachment 51786View attachment 51787
Gross and shameful.
Many scammers selling the same nonsense in India as well.
A very valuable post to the newbie and the uninitiated.
This forum needs more frank, educational posts like this.
 
Back
Top