Ghalya Al Taif - Sokkat Al Teeb
I actually began swiping this daily as an experiment to see how much 3ml lasts, but now I’m beginning to like it.
For those who are curious, I started swiping two swipes daily from a new bottle the start of the month, I missed a few days but swiped extra to compensate.
About 50-60% of the bottle is left.
Funny thing I noticed (which should be obvious) is that the more you swipe, the less you swipe.
When the bottle is new, the whole dipstick is covered by the oil, but after you use it, it gets covered less with the oil (since the level goes down) and you’re swiping less and less.

So : if one month = half a bottle is finished. It doesn’t mean that 2 months = the whole bottle is finished. It’s not linear. I suspect it’ll take 3.5-4 months to finish the bottle. We’ll see
 
well once again I am stunned by the magic of Time, which is not always your friend when it comes to making perfumes. But in this case, outrageous how much this fragrance has changed and improved since it's release. this is Naseem from @mesOUD - evocative of mysterious nostalgia, resinous, phenolic, medicinal, vital and scintillating. It's like the smell of bursting balsam poplar and willow buds along a stream bank in springtime. No doubt the influence of castoreum and oud and who knows what else. This was challengingly medicinal when fresh but I enjoyed it. It is really spectacular today. Just seeing so many things that I missed the previous times I wore it. This has been aging for about a year - looks like it was made in fact this exact time last year, on 18 December actually. Amazing job. Alchemical. Really interesting intense notes all stitched together into a beautiful form.
IMG_4298.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Ghalya Al Taif - Sokkat Al Teeb
I actually began swiping this daily as an experiment to see how much 3ml lasts, but now I’m beginning to like it.
For those who are curious, I started swiping two swipes daily from a new bottle the start of the month, I missed a few days but swiped extra to compensate.
About 50-60% of the bottle is left.
Funny thing I noticed (which should be obvious) is that the more you swipe, the less you swipe.
When the bottle is new, the whole dipstick is covered by the oil, but after you use it, it gets covered less with the oil (since the level goes down) and you’re swiping less and less.

So : if one month = half a bottle is finished. It doesn’t mean that 2 months = the whole bottle is finished. It’s not linear. I suspect it’ll take 3.5-4 months to finish the bottle. We’ll see
This is a wonderful bit of insight to keep in our back pockets, especially because it's yet another equivalence I can use to remind myself I have enough oils for the rest of my life 🤣

How've you been finding the lasting and projection on this one? I remember wearing it a lot during the last 10 days of Ramadan, and having to swipe it between rakats so I could fully enjoy it. Though it's been a while since I've returned to it, maybe my perspective will have changed.
 
S
This is a wonderful bit of insight to keep in our back pockets, especially because it's yet another equivalence I can use to remind myself I have enough oils for the rest of my life 🤣

How've you been finding the lasting and projection on this one? I remember wearing it a lot during the last 10 days of Ramadan, and having to swipe it between rakats so I could fully enjoy it. Though it's been a while since I've returned to it, maybe my perspective will have changed.
its very wearable and friendly, nothing offensive at all but also nothing stands out to my nose. Sweet fruity floral with a nice sweet resinous woody backbone. Lasts pretty long I think around 5-6 hours before it’s too faint to smell

Theoretically, 10 tola can last you up to 9 years if you did one swipe a day. Or one tola per year 😂
Yeah now that I think about it have enough Oud to last a few lifetimes alhamdulillah 😂
 
well once again I am stunned by the magic of Time, which is not always your friend when it comes to making perfumes. But in this case, outrageous how much this fragrance has changed and improved since it's release. this is Naseem from @mesOUD - evocative of mysterious nostalgia, resinous, phenolic, medicinal, vital and scintillating. It's like the smell of bursting balsam poplar and willow buds along a stream bank in springtime. No doubt the influence of castoreum and oud and who knows what else. This was challengingly medicinal when fresh but I enjoyed it. It is really spectacular today. Just seeing so many things that I missed the previous times I wore it. This has been aging for about a year - looks like it was made in fact this exact time last year, on 18 December actually. Amazing job. Alchemical. Really interesting intense notes all stitched together into a beautiful form.
View attachment 51879
I recently got a sample as well and I’ll have to revisit it. It really reminded me of either a majmua or shamama ( I don’t know which) with any and all sweetness completely stripped away.
 
I just swiped Turabi as well. Very nicely balanced sweet resinous addictive aroma, with a kind of spicy jungle character. Beautiful. The fact that this is a distilled process really seems to come through in the character of these.

I will be curious to hear your reactions to the Naseem - I was not reminded of shamama at all - to me it very much felt like its own unique scent, with a balsam poplar and castoreum theme.

Quite a good presence and duration.

The balance on these really seems outstanding, I haven't smelled anything quite like them - both wild and unifying challenging notes in a way that is harmonious and extremely appealing and addictive.

if you collect attars or mukhs, these are very very unique and real rarities if you think about it. Cutting a fresh trail and 100% worth collecting as I see it.
 
Experiment im working on
Two sandalwood oils : one a codistillation of java and timor sandalwood, and the other is a single tree east javan sandalwood oil. Along with 2008 Sumbawa oud, with grassy, floral earthy notes, and 2023 Malinau oud, carrying sweet resinous chocolaty notes. Some Ruh khus, vintage nagarmotha, labdanum absolute.
For flavorants : @YusaAromatics Patch Cola, Qatari frankincense oil, indian red rose, vintage jasmine grandiflorum, lavender, sweet basil, bergamot, blood orange, and finally Habaq grown in saudi arabia (a type of spicy mint).

The goal here is to create a sort of arabian chypre attar. It's too early to judge, but i think i need to reduce the sandalwood and up the oud, the sandalwoods carry a piney terpene like top notes, which is expected for a recently distilled indonesian sandalwood. The whole blend feels too base heavy too, and there's something thats missing which is oakmoss.
 
Ghalya Al Taif - Sokkat Al Teeb
I actually began swiping this daily as an experiment to see how much 3ml lasts, but now I’m beginning to like it.
For those who are curious, I started swiping two swipes daily from a new bottle the start of the month, I missed a few days but swiped extra to compensate.
About 50-60% of the bottle is left.
Funny thing I noticed (which should be obvious) is that the more you swipe, the less you swipe.
When the bottle is new, the whole dipstick is covered by the oil, but after you use it, it gets covered less with the oil (since the level goes down) and you’re swiping less and less.

So : if one month = half a bottle is finished. It doesn’t mean that 2 months = the whole bottle is finished. It’s not linear. I suspect it’ll take 3.5-4 months to finish the bottle. We’ll see

Or longer, I suspect most of us have quite a few ouds, blends, perfumes, and wouldn't under normal circumstances wear something every day, or just apply once a day. Right?
 
Or longer, I suspect most of us have quite a few ouds, blends, perfumes, and wouldn't under normal circumstances wear something every day, or just apply once a day. Right?
Its more of a standardised experiment, it doesnt apply to every day circumstances of course. If you have a rotation of 14 oils, 3ml can last many many years, since you only use it once every two weeks. Just a fun experiment.
 
I purchased a few grams of Mysore sandalwood from our friend, @AlHind Oud , and the package included a small sample of an oud called "Malaya Sultan." I swipped a little of it this afternoon, and it's regal, very king-poet like.

It's not released yet, at least I can't find it on his website, so I don't know anything about costs, but it's for sure a very high-quality oud--it's gotta be incense-grade, a true collector's item.

It's sweetish, a tad sweet, I should say, and leathery. It has a nice dose of fruit and speaks to you. It almost reminds me of Osmanthus absolute, straight from the bottle, with those apricot and leather notes. It talks to you; it doesn't whisper. Its sweet ripeness lacks any animalic or barnyard notes, in case you were wondering, but for those of you more experienced than I, you would know this already.

Its projection, from the little swipe I did, is incredible. I've had it on for an hour now, and it's just as strong as it was when I first swipped it. It hasn't changed. Absolutely beautiful.

Wish I could use this in a perfume. It would be fantastic if the material list were short, so the nuances of this oud could shine through rather than get muddled. I wouldn't pair it with rose. I think resins would suit it well, or the nectar of fruity notes: beeswax, maybe white champaka. Well, that's my mind blending already, I should end my review now! @OudHind Oud , when is this coming out?
 
I purchased a few grams of Mysore sandalwood from our friend, @AlHind Oud , and the package included a small sample of an oud called "Malaya Sultan." I swipped a little of it this afternoon, and it's regal, very king-poet like.

It's not released yet, at least I can't find it on his website, so I don't know anything about costs, but it's for sure a very high-quality oud--it's gotta be incense-grade, a true collector's item.

It's sweetish, a tad sweet, I should say, and leathery. It has a nice dose of fruit and speaks to you. It almost reminds me of Osmanthus absolute, straight from the bottle, with those apricot and leather notes. It talks to you; it doesn't whisper. Its sweet ripeness lacks any animalic or barnyard notes, in case you were wondering, but for those of you more experienced than I, you would know this already.

Its projection, from the little swipe I did, is incredible. I've had it on for an hour now, and it's just as strong as it was when I first swipped it. It hasn't changed. Absolutely beautiful.

Wish I could use this in a perfume. It would be fantastic if the material list were short, so the nuances of this oud could shine through rather than get muddled. I wouldn't pair it with rose. I think resins would suit it well, or the nectar of fruity notes: beeswax, maybe white champaka. Well, that's my mind blending already, I should end my review now! @OudHind Oud , when is this coming out?
I have a sample of that, very nice throaty oud! agreed it would be amazing to use things like this as an ingredient but maybe they are best enjoyed in their refined form
 
well once again I am stunned by the magic of Time, which is not always your friend when it comes to making perfumes. But in this case, outrageous how much this fragrance has changed and improved since it's release. this is Naseem from @mesOUD - evocative of mysterious nostalgia, resinous, phenolic, medicinal, vital and scintillating. It's like the smell of bursting balsam poplar and willow buds along a stream bank in springtime. No doubt the influence of castoreum and oud and who knows what else. This was challengingly medicinal when fresh but I enjoyed it. It is really spectacular today. Just seeing so many things that I missed the previous times I wore it. This has been aging for about a year - looks like it was made in fact this exact time last year, on 18 December actually. Amazing job. Alchemical. Really interesting intense notes all stitched together into a beautiful form.
View attachment 51879
Oh man I still remember recoiling when I first smelled this. It was pleasant after a while but the opening killed me. I've gotta try it again now that you've brought it to my attention
 
Oh man I still remember recoiling when I first smelled this. It was pleasant after a while but the opening killed me. I've gotta try it again now that you've brought it to my attention
to me it really comes across much different now. I do wear a small amounts of attars so I'm not taking about huge swipes
 
Amouage - Tribute

The rose used in this is simply amazing along with the saffron for the top notes. The French labdanum and amber are an amazing heart. Then the leather and vetiver at the base are simply astounding. I love this attar. The scent comes in waves of ever-intensifying power.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Tribute .webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Amouage - Tribute

The rose used in this is simply amazing along with the saffron for the top notes. The French labdanum and amber are an amazing heart. Then the leather and vetiver at the base are simply astounding. I love this attar. The scent comes in waves of ever-intensifying power.
I love Tribute and Homage, I just don’t know where they are any longer…
 
I just swiped Turabi as well. Very nicely balanced sweet resinous addictive aroma, with a kind of spicy jungle character. Beautiful. The fact that this is a distilled process really seems to come through in the character of these.

I will be curious to hear your reactions to the Naseem - I was not reminded of shamama at all - to me it very much felt like its own unique scent, with a balsam poplar and castoreum theme.

Quite a good presence and duration.

The balance on these really seems outstanding, I haven't smelled anything quite like them - both wild and unifying challenging notes in a way that is harmonious and extremely appealing and addictive.

if you collect attars or mukhs, these are very very unique and real rarities if you think about it. Cutting a fresh trail and 100% worth collecting as I see i
 
I just applied a swipe of a very interesting sambac oil. You have probably had jasmine tea, where the tea has been scented by the flowers of jasmine. This is an absolute made from the flowers that were used to scent the tea. They naturally pick up the aroma of the tea leaves, and this oil is like the mirror image of jasmine tea. 🙂 A very pleasant variation of the sambac scent. I have another oil which is a carbon dioxide extract of the tea itself. Just beautiful, something I used in a bespoke jasmine blend I made for somebody a year ago or so. The oil pictured here is the absolute, and it very much united tea like and Jasmine aromas. It's like a perfume in itself although the aroma is pretty ephemeral.

IMG_4361.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top