Al Hind Oudh - Ruh Gulab - Pink Rose Otto

Nose buried in wrist since swiping this 15 minutes ago.
The notes from the petals are extremely tranquillizing.
Looking forward to unravelling this further. Very nice :thumbsup:
I loved this when i bought a few grams. Soft, powdery. I used it in an orris-dominate blend, and I’m glad I went with my gut to pick the pink Otto instead of the red roses Otto as the latter has spicy notes the the former does not.
 
Scent Talks - Red Hot Rose III

I couldn’t resist. I just had to add red hot rose to the Jamal AlArdh. It makes it far more dimensionally expressive. The damask rose and geranium enhance the floral core. While saffron and cardamom enhance the spice radiance. The patchouli and sandalwood reinforce the base. The presence of castoreum, Hindi oud, and musk add a darker and more animalic edge to the composition. The entire wear feels more bolder and luxurious. Just as I had intended.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2212.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 118
@hunayn Ghaliya Shuyukhi - Another beautiful creation. Really stunning vintage Hindi oil, softened by rose and with the bass/ depth turned up to 10 through a musk I would love to know more about. The scent just goes on and on. My third encounter with the house after Bakkah and Socotra and I will say - the theme of taking classical compositions and raising the quality dial to max is certainly working for me! A true gentleman to deal with on top with some pretty exciting projects in the pipeline. Can't wait to try the experimental blends. I'm a fan. 🙂

And because I couldn't help myself - I set aside half a gram of this beauty and added some ambergris and saffron. Will let it rest a while - but 2 weeks in and it already smells gorgeous.
 
someone was just asking me for a take on Damascus by @An Najwa so I thought I would share my thoughts here as well.

Fruity rich rose with a lychee / peachy aspect, traces of musk, ambergris, jasmine and oud (and who knows what else) shape this into more than a mere replica of rose, and bring together a bouquet that's very much in the style of other releases from An Najwa. That signature scent is there, something you will encounter to differing degrees in his other attars like kishmir and ghalilya banu hashim. To me I get Rose, peachy and syrupy fruits, traces of jasmine and ambergris give me a feeling of being in the tropics near the beach… very nice and nostalgic perfume! Very much a rose dominated fragrance (and I'm still learning my roses) but the fruitiness reminds me of some Iranian rose oils. Some rose oil is kind of peppery/resinous apple-ish, some is high bright citrus, some muted and like raspberry, others syrupy fruity like lychee(?) (I am still trying to understand that note as well). This rose leans towards the lychee syrupy fruity type of rose, if that makes sense, with less literal citrus or apple or pepper.
 
Last edited:
Sulaym- elysium edm

I absolutely love this attar mainly for the reason that the amount applied completely changes the scent profile drastically.
When a smaller amount is used I get a lot more of the florals and a brighter profile with some ambergris supporting it, however when a larger amount is used the musk immediately becomes more prominent, the ambergris instead of pairing with the florals pair with the musk and the florals become more subtle, either way it’s an amazing piece and I think it’s always a good go to.
 
EO - Iris Noir Maroke

This is an exquisite attar that adds richness and warmth when wearing it. It features oud combined with delicate florals. Mainly, honeysuckle, rose otto, and jasmine - making the mix lush and intoxicating. The Melissa (which I have never heard of before) and orange blossom uplift the fragrance and add freshness. The orris butter and rosemary offer a refined elegance. And with a base of Sandalwood this attar is sophisticated and beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2223.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 66
Sulaym - Jade Blaze

This attar is effortlessly elegant, blending deep, resonant oud with the beauty of Sultan Qaboos jasmine and the refined sweetness of royal Taifi rose. Wild lavender and soft wildflowers lift the composition with a natural, airy freshness, while rose absolute ties everything together for a smooth and creamy finish. Creating a blend that feels regal, balanced, and quietly captivating from start to drydown. Just finished my last drop.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2228.webp
    80 KB · Views: 78
Scent Talks - Prachin Hind

Prachin Hind is a deep, regal attar where Prachin, Hindi, and Burmese ouds unfold in harmony with each other, enriched by warm saffron and amber. Smooth sandalwood, sensual musk, and a refined bloom of sweet jasmine and Taif rose soften the depth, creating a timeless, meditative elegance. I never tire of Scent Talks’ attars. I’m attached to the hip with their attars - that never seem to stall with a certain set. But regularly pushes out new blends all the time.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2232.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 60
Scent Talks - King Saud III (sample)

I applied King Saud III on top of Prachin Hind which makes it reach new depths. Assam and aged Kalakasi Hindi ouds intertwine effortlessly with Prachin and Indonesian oud, amplifying their dark depth. Civet, castoreum, and musk add a refined animalic warmth, while ambergris and sandalwood smooth the composition, and a red rose radiates softly at the edges. Together, the two attars harmonize in to something timeless and beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2233.webp
    75 KB · Views: 60
Muschouli - ASO. Refined is definitely the correct term for this. It's been a good while since I had my nose on a patchouli that I enjoyed. It can easily be too much with it's strong projecting scent. Aging has taken the sharpness away and turned down the volume. With the added Himalayan musk this becomes something very unique. Warm chocolate infused, a little medicinal even? There's a surprising amount going on in this bottle for just two ingredients. Longevity is off the charts. It would not surprise me if I could still smell it on my hair in a weeks time. Very nice. Happy I got it.
 
Sulaym - Elysium

Wearing Elysium feels like stepping into an enchanted realm where sacred woods, blooming gardens, and warm amber converge. It evolves beautifully over time, initial floral brightness gives way to a rich oud heart, and then settles into a long, ambergris finish that feels like silk against the skin. It’s not just a scent, it’s an experience.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2234.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
Muschouli - ASO. Refined is definitely the correct term for this. It's been a good while since I had my nose on a patchouli that I enjoyed. It can easily be too much with its strong projecting scent. Aging has taken the sharpness away and turned down the volume. With the added Himalayan musk this becomes something very unique. Warm chocolate infused, a little medicinal even? There's a surprising amount going on in this bottle for just two ingredients. Longevity is off the charts. It would not surprise me if I could still smell it on my hair in a weeks time. Very nice. Happy I got it
Will likely try this. Waiting for some other new ASO caravan oils to drop. Should be another one any minute now…maybe Yunnan or Leyte 🤲
 
Oud Florale -- Faizal Privee

Top- Viet Oud, Red Champaca, Chinese Osmanthus, Spanish Rock Rose

Heart -Mimosa, Egyptian Marigold, White Frangipani, Ylang Ylang

Base-Orris, White Ambergris, Kinam (Hainan)


My home's been torn up a bit the past year and I'd almost forgotten about this. Which is a shame because it's such a smooth beauty. Very well blended. All the notes speak but none of them yell. It's perfectly unisex but would make a wonderful attar for a woman who's new to oud or hesitant about animalics.
 
ASO - Muschouli

Musk and Patchouli? Definitely had to give this a try as I love a well balanced Patchouli based attar and given that this is from the house of ASO I already knew it would exceed all expectations.

The description is spot on. Its not floral, its not oudhy, its not the typical 'musky' heavy or animalic, its in a category of its own. Reminds me of a school trip I took many years ago to an old royal castle, its very similar to the aroma I encountered when walking into one of the rooms. Very noble, regal and mysterious. Powerful yet simple and uncomplicated. It's one where you look forward to blessing passers by with its dignified whiffs.
 
Back
Top