Hermitage Oils: Organic Bulgarian White/Alba Rose Otto (2025)

This might be my favourite rose at the moment!
I've been coming back to it again and again due it's it's unique character.
Admittedly, this is my first Alba rose otto, so I can't say how it compares to Albas from other vendors, but I do know outstanding quality when I put my nose to it, and this is it.

Unbelievably good!
Lemon, honey, and potent greenery.
Fresh, bright, and addictive.
Highly recommended for those exploring roses or rose enthusiasts!

If someone that owns this oil and disagrees with me on it's quality and supremacy, please educate me, and steer me right 😂
 
Scent Talks round 2...fight! Time to put on the Mortal Kombat theme since Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa recently passed ☝🏼
Scent Talks - King Saud III (sample)

I applied King Saud III on top of Prachin Hind which makes it reach new depths. Assam and aged Kalakasi Hindi ouds intertwine effortlessly with Prachin and Indonesian oud, amplifying their dark depth. Civet, castoreum, and musk add a refined animalic warmth, while ambergris and sandalwood smooth the composition, and a red rose radiates softly at the edges. Together, the two attars harmonize in to something timeless and beautiful.
I’ve contacted him Scent Talks three times on IG, asking for a price list and if they were 100% natural: to be frank, a 200ml bottle of pure oils and absolutes would be incredibly expensive. But they never wrote me back., Does anyone know if they have a website or a price list?
 
I’ve contacted him Scent Talks three times on IG, asking for a price list and if they were 100% natural: to be frank, a 200ml bottle of pure oils and absolutes would be incredibly expensive. But they never wrote me back., Does anyone know if they have a website or a price list?
Idk about ig, but his WhatsApp number is on his ig page, and he replies quite quickly on WhatsApp. No he doesn't have a website AFAIK
 
I’ve contacted him Scent Talks three times on IG, asking for a price list and if they were 100% natural: to be frank, a 200ml bottle of pure oils and absolutes would be incredibly expensive. But they never wrote me back., Does anyone know if they have a website or a price list?
Which product was being sold as a 200 ml Joe, from my experience he rarely makes anything larger than 3 - 5 tola batches ?
 
I’ve contacted him Scent Talks three times on IG, asking for a price list and if they were 100% natural: to be frank, a 200ml bottle of pure oils and absolutes would be incredibly expensive. But they never wrote me back., Does anyone know if they have a website or a price list?
Contact him through whatsapp or Instagram and he’ll provide you with all you need. prices, ingredients list…etc
 
Sokkat AlTeeb - Royal Moroccan Composition

This is one of those blends I don’t reach for often, yet every time I do, it feels quietly distinctive. The Moroccan rose immediately sets it apart. Its lush, slightly honeyed, and unmistakably regional in character. Paired with the deep, woody presence of Thai Prachin oud. I chose it on a whim going to work, wanting to step outside my usual rotation and wear something that doesn’t normally sit on my radar. On the skin, the rose truly shines, elegant and expressive, but there’s also a subtle artificial nuance that lingers in the background. It's something I can’t quite ignore, even as the composition remains intriguing and beautifully rose-forward.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1388.webp
    79 KB · Views: 70
Scent Talks - Le Oud Hallucinatant and Dehnal Oud Mukhallat.
Yesterday I began my morning with Hallucinatant. This one is Hemp, Trat Oud, and Cambodian Oud. This gave me a surreal memory of the first oil varnish I had for my violin. I teared up a bit actually. I was addicted. Then I smelled sweeter undertones which didn't drive away my initial smell. I held onto that so much. My heart started racing and for a moment I thought I was getting high, just kidding! Not the heart thing though 😅 I'm at work intoxicated by Hallucinatant. It stuck for a good 5hrs until it became a light oud skin scent. A+
I came home and prepared for the gym. Next was to try Dehnal. Did a swipe on one wrist. Hmmm pretty weak. Swipe on the other wrist. Weak. "Fuck it another swipe on both wrists." This is like a fairytale...like Tinkerbell coming to Peter Pan. Those sparkles of florals. Light. Elegant. Smooth. So I'm walking to the gym. Stretched and began with front squats. DUDE I swear I didn't fart! I was LOUD! How after 20 minutes this became a bomb? I became the Oud man! Now I am a cartoon character around a bunch of new years resolution people getting our gym on. I smelled gooooood. How dare I swipe that much. I'll tell you what...a sniff after every set got me going strong! 😁
Yesterday was epic! Thank you Doc for these creations 🙏🏼
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    17678462555744940168581042857787.webp
    173.5 KB · Views: 65
Attar Nasr - Habzoud

To me this has a very gentlemanly vibe. I wanna say barbershop. But a very high end and sophisticated barbershop from Victorian or Edwardian England. Imagine getting a fresh cut and feeling dapper. I wore it to work today and after showering when I came home, I could still smell it on my skin. Beautiful, deep, rich, classy. It opens a little dark and rugged but softens up over time with some powdery floral notes emerging far into the drydown. I agree with the description that it can suit all occasions— casual daily wear, or a very special event.
 
Sanctum Aureum/Golden Sanctuary -- Lupus & Vega

Notes: Elemi, frankincense, ylang ylang, orange blossom, neroli, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Ho wood and Mysore sandalwood.

Prayers/Wordless Mukhallat -- Lupus & Vega


Frankincense, myrrh, labdanum, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Mysore and Hawaiian sandalwoods, Koh Kong oud, patchouli, elemi, cistus and warming spices.

Quiet, well layered fragrances. Beautiful. Well done @Joe
 
Sanctum Aureum/Golden Sanctuary -- Lupus & Vega

Notes: Elemi, frankincense, ylang ylang, orange blossom, neroli, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Ho wood and Mysore sandalwood.

Prayers/Wordless Mukhallat -- Lupus & Vega

Frankincense, myrrh, labdanum, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Mysore and Hawaiian sandalwoods, Koh Kong oud, patchouli, elemi, cistus and warming spices.

Quiet, well layered fragrances. Beautiful. Well done @Joe
Both of those are amazing. Enjoy!
 
AlKhudair Oud - Amber AlMusk AlSultani (SQ)

Amber Musk Al-Sultani is a luxurious and warm fragrance that reflects authentic oriental characteristics. It features a harmonious blend of sweet soft musk and deep amber, creating a sense of elegance and lasting presence without being sharp or overwhelming. I’m not picking up any animalistic qualities of the musk. Thus, I’m not sure what kind of musk they’re referring to. The scent is well-balanced and refined. This came with my Cambodi SQ as a gift.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2249.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 50
Scent Talks - Khaltat Madinah II

This attar feels effortlessly classy without trying too hard. The musk and Hindi oud give it a warm, grounded backbone, the creamy sandalwood and saffron smooth it out. It then opens into soft, uplifting florals like jasmine sambac, tuberose, lily of the valley, and rose. Brightened by pink lotus and daffodil, with Roman chamomile adding a calm tea-like ease. It’s comforting, elegant, and very easy to love.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2251.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 53
Finally! Finally got my hands on Al Ghaliah by Al Hashimi.

This one will take some studying, but first impressions are good, and it comes across as a beautifully structured composition straight off the bat. There is lovely, effervescent fruit note in the opening which fizzes and pops off the skin before the attar settles into a mind-buzzy, narcotic mode. The animalics make their presence felt in the dry-down, providing a warm, spicy, slightly raunchy base. There is faint hint of ammonia among those animalic notes - just enough to add more than it detracts.

The base instantly reminds me of Ghalia Zafran, and the two attars clearly share the same DNA. Interestingly, when I take a swipe of the Zafran for comparison, the saffron in the latter becomes way more vivid.

IMG_0407.jpeg
 
Finally! Finally got my hands on Al Ghaliah by Al Hashimi.

This one will take some studying, but first impressions are good, and it comes across as a beautifully structured composition straight off the bat. There is lovely, effervescent fruit note in the opening which fizzes and pops off the skin before the attar settles into a mind-buzzy, narcotic mode. The animalics make their presence felt in the dry-down, providing a warm, spicy, slightly raunchy base. There is faint hint of ammonia among those animalic notes - just enough to add more than it detracts.

The base instantly reminds me of Ghalia Zafran, and the two attars clearly share the same DNA. Interestingly, when I take a swipe of the Zafran for comparison, the saffron in the latter becomes way more vivid.

View attachment 52156
There are some potentially interesting effects when you smell things side-by-side.

The idea of the saffron note seeming boosted is an interesting one… I have read one perfumer talking about one way to tune into one facet of a perfume is to desensitize yourself deliberately to some of the other elements that might be competing with it in your mixture. So if you have a mixture and the rose is so strong it's making it hard for you to make a decision about some other milder ingredient, you can sniff a bunch of Rose oil first, then when you smell the perfume mixture you will not be as sensitive to the rose relative to the other parts of the fragrance, and you can tune more into that aspect of the perfume. An interesting thought, I haven't applied this systematically myself
 
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This is one of my favorite attars and where it all started with Scent Talks.

Cuir de Tabac is irresistibly sensual. It opens with a luminous dose of orange blossom and orange, lifted by aromatic thyme, coriander, and a slight touch of pink peppercorn, before melting into a floral heart of Rosa Damascena and jasmine sambac

The soul of the fragrance lies in its layers: resinous tolu balsam, amber, saffron, and warm cinnamon, all smoothed by smoky birch tar and creamy sandalwood. Then comes the animalics of civet, castoreum, and musk entwined with tobacco flower and dense tobacco absolute, deepened to near-mythic richness by Hindi oud and Prachin oud.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2256.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 42
An Najwa- Hejaz

It’s been a while since I ranted about this attar. I put it away for a bit because it and a rose otto had leaked during a cross country flight and traces had gotten on every other bottle in my oil travel-kit. Every time I opened the lid I was hit with that combo and it threw off my nose, so I wiped everything in the kit down and quarantined the bottle. I found it the other day and had an ”aha…hello old friend“ moment.

When I first got a sample of this all I could smell was the oud. I thought for a while that it was a thick green oud from a region I’d never heard of. Even after I bought a full bottle and learned that the green color was wild vetiver I still smelled the Indian oud primarily. Toffee and barnyard and raisin ferment. Then for a while this summer, after getting lost in the grasslands of Ruh Khus, what I smelled mostly was the khus first and foremost. That minty, green kingdom. Riverbanks sighing in cool evenings after long days of baking sun.

This attar still manages to surprise me. It always has grace notes of cedar and bitter aspects to balance any sweetness no matter which aspect I’m tuned into most. Last night I put it on again after months and was greeted by all of the above. All my impressions have come together into a continuous whole. Flickers of cool green over sun warmed farmland. Like sitting by a shaded stream where cattle have come to drink after grazing the hot prairie all day. It’s such a joy to revisit oils and find all your impressions reaffirmed, but expanded with new associations. Theres still a sophisticated, refined perfumeness here despite my choice of language

I don’t always want to wear this, but when I do it really takes over. And not just because it’s so potent and diffusive.The only way I’ve found to improve upon it is to layer it with frankincense after the first high volatiles have worn off. That combo just oozes resin. Conifer, cedar, oud resin and even a thick labdanum aspect. There was a real mind blower interlude last night when everything shifted and I was hit with rising fumes of osmanthus and pine needle. Fruity and floral and unexpected.
 
Back
Top